cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nahimic Service and Aura Sync causes slow app startup times

TheGamerX20
Level 7
Hi

So I've just noticed.. that if I'm using the NahimicService (which I do through Sonic Studio 3), and set the AURA RGB Setting to ANYTHING but Rainbow, the startup times for apps like Firefox and WinRAR become slow..

Why does AURA affect the NahimicService and startup times? and why does Rainbow work fine? why does disabling RGB(which is what I wanna do) causes apps to start slowly?

Thing is.. if I disable NahimicService and keep AURA, it works just fine.. no lag at all even if I set it to something other than Rainbow, or if I set RGB to Rainbow and keep NahimicService on then it also works fine.. I just don't get why they are conflicting..

My motherboard is the Maximus XI Hero (WiFI) if that helps.

Thanks!
1 REPLY 1

Rippin_Kittin
Level 9
Hey there
Did you happen to install the new Windows 10 cumulative update recently? KB4505903 (OS Build 18362.267)
If yes, the problem *could* come from the update. I've been using Sonic Suite for my music and gaming but now
I had to uninstall it since the startup time for Mozilla Firefox got ridiculously slow and each time opening up the
hardware and devices window took just as long time.

I discovered that uninstalling Sonic Suice and Sonic Radar or the entire Realtek audio with whole kit made the
problem disappear for me. It *could* be that the Sonic Drivers are doing something bad together with the new
Windows 10 update, but I am not sure. It would be interesting to know if someone else could conferm this.
CPU: Intel Core i7-8700K @ 5.1 GHz || MB: ROG Strix Z370-F Gaming || Cooling: Corsair Hydro 115i
GFX: 2 x GeForce GTX 1080 Ti 11GB (SLI) || RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 32GB OC @ 3300 MHz
Keyboard: Logitech G910 Orion Spectrum || Mouse: Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum
Monitor: ASUS 27" ROG SWIFT PG279Q 165Hz || PSU: Corsair AX1600i || OS: Windows 10 Professional x64
Case: NZXT Phantom 820 FullTower - White