cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS TUF B450M-PLUS Ryzen 3600 blank screen on wakeup from sleep

fatalhalt
Level 9
Hello I put together a system with Ryzen 3600 and TUF B450M-PLUS motherboard, currently it is running latest 1607 AGESA 1.0.0.2) BIOS on Win10 1903 18362.264 with latest chipset drivers. The system won't wakeup from sleep no matter what, it displays blank screen with LEDs on the motherboard on and CPU fan spinning, my keyboard lights up but doesn't even respond to NumLock. Any ideas what's going? It is a serious issue for me.

Specs
- TEAMGROUP T-FORCE VULCAN TUF 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR4 3200 (PC4 25600) using X.M.P 3200 1.35v profile
- Radeon HD 7450 GPU
5 REPLIES 5

fatalhalt
Level 9
I traced down the wakeup issue to PBO, I had PBO turned on to get extra 0.1GHz speedup in full load scenario. I disabled PBO and now motherboard wakes up from sleep no problem on Win10 or Linux. Well I hope this issue could be fixed in next BIOS or AGESA update. The unsettling part was that when PBO was and system was woken up, it would sit on blank screen with CPU really heating up and fan barely spinning.

Edit: Still have the problem, it started happening again, wouldn't wake from sleep. I cleared CMOS and applied XMP Profile and set +200MHz boost precision, only these 2 changes. I'm starting to think it might be USB related, I'm using Ducky Shine 5 keyboard, it might be pulling too much current for the mobo, I really don't know.

fatalhalt wrote:
Edit: Still have the problem, it started happening again, wouldn't wake from sleep. I cleared CMOS and applied XMP Profile and set +200MHz boost precision, only these 2 changes. I'm starting to think it might be USB related, I'm using Ducky Shine 5 keyboard, it might be pulling too much current for the mobo, I really don't know.

I have the same board but with a 3800x.
I have exactly the same issue.
You should put PBO and any PBO related settings to 'Auto'.
Meanwhile, you should also avoid memory overclock when possible.
This fixes my sleep issue but I really hope ASUS is able to fix it in the next BIOS release.

wny1990 wrote:
The new BIOS released today fixed my sleep issue:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/TUF_B450M-PLUS_GAMING/TUF-B450M-PLUS-GAMING-ASUS-180...

I have the same ram and mobo but running 3400g only. Black screen half way installing the display driver. Hope this new bios fix my issue, so I don't have to complete the RMA.