Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

A couple people have asked me what the "right way" is. I can't say this is the be all end all solution, but it did get Aura working for me awhile back when I was fighting with it. Aura's behavior seems to be dependent on a lot of variables - which MOBO, which non-Aura LED products, which version of Aura, which BIOS, etc. So what worked for me with my hardware may not work for someone else. I copied the following from a post that was made in the Asus forum regarding Aura v1.07.17, around Oct 22, 2018. It worked for me. I don't know if it will work for anyone else. I saved the info as a text file so here it is. IMHO, Aura is terrible when it won't work and not impressive at all when it does. That said, here is the procedure I went through that worked. Maybe it will help someone else.

Aura 1.07.17
    Please follow the process below for installation, thank you
    - Right click on Setup icon (AsusSetup.exe), run as administrator (this will remove old versions and all of their cache data)
    - Reboot
    - Right click on Setup icon (AsusSetup.exe), run as administrator (this will install 1.07.17)
    - Reboot
    - Right click on desktop Aura icon, run as administrator (this will open Aura)
    - If devices are missing from Aura UI, hit the refresh icon

Here is the installation procedure of AURA Sync 1.07.17 according to your case :

IF FIRST INSTALL

--------Install process : - Launch "AsusSetup.exe" (Right click > Run as administrator) > "Next" > "Next" > "Finish"
    --------------------------------- The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "OK"
    --------------------------------- Launch AURA via desktop AURA icon (Right click > Run as administrator)
    --------------------------------- Hit the refresh icon (top right) to search all your AURA Sync devices

IF UPDATE

--------Update process : - Uninstall your current AURA apps in this order : 1) GALAX GAMER RGB and/or Patriot Viper RGB if it is/they are installed
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2) AURA Service if it is installed
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------3) AURA ("Yes" when the uninstaller asks to restart)
    ----------------------------------- Perform a cleanup of the registry (with CCleaner Free or others)
    ----------------------------------- Launch "AsusSetup.exe" (Right click > Run as administrator) > "Next" > "Next" > "Finish"
    ----------------------------------- The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "OK"
    ----------------------------------- Launch AURA via desktop AURA icon (Right click > Run as administrator)
    ----------------------------------- Hit the refresh icon (top right) to search all your AURA Sync devices

here are the components : - AURA
    ------------------------------------------------ AURA Service
    ------------------------------------------------ GALAX GAMER RGB
    ------------------------------------------------ Patriot Viper RGB

If you do not have a Galax or Patriot product, you can uninstall them after installation, or before installation if you do not want them to be installed removing the files AacPatriotSetup.exe & AacGalaxSetup.exe contained in ...\Lighting_Control_1.07.17\LightingService\aac

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by BillBittel View Post
    A couple people have asked me what the "right way" is. I can't say this is the be all end all solution, but it did get Aura working for me awhile back when I was fighting with it. Aura's behavior seems to be dependent on a lot of variables - which MOBO, which non-Aura LED products, which version of Aura, which BIOS, etc. So what worked for me with my hardware may not work for someone else. I copied the following from a post that was made in the Asus forum regarding Aura v1.07.17, around Oct 22, 2018. It worked for me. I don't know if it will work for anyone else. I saved the info as a text file so here it is. IMHO, Aura is terrible when it won't work and not impressive at all when it does. That said, here is the procedure I went through that worked. Maybe it will help someone else.

Aura 1.07.17
    Please follow the process below for installation, thank you
    - Right click on Setup icon (AsusSetup.exe), run as administrator (this will remove old versions and all of their cache data)
    - Reboot
    - Right click on Setup icon (AsusSetup.exe), run as administrator (this will install 1.07.17)
    - Reboot
    - Right click on desktop Aura icon, run as administrator (this will open Aura)
    - If devices are missing from Aura UI, hit the refresh icon

Here is the installation procedure of AURA Sync 1.07.17 according to your case :

IF FIRST INSTALL

--------Install process : - Launch "AsusSetup.exe" (Right click > Run as administrator) > "Next" > "Next" > "Finish"
    --------------------------------- The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "OK"
    --------------------------------- Launch AURA via desktop AURA icon (Right click > Run as administrator)
    --------------------------------- Hit the refresh icon (top right) to search all your AURA Sync devices

