cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus Maximus XI Code Questions

JMatzelle
Level 7
I am on the fence with the XI Code and need some help pairing it with the 9900K that will not be overclocked.

How is the motherboard? Is it well built and reliable?

I hear about the phases and want to know is it a concern with a non overclock 9900K?

The RGB is it dim as people say?*
5 REPLIES 5

JMatzelle
Level 7
Bump for help really wondering if this board is worth it. Also about the dim lighting is this a flaw in the design and stuff and its not that bad or a deal breaker and also the phases for a 9900k that won't be overclocked?

Enderwiggin03
Level 7
Expensive board for not overclocking a 9900k, even I can overclock mine on a Z390-E, and the LEDs are brighter.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
JMatzelle wrote:
I am on the fence with the XI Code and need some help pairing it with the 9900K that will not be overclocked.

How is the motherboard? Is it well built and reliable?

I hear about the phases and want to know is it a concern with a non overclock 9900K?

The RGB is it dim as people say?*

Thanks for the Q. Built is fantastic good temps on OC. If you do not want to oc the cpu, just add the last bios and oem drivers. Load XMP1 and YES and save. The CPU will fo the rest. On load is 4.8ghz all cores.

The phases word is crap? (not true, unless you want to brake world record ). with my 5.0 oc my VRM does not pass the 50C. use the 2 cpu plug on top, and have a good aio if you want.

The RGB on the board specially on the io (where is the Maximus xi logo ) is dim that is the sad part. the rest is ok and bright. i use the new Armory Crate update to control all AURA lights aio fans the rest with bios and i am happy with it. I will try to save some cash to get the xtreame since we are going to have z390 for a while.

I use 3600mhz Cl18 bdie memory. My Cpu is oc to 5.0 at 1.30volts and on windows i have it on balance. When is needed the 5.0 is there to be use on load. and keep the temps as low as posible. The 5.0 consume 180w of power. and temps are fantastic even on VRM tested on heat cam, thermal readings and manual readouts. and consistent with hwinfo64
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Thanks was not sure if they make reliable motherboards I read all the reviews and was not sure*

JMatzelle wrote:
Thanks was not sure if they make reliable motherboards I read all the reviews and was not sure*

board is solid. Since z390 will have a good live span, I am planning to get another tear like a formula gene or extreame. prices are not bad.
Learn, Play Enjoy!