cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

GD30CI fans Rev and displays nothing

coolkid_2244
Level 7
So I bought the GD30CI and waiting untill warrantee ran out to pop it open and do some needed cleaning, so I took out the cpu heatsink and cleaned it out and then took out the GPU to clean it too because it was pretty dusty, so I put everything back together just to find out that my lights and fans work but my computer doesn't display anything and from time to time the fans will Rev and then after awhile will go to nearly 100% speed. I've tried putting everything back together again and cleaning out pins and such to no luck... So then I tried taking out the ram to see if my bios would beep and it didn't and when I put it back in now my keyboard lights won't work but my motherboard and fan lights still do.
My specs are
Intel i7-7700
16gb ram
Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 3 GB

Thanks for your help.
7 REPLIES 7

coolkid_2244
Level 7
My computer fan no longer revs but sounds like idle speed and stills doesn't display anything keyboard lights won't light up and my computer will now shut off once I start it in 10-30 seconds.

toronto699
Level 13
Do You Have A Display Now ? I have The Same PC ? Did You Check The Aegis lll Settings ?

toronto699
Level 13
Are The GPU Fans Running ? I Have Same PC , Tell Me Every Thing You Disconnected , And Reconnected , Re Check The Connections ,Make Sure GPU Is Seated Properly , Did You Dis connect Power Supply Cables

toronto699 wrote:
Are The GPU Fans Running ? I Have Same PC , Tell Me Every Thing You Disconnected , And Reconnected , Re Check The Connections ,Make Sure GPU Is Seated Properly , Did You Dis connect Power Supply Cables

All I did was disconnect the cpu heatsink, and the GPU to take it out, I took out and reinstalled the GPU to make sure it was seated properly and even blew compressed air into where the GPU sits on to make sure dust wasn't the problem, I never touched the PSU or took out my cpu or disconnected anything else, I took precautions to make sure I didn't fry my computer with static by connecting it to a power bar that was shut off then to the wall so the case was grounded and touched all my tools and my hands to the case every 5 minutes about
The GPU fan is running
Maybe a cable came loose when I was moving my computer to my table but I doubt it, we've moved it in the car many times and it's been fine untill today

coolkid_2244
Level 7
Aha! Some life! I plugged in my computer and it makes the windows start up sound from my speakers and my keyboard and mouse light up but still no display, after the startup sound the fans start to Rev and eventually goto 100% before I get worried and shut it off myself. So basically back to square one. I will take it into best buy to have them take a look at it but I suspect a wire have come loose deep inside the computer or my video card is defective and I'll have to buy a new one.

toronto699
Level 13
Don't Worry About The Fan Speed , I ThinK You Are Right , Something Is Loose Or intermittent , Do You Know If There Is An Asus Service Centre Near Where You Live ? Do A Search On Internet ,

toronto699 wrote:
Don't Worry About The Fan Speed , I ThinK You Are Right , Something Is Loose Or intermittent , Do You Know If There Is An Asus Service Centre Near Where You Live ? Do A Search On Internet ,

I have geek squad for it so we're taking it to the nearby best buy so they can take a look