cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New BIOS for the Asus MAXIMUS IV GENE-Z/GEN3 Intel Z68 Socket 1155 Motherboard

Montala
Level 7
Hi,

I hope this hasn't been posted already, but those of you who have one of these excellent motherboards might be interested to know that Asus have finally released an updated BIOS, 3103, which can be downloaded from http://uk.asus.com/Motherboards/Inte...GEN3/#download

It is dated 24/2/2012, and according to their website it is claimed to:

1.Improve system stability.

2.Improve memory compatibility.

3.Support new CPUs. Please refer to our website at: http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/c...Language=en-us

* Enable support for Intel Next Gen 22nm Processor E1 stepping MP version CPU.

I will be updating mine tomorrow!

Enjoy!

WARNING: Asus have now removed this update from their websites, (March 2012) and we are currently waiting for news of a replacement.
97 REPLIES 97

CraigJukes
Level 7
Yeah, about that... When I updated mine, it switched my 8GB of ram to (7.47GB) Usable... any ideas on this?

Also... when updating, It's changed my Windows Rating Score for my SSD down from 7.9 to 7.7... also any ideas on that?

Apart from that business, the motherboard is working flawlessly, boot times also increased, by a good couple of seconds thats
for sure, it changed the font and tightened the resolution up in the BIOS too, which is a nice touch... be even better to see it at
1920-1080p, that would be just magic!

Another thing is since changing the BIOS, I get alot more warning messages from AISuite too... though there isn't any
problem, just these silly fake warning messages, it's like they are telling me my voltages are really low.. yet when I check
through them, they are fine... and my CPU fan sometimes says 0-RPM yet it's spinning at 1100-RPM strange eh!

[EDIT] I've fixed the usable ram, by switching off and on the "memory remapping" feature, PC works perfectly!
no ram issues either, so not sure what the bottom posts are going on about?

puma99dk_
Level 9
nice, i think i will update my bios soon ^^

shockre
Level 7
i've just updated my board and with the same settings i was using before i got 0x50 bsod and just tried intel burn test and it doesnt pass.

this sux.

HiVizMan
Level 40
Pretty easy to revert back so no problem yeah???
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

shockre
Level 7
i had to raise dram voltage to make it stable again, from 1.6v (stock XMP setting) to 1.625v.

"2.Improve memory compatibility." - hah.

anyways, it's all ok now so i guess i'll leave it on 1.625v.

Montala
Level 7
Hmm... I don't like the idea of having to raise my dram voltage to that sort of level.

Presumably it depends on the 'rating' of the memory concerned... or does it?

Mine is Corsair Vengeance LP for which the spd voltage is 1.5v, I believe.

NiMx1233
Level 7
Can't seem to download it, probably regional issues?(I'm from Malaysia)
i7-2700K @ 4.4 GHz
Maximus IV GENE-Z/GEN3
2x4GB Mushkin 996997 2133MHz 9-11-10-28
Gigabyte GTX580 3GB
1TB 7200RPM Samsung HD103SJ
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Cooler Master GX 750W Bronze
CM Storm Enforcer
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1

HiVizMan
Level 40
updated 3103
http://www.mediafire.com/?mq8r81k661cf0ex

fixed ASUS USB Updater function fail

here you go
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

Thanks, mate. You're awesome. :cool:
i7-2700K @ 4.4 GHz
Maximus IV GENE-Z/GEN3
2x4GB Mushkin 996997 2133MHz 9-11-10-28
Gigabyte GTX580 3GB
1TB 7200RPM Samsung HD103SJ
Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO
Cooler Master GX 750W Bronze
CM Storm Enforcer
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit SP1