cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Aura 1.07.71 not opening

Dreadnaught503
Level 7
I installed the new version of Asus Aura today ( Version 1.07.71 ) and the app doesn't open and i get an error saying " Error Asus Aura is currently unavailable. please close Aura and check if Aura is installed and started properly." Obviously Asus Aura is installed and obviously it didn't start properly because of this error. I'm very fed up with Asus's lack of attention to detail. This crappy software hardly works correctly most of the time, I have been having nothing but problems on and off with Asus Aura the whole time i have owned my Asus motherboard for almost a year. Is asus Aura not compatible with X99 Intel motherboards ? Why doesn't Asus make their RGB software Compatible with other RGB software ? I don't understand whats so hard for Asus to fix this RGB software that always has issues. I have a Asus ROG Ramapage V Edition 10 motherboard and I'm using Corsair Icue software to control different Corsair products in my PC.

35 REPLIES 35

Dreadnaught503
Level 7
Dreadnaught503 wrote:
I installed the new version of Asus Aura today ( Version 1.07.71 ) and the app doesn't open and i get an error saying " Error Asus Aura is currently unavailable. please close Aura and check if Aura in installed and and started properly." Obviously Asus Aura is installed and obviously it didn't start properly because of this error. I'm very fed up with Asus's lack of attention to detail. This crappy software hardly works correctly most of the time, I have been having nothing but problems on and off with Asus Aura the whole time i have owned my Asus motherboard for almost a year. Is asus Aura not compatible with X99 Intel motherboards ? Why doesn't Asus make their RGB software Compatible with other RGB software ? I don't understand whats so hard for Asus to fix this RGB software that always has issues. I have a Asus ROG Ramapage V Edition 10 motherboard and I'm using Corsair Icue software to control different Corsair products in my PC.

Bump. I'm still having the same issue where Asus Aura is not opening and i'm getting the same error. When is Asus going to fix this ? Can i Get an admin to help me ?

Dreadnaught503 wrote:
Bump. I'm still having the same issue where Asus Aura is not opening and I'm getting the same error. When is Asus going to fix this ? Can i Get an admin to help me ?

From scratch, it shouldn't matter the horrible software hardy works correctly most of the time. I wish asus would fire the software developer already because obviously they don't know what they're doing. I keep getting the same stupid error that's in the screenshot.

Still having the same issue, Is this ever going to be fixed ? How come no admins on this forum reply to my post ? Is there a place i can submit a ticket about my problem ? I am so frustrated right now that i just want to uninstall this software and never install it again. I have uninstalled and reinstalled this software multiple times and i'm still having the same issue, what am i doing wrong ? Why doesn't Asus fix this problem that is continuously happening, How come everytime this software is updated it doesn't fix the previous issues from the previous version ?

I personally haven't had an issue where Aura won't install or open, however I have had issues with problems happening on my new Strix Scar II Laptop that I believe stem from Aura. I'll get to that later.

Something I have found from reading through forums related to Aura relating to past versions is that you should try running Setup.exe as administrator in order to uninstall Aura and also make sure to uninstall other parts and services related to Aura. Here's something another victim, mdzcpa, said (They were having issues back in 1.07.35 as well but I assume this is the best way to install cleanly regardless of version):
"Aura Service
Aura
Galax Gamer RGB
Patriot Viper RGB

All of the above are part of the latest Aura (Lighting Services) Package. I suggest you uninstall them all and re install.

Use latest Aura Sync version 1.07.35
Download here: https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/au/download.html

Right-click on Setup (not AsusSetup), then Run as administrator to uninstall the old version and remove all cached data.
Reboot PC
Uninstall Galax and Viper RBG if they are still there
Reboot PC
Right-click on Setup, Run as administrator to install 1.07.35.
Reboot PC.
Right-click on the Aura shortcut icon, Run as administrator to open the Aura application."

I have not tried to uninstall the Galax and Viper RBG services, and I am not even sure if they're part of the packages in 1.07.71. But it's something I have yet to try myself and figure it could help. You may have already done these things, but I too thought I had uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times, and it turns out there may be a better way to do it so I'd give it a shot.

Now I have had my own issues separate from the application running or not:
Often, the settings I use on the app stop working after a while, reverting to defaults without being instructed to or just becoming stuck on one part of a lighting pattern.
I experienced problems with extreme keyboard and mouse latency that happened randomly and could only be fixed by stopping Aura services by restarting. I have since done a fresh Windows Install and not experienced latency again, but the problem happens so intermittently I do not know if it will return. This problem only started happening after I installed Aura, not immediately, but it was not happening beforehand. This is a brand new laptop and should not need to be restarted to avoid having so much latency, and additionally, the resource monitor did not indicate that memory or cpu usage, or any components usage for that matter, was heavy in any sense during this episode.
Most recently, after becoming stuck on a single color when the setting was supposed to have the lighting displays cycle, I attempted to turn the lighting off and on from the app, reset to defaults, change settings, with no response. Until suddenly the light bar began flashing through all the colors quickly, as if a strobe light, when that was not the selected option in the app, and the keyboard lights began to respond to my settings changes. At this point I uninstalled the app and will not reinstall permanently until I can find either an older more stable version or until Asus fixes their software. I will be going through older versions of Aura and testing them to see which (if any) are stable and work well.

jlunder00 wrote:
I personally haven't had an issue where Aura won't install or open, however I have had issues with problems happening on my new Strix Scar II Laptop that I believe stem from Aura. I'll get to that later.

Something I have found from reading through forums related to Aura relating to past versions is that you should try running Setup.exe as administrator in order to uninstall Aura and also make sure to uninstall other parts and services related to Aura. Here's something another victim, mdzcpa, said (They were having issues back in 1.07.35 as well but I assume this is the best way to install cleanly regardless of version):
"Aura Service
Aura
Galax Gamer RGB
Patriot Viper RGB

All of the above are part of the latest Aura (Lighting Services) Package. I suggest you uninstall them all and re install.