IF UPDATE

--------Update process : - Uninstall your current AURA apps in this order : 1) GALAX GAMER RGB and/or Patriot Viper RGB if it is/they are installed
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------2) AURA Service if it is installed
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------3) AURA ("Yes" when the uninstaller asks to restart)
    ----------------------------------- Perform a cleanup of the registry (with CCleaner Free or others)
    ----------------------------------- Launch "AsusSetup.exe" (Right click > Run as administrator) > "Next" > "Next" > "Finish"
    ----------------------------------- The installer will ask you to restart your PC > "OK"
    ----------------------------------- Launch AURA via desktop AURA icon (Right click > Run as administrator)
    ----------------------------------- Hit the refresh icon (top right) to search all your AURA Sync devices

here are the components : - AURA
    ------------------------------------------------ AURA Service
    ------------------------------------------------ GALAX GAMER RGB
    ------------------------------------------------ Patriot Viper RGB

If you do not have a Galax or Patriot product, you can uninstall them after installation, or before installation if you do not want them to be installed removing the files AacPatriotSetup.exe & AacGalaxSetup.exe contained in ...\Lighting_Control_1.07.17\LightingService\aac
    When i run the AsusSetup.exe as administrator i get an error saying " Does not support operating system : WNT_10.OP_64 "
    Does Asus Arua not support Windows 10 64 bit ? where do i get the 32 bit version ?
    Last edited by Dreadnaught503; 08-20-2019 at 06:34 PM.

ROG Enthusiast Array

I have Aura installed on my X99 rig and my Z370 rig. Both are running WIndows 10 Pro-64. One is running release 1809 and the other 1903. Aura works fine on both of them (knock on wood) so Aura should run on Windows 64-bit and I would guess that most if not all are running 64-bit. I don't think that is your problem.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by BillBittel View Post
    I have Aura installed on my X99 rig and my Z370 rig. Both are running WIndows 10 Pro-64. One is running release 1809 and the other 1903. Aura works fine on both of them (knock on wood) so Aura should run on Windows 64-bit and I would guess that most if not all are running 64-bit. I don't think that is your problem.

This is the error I'm getting. I don't understand why 64bit is working for you but not me.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Asus Aura error.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	296.5 KB 
ID:	81561

New ROGer Array Japion PC Specs
    Japion PC Specs
    MotherboardB450-E Gaming
    ProcessorRyzen 3700X
    Memory (part number)16GB Trident Z RGB 3200 MHz CL16
    Graphics Card #11070 STRIX
    MonitorBenq EX3501R
    Storage #1KIngston A400 500GB SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i Platinum
    CaseFractal Design Meshify C
    Power SupplySeasonic Focus 650W
    OS Windows 10 Home

I have also an issue with aura. It did work for me well but after deleting AI Suite III and AURA, and reinstalling AURA, for some reason It wont detect by MOBO, RAM and GPU. I have installed multiple version but they wont. work properly. I have uninstalled it from windows control panel, registry and folders. But it still wont work properly.

;/

New ROGer Array Saberous PC Specs
    Saberous PC Specs
    MotherboardZ390 ASUS Maximus XI Hero (Wi-Fi) MOBO
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 9900k @ 5.0GHz
    Memory (part number)32GB G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 3600MHz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS RTX 2080 OC
    Graphics Card #2MSI GTX 970 GAMING 4G
    Monitor3 Asus VH238 60Hz Monitors
    Storage #11 M.2 Samsung Evo 870 EVO 1TB
    Storage #22 Samsung Evo 860 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i Platinum
    CaseCosmos 2 Case
    Power SupplyAsus Thor 1200 PSU
    Keyboard Logitech G105
    Mouse G700s
    Headset Logitech G430
    Mouse Pad Corsair
    Headset/Speakers Logitech
    OS Win10 64 Pro
    Network RouterAsus RT-AC88U

I am having the same issue with Asus Aura 1.07.71 not opening; however I can get it to work if I uninstall and reinstall the software daily but who wants to do that?

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MrAgapiGC PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus XI Code
    Processor9900K
    Memory (part number)CMK32GX4M4B3600C18
    Graphics Card #1STRIX-GTX1080ti-O8G-GAMING
    MonitorAOC AGON AG2701QX (2)
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 256GB
    Storage #2Kingston Savage 500GB
    CPU CoolerNzxt X74 360mm AIO
    CaseNzxt H700
    Power SupplyEVGA 850 G2
    Keyboard Logitech G810
    Mouse Asus Spartha
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Revolver S
    Mouse Pad Hyper X Fury S 900mx420mm
    Headset/Speakers Logitech Z337
    OS Windows 10 64btis
    Network RouterTpLink Archer C9
    Accessory #1 EKWB FANs all of them

I need a feedback that i have being ask. PLease send me these to the ROG discord channel. what is the, for all, using Aura and Armory Crate, the Light service Version please and product version and Date modified.
    Learn, Play Enjoy!

ROG Enthusiast Array AliAPCMR PC Specs
    AliAPCMR PC Specs
    MotherboardZ390 E
    Processori5 9600k
    Memory (part number)Corsair RGB Vengeance (Corsair CMR16GX4M2A2666C16)
    Graphics Card #1GTX 1070 EVGA FTW
    Sound CardAsus SupremeFX
    MonitorSamsung 1080p 40inch 3D Tv
    Storage #1Samsung Evo 500gb SSD
    Storage #23TB & 2TB &500GB HDD
    CPU CoolerNoctua U12S
    CaseNZXT Noctis 450
    Power Supply850 wats EVGA SUPERNOVA
    Keyboard Corsair Raptor K30
    Mouse Logitec M305
    Headset Creative Sound Blasters Rage V2 Wireless (RGB)
    OS Windows 10 (Latest Update)
    Accessory #1 NZXT GRID V2
    Accessory #2 NZXT HUE PLUS

I have a issue to where when i re install this software from scratch i.e remove all instances of aura using aura cleaner and using ccleaner and the re installing aura everthing works as it should. But soon as i shutdown the pc and turn it back on aura has a issue with game effects. I dont understand i have to keep unistalling and re installing to get this working and soon as i shut the pc down and turn it back on the feature stops working. At first i was like this is awesome playing black ops 4 going in the water the leds change blue then getting killed changing red and it looked awesome. Then i turned my pc off and turned it back on game effects mode stops working the leds dont change when i die and after dieing a few times the colour freezes on orange and the mobo led freezes on red, quiting the game just sticks the leds on orange. Why is this happing?

ROG Member Array crispinrosete PC Specs
    crispinrosete PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Maximus X Hero Wifi-AC
    ProcessorIntel Core i3-8100 3.60GHz
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z 3600mhz RGB (16gb)
    Graphics Card #1Rog Strix Geforce GTX 1060 Advance Edition 6gb
    MonitorAsus VC239H
    Storage #1M.2 WD Green 240gb
    Storage #2Seagate 1TB Barracuda
    CPU CoolerBykski AIO 240
    CaseAerocool Quartz
    Power SupplySeasonic M12II-620 EVO 80+ Full Modular
    Keyboard Redragon Aryaman
    Mouse Redragon Dagger
    Headset Badwolf
    Mouse Pad G-Force Extended Mousepad
    Headset/Speakers Creative
    OS Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    Network RouterPLDT Fibr

I have no any issue on installing aura software or error in opening the software except the random freeze of the lights when Im using some of the effects like rainbow, comet, flash and dash, glowing yoyo, cpu temp and music and I noticed that the cpu usage is slowly increasing then when it hit above 20% or 28% mostly the lights or effects start freezing. But when I used the basic effects like static, breathing and color cycle the aura works properly without any issue and less consumed of cpu, it play only around 0.3 or 0.5%. Any idea on how to fix this?

New ROGer Array scsam PC Specs
    scsam PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus X Hero
    Processori7-8086k @5.1Ghz
    Memory (part number)CMT32GX4M4C3466C16
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 2080 Ti FTW 3 ULTRA
    MonitorAsus PG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO
    CPU CoolerCorsair H110i
    CaseNZXT H700
    Power SupplyEVGA SUPERNOVA T2 1000W

Anyone else?

AuraService is currently unavailable. Please close Aura and check if AuraService is installed and started properly.

I can't find auraservice anywhere in my list of services. tried reinstalling with reboots inbetween each step.

Stopped working this morning as of Windows update KB4524570 + "Feature update to Windows 10, version 1909"

Edit:

Uninstalled both updates, performed another clean re-install, no luck.
    Disabled antivirus (windows defender) - no luck

I'm not sure what changed on my system overnight to cause Aura to stop working. I'vebeen on .71 since it launched and haven't had problems until right now.
    Last edited by scsam; 11-14-2019 at 02:55 PM. Reason: additional info

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast