cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair VIII Hero - USB 2.0 question

koford
Level 7
Hello, i have a Fractal Define "S2" case..
I am not sure wich one to use (USB 2.0) (3.1 sorted)
On motherboard i see: USB1213 and USB_E56, wich one do i actually use?

Edit: For record, both USB1213 and USB_E56 is for USB 2.0.
The only difference from these two is that one of them allow bit higher input volt on some pin.
4 REPLIES 4

Knight_Trane
Level 7
This is a good question. Why no answer?

I'm curious as well. I don't remember which I used but I do know if I plug my mouse dongle into either of the front panel USB ports I can't use the other port. It makes my mouse shut down. I wrote it off as a case problem but if one has higher voltage that may be the issue.

todd200 wrote:
I'm curious as well. I don't remember which I used but I do know if I plug my mouse dongle into either of the front panel USB ports I can't use the other port. It makes my mouse shut down. I wrote it off as a case problem but if one has higher voltage that may be the issue.

I stumbled upon this while researching this for myself. I have a Crosshair VIII Dark Hero with the same ports and had my NZXT internal USB hub plugged in the e56 port. It would disconnect several times a day. I switched it to the 1213 port and no more problems. I would avoid the e56 port altogether and just use an internal hub.

Monyo
Level 7
my USB keeps on disconnecting and reconnecting, device manager just flashing not really telling me which specific USB, reconnected to different ports, used USB log view not showing anything. Tried all the BIOS and same thing, this is crazy. Did the GEN4 to GEN3 config and still the same, using VIII hero non Dark version