cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ordered so far...

Faststang
Level 7
i7 3960x, Rampage IV Extreme, OCZ RVD3X2 240GB, 3x 3GB GTX580, 1500w Silverstone from previous system.

Looking at ram I'm leaning toward 64GB of corsair. Been using them for awhile and haven't had any problems. Any better suggestions? Is 64GB worth the money or will 32GB do?

Going to use 2 24v Koolance pumps with two 360 rads cooled by 6 TFC Feser fans. Is it worth running MB/VR in parallel or series with the CPU. Normally I just cool the CPU and leave the NB/SB/VR to air cooling. Video will be run on it's own circuit.

Leaning toward Mountain Mikes U2-UFO Crystal Ship case. I'm a fan of Acrylic and haven't seen much else out there.

I really wanted something better than the GTX580s. I'm hoping I can keep them sealed long enough for the GTX680s to come out. I've seen alot of good things about ATI's new cards but I've been partial to nVidia since the GTX8800 days.
ASUS Rampage III Extreme
ASUS ENGTX480 TRI SLI
i7-980X
OCZ Z-Drive R2 P84 256GB
Corsair Dominator TR3X6G1866C9D
SILVERSTONE ST1500
Danger Den Torture Rack
Complete Koolance Liquid Cooled
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
If you're gaming 64GB is a waste of money. 16GB would be more than you'll need for gaming. I would go with highest quality, fastest speed, lowest timings before going with bigger DIMMs because more isn't necessarily better...but stick with one set. Populating all slots can make it harder to achieve the rated speed and timings.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Ok thanks I'll do that.

Your from Sac? I was raised in North Highlands near the Air Force base.
ASUS Rampage III Extreme
ASUS ENGTX480 TRI SLI
i7-980X
OCZ Z-Drive R2 P84 256GB
Corsair Dominator TR3X6G1866C9D
SILVERSTONE ST1500
Danger Den Torture Rack
Complete Koolance Liquid Cooled