Use latest Aura Sync version 1.07.35
Download here: https://www.asus.com/campaign/aura/au/download.html

Right-click on Setup (not AsusSetup), then Run as administrator to uninstall the old version and remove all cached data.
Reboot PC
Uninstall Galax and Viper RBG if they are still there
Reboot PC
Right-click on Setup, Run as administrator to install 1.07.35.
Reboot PC.
Right-click on the Aura shortcut icon, Run as administrator to open the Aura application."

I have not tried to uninstall the Galax and Viper RBG services, and I am not even sure if they're part of the packages in 1.07.71. But it's something I have yet to try myself and figure it could help. You may have already done these things, but I too thought I had uninstalled and reinstalled the app multiple times, and it turns out there may be a better way to do it so I'd give it a shot.

Now I have had my own issues separate from the application running or not:
Often, the settings I use on the app stop working after a while, reverting to defaults without being instructed to or just becoming stuck on one part of a lighting pattern.
I experienced problems with extreme keyboard and mouse latency that happened randomly and could only be fixed by stopping Aura services by restarting. I have since done a fresh Windows Install and not experienced latency again, but the problem happens so intermittently I do not know if it will return. This problem only started happening after I installed Aura, not immediately, but it was not happening beforehand. This is a brand new laptop and should not need to be restarted to avoid having so much latency, and additionally, the resource monitor did not indicate that memory or cpu usage, or any components usage for that matter, was heavy in any sense during this episode.
Most recently, after becoming stuck on a single color when the setting was supposed to have the lighting displays cycle, I attempted to turn the lighting off and on from the app, reset to defaults, change settings, with no response. Until suddenly the light bar began flashing through all the colors quickly, as if a strobe light, when that was not the selected option in the app, and the keyboard lights began to respond to my settings changes. At this point I uninstalled the app and will not reinstall permanently until I can find either an older more stable version or until Asus fixes their software. I will be going through older versions of Aura and testing them to see which (if any) are stable and work well.

How do i run the setup.exe as administrator to uninstall ? where is this setup.exe ? I don't know where the other parts of aura are. I'm not going to waste my time going through my pc to find all of this and uninstall it all then reinstall asus aura "correctly" and still have the same issues, I'm just going to be reinstalling windows and wiping out all of the storage devices. I really think its retarded that i have to install this ridiculous software a certain way for it to work correctly. I have 0 hope that asus will get their **** together and fix these huge issues themselves instead of me having to do it. How do i install this software correctly ? Also that link you provided doesn't have version 1.07.35.

katlani
Level 9
have you actually updated existing version or installed a new one from scratch?

BillBittel
Level 12
I am pretty sure running Aura and iCue simultaneously is problematic. They can cause buss conflicts. Neither program is particularly well written, both are resource hogs, and neither uses the proper bus access interlocks. *Be really careful if you are using RGB RAM. When the GSkill Trident Z RGB RAM first came out, a lot of people ended up with corrupted SPD data, and bricked DIMMs - caused by RGB control software.*

Aura has gotten better but it's still a bloated, poorly written program (with a crappy GUI and lame presets). It has to be installed (and Uninstalled) in an exact way or you are likely to have problems with it. The procedures are documented on this forum and should not be hard to find. *Hard to grab and post a link (on phone). I'll post a link to the step by step instructions when I get to a computer. *If you are determined to wipe and re-install Windows, just make sure you install Aura the "right way" when you get to that point.*

Good luck and be careful running multiple RGB programs concurrently. Generally, the less the better.***

BillBittel wrote:
I am pretty sure running Aura and iCue simultaneously is problematic. They can cause buss conflicts. Neither program is particularly well written, both are resource hogs, and neither uses the proper bus access interlocks. *Be really careful if you are using RGB RAM. When the GSkill Trident Z RGB RAM first came out, a lot of people ended up with corrupted SPD data, and bricked DIMMs - caused by RGB control software.*

Aura has gotten better but it's still a bloated, poorly written program (with a crappy GUI and lame presets). It has to be installed (and Uninstalled) in an exact way or you are likely to have problems with it. The procedures are documented on this forum and should not be hard to find. *Hard to grab and post a link (on phone). I'll post a link to the step by step instructions when I get to a computer. *If you are determined to wipe and re-install Windows, just make sure you install Aura the "right way" when you get to that point.*

Good luck and be careful running multiple RGB programs concurrently. Generally, the less the better.***

Hello, what do you mean with "Right way"? I think we did!

Even if Aura is working for now, we are not sure how long anymore...

The luckiest are now obliged to downgrade the drivers of the graphic card (Radeon) !!!! Re-installed windows is a big pain, unacceptable, and as I said, it is not sure anymore that the problems won't come back for X or Y reason.

Some people have problem with the new X570 MoBo, it is a shame dude !!

In my case, from the beginning I had problem with Aura with light effects which doesn't work.
And NO it doesn't want to open EVEN if NO RGB program are installed anymore in my computer, I tried EVERYTHING.

But iCue is working like a charm even with Aura installed, never had problem with it.

Aura has 2 updates which doesn't change a thing, but... Is Aura-team really working on fixing our problems?
How long the customers will wait? we don't have any news from Asus. Even on Youtube, they dare to say ASUS doesn't care. Come on Asus you can do it!

BigJohnny
Level 13
Aura has been problematic since its inception. There are a few boards that work semi OK with it and some that dont work at all. I finally gave up on it and for whats on the board that wont run anything I just leave it at default and everything else is controlled via corsair or aquacomputer.