New ROGer Array

Exclamation [GA502DU] Performance issue

Hi every one,

I've recently bought a GA502D. The commercial denomination was GA532DU-AL005, I've bought it from a french reseller.
    I've registered my product on ASUS website and the driver page is the following : https://www.asus.com/supportonly/GA5...Desk_Download/, it seems right because when I run a dxdiag command the system tell me my product is a Zephyrus GU502DU_GA502DU.

(sorry the screenshot is in French)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	dxdiag_screenshot.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	91.3 KB 
ID:	81214

From this I've updated the BIOS to the latest version GU502DU.207 (it originally came with the 205 version) and all the lastest drivers but i still have two issue.
    - While gaming, from time to time I experienced some huge performances drop, gpu-z show me that the CPU reach 92°C and the computer seems flanged even after it cools down back to ~50°C I struggle to even open a webpage or anything, only a reboot allow me to have a stable system.
    I've tested games such as Apex Legend, CS:GO and BF5. I've also run a 3DMark benchmark (the demo version) and sometimes it scores right and sometimes it seems to get the laptop on its knees
    - I've installed Armoury Crate from Windows store but I'm not able to tune anything and the turbo mode button or the fan fan button (F5) have no effect.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	armourycrate_screenshot.JPG 
Views:	0 
Size:	185.6 KB 
ID:	81222

Let me precise that the product came without OS, some I've installed a W10 x64 Home Edition version (with a legal license of course ). I really starting to wonder if there is a starting point here. Based on this review, this laptop should not do that https://www.notebookcheck.net/Asus-R....421577.0.html

I've of course called Asus support but so far they've been ineffective and I've thought the community will be much helping in this situation

Any idea to help me solve this ?

Thanks

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array

gtx1660Ti Max-Q Design, did you finally fix that display issue you had?
    G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
    Homebuilt Windows Server

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by jdfrench3 View Post
    gtx1660Ti Max-Q Design, did you finally fix that display issue you had?
    Lol, I've seen this other guy issue but this not the same person here

I've also tried to contact him by PM but no answer so far

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array

I think you are running out of memory. 8GB is not enough. Run Task Manager when you get that slowdown again and see what application is hogging the memory.

Tom's Hardware states the following:

"I was surprised to see only a single SODIMM slot with an 8GB stick of RAM. The other 8GB is soldered down, so you can only hit a max of 24GB and without matching sticks."
    Last edited by jdfrench3; 08-01-2019 at 01:01 AM. Reason: Added info
    G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
    Homebuilt Windows Server

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by jdfrench3 View Post
    I think you are running out of memory. 8GB is not enough. Run Task Manager when you get that slowdown again and see what application is hogging the memory.

Tom's Hardware states the following:

"I was surprised to see only a single SODIMM slot with an 8GB stick of RAM. The other 8GB is soldered down, so you can only hit a max of 24GB and without matching sticks."
    I posted a thread a few weeks ago about this. My laptop is the 16GB version and it has poor performance. Im now returning it having tried every combination of drivers. All games tried just stutter every 10 secs. Its unplayable.

I made a video for the retailer to see the issue. this is battlefield 1 which was only running on medium, you;ll see its unplayable.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UMoa...ature=youtu.be

New ROGer Array

same issue with 16gb model from usa

please help me this frame rate drops and cpu going down to 400mhz clock speed. please help me. its really annoying. please help me asus or any one please...

ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array raju2529 PC Specs
    raju2529 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)R542UQ-DM153 ( X542UQ.309SA )
    MotherboardAsus Builtin Motherboard X542UQ
    ProcessorIntel core i5 7200u @2.5Ghz
    Memory (part number)Adata 2400 Mhz 16GB DDR4
    Graphics Card #1intel HD 620 graphics 1GB DDR3 DCH WHQL driver v27.20.100.9316
    Graphics Card #2Nvidia GeForce 940MX 2GB GDDR5 DCH WHQL driver v27.21.14.6589
    Graphics Card #3nil
    Graphics Card #4nil
    Sound CardRealtek HD Audio controller with codec ALC294 WHQL driver v6.0.9132.1
    MonitorBuiltin Lcd monitor model BOE
    Storage #1Samsung 850 Evo 1000GB SSD M.2. 2280
    Storage #2Seagate 2TB 2.5inch 5400rpm and Seagate 2TB 2.5inch 5400rpm2.5 inch
    CPU CoolerBuilt-in
    CaseFrom factory
    Power Supply65W
    Keyboard Built in keyboard
    Mouse Built in mouse
    Headset Purchased Philips HeadSet
    Mouse Pad nil
    Headset/Speakers Realtek Builtin Speakers
    OS Windows 10 Enterprise 64bit v21H1 build no 19043.899
    Network RouterNextVision ONU Fiber Modem
    Accessory #1 G40 Wired Gaming Mouse
    Accessory #2 Laptop Cooling table with fan
    Accessory #3 Secureye Usb finger print scanner added seperately for Windows Hello

[try to use DCH based nvidia geforce garphics driver latest is 442.59 from nvidia site . add the games executable files in nvidia control panel .
    disable all background application through battery settinngs in windows settings .
    play the games with high performance gpu processor

clean the temp files , delete all waste files by using cleanmgr.exe

use ccleaner software , disable or delete startup items , delete or disable task schedule items .

delete previour]e systemrestore points . uninstall the rarely used applicatiosns . make sure c drive must free atleast 50% of total space by c drive..

move all user downloaded files to E or F drive .

use below commands

Sfc.exe /Scannow

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /AnalyzeComponentStore

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

with using internet

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:\Sources\Install.wim:1
    Last edited by raju2529; 03-16-2020 at 12:47 PM.

New ROGer Array

This is often overlooked: After installing the latest BIOS firmware, install the ASUS Chipset from their website. That took care of my laptop performance problems and stabilized my RAM usage.