cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

does the R6E have the DRAM Mode 1 & 2 for OC/compatibility modes?

Brighttail
Level 11
Hey all,

On the older R5E boards, under the DRAM settings, there was a MODE selector. You could set it to Mode 1 for Overclocking or Mode 2 for Compatibility. I'm not seeing this on the newer R6E board and was wondering if I missed it somewhere?

I ask because I got a new set of Corsair Dominator RGB RAM and there is nothing that I can do to get ANY OC on them. I can't even tighten the timings. If I move a single number off the default XMP levels, even in manual, the board refuses to POST, much less boot.

I know some of the more higher frequency or more expensive versions of the Dominator Platinum RGB, do allow OC. Mine is a basic level, 3200, 4x8, cl 16 version. Still it would be the first kit of a Dominator Platinum that I would not be able to OC at all. My kit is CMT32GX4M4C3200C16

I had remembered this MODE setting in my previous board and how I needed to set it to Mode one to OC the RAM but I'm not seeing that selection anywhere now.
Panteks Enthoo Elite / Asus x299 Rampage VI Extreme / Intel I9-7900X / Corsair Dominator RGB 3200MHz

MSI GTX 1080 TI / 2x Intel 900p / Samsung 970 Pro 512GB

Samsung 850 PRO 512GB / Western Digital Gold 8TB HD

Corsair AX 1200i / Corsair Platinum K95 / Asus Chakram

Acer XB321HK 4k, IPS, G-sync Monitor / Water Cooled / Asus G571JT Laptop
0 REPLIES 0