cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS ROG Dominus Extreme CPU code 00 (New Build) need help

elderan
Level 7
So working on my new build and getting a CPU Code 00. I thought it was the motherboard and send the old one back and the new one is giving the same error.

This is what I have tried.

Replaced the MB (exact same from Amazon, serials are close)
Another PSU (Even though I know the current one is working)
Removing GPUs
Removing Ram
Removing NVME
Clearing CMOS
BIOS 1 and 2

I have read where people were getting CPU code 00 on these boards and some people had to go through 2-3 of them to get one that works. My main issue is Amazon wont cross ship so I have to return, buy new and at 2k a pop this is getting pricey. So I need to know what to focus on here. I mean it COULD be the CPU but IME its rare the cpu is bad but I am sure thats it I will need to RMA it with Newegg.

At this point is it the MB or CPU you think? Its getting really costly to keep trying things.

Setup is
ASUS ROG Dominus Extreme
Inten W-3175X
6x Corsair Dominator Platinum 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4 3200MHz C16 Desktop Memory
2x EVGA 2080ti Hydro Copper
Corsair AX1600i
20 REPLIES 20

elderan
Level 7
So here is a weird update. I followed this guys post on Newegg about these boards and cpu code 00.

https://www.newegg.com/Product/Singl...iewID=10215325

He basically said if you put a hair dryer to it and warm the Q code area up it will start. So I did this and it went past the CPU code 00 and went through all the codes but at the end said "Post error" and I never saw anything display on my monitor.

So I am back to, is this a board issue or a cpu issue. Unfortunately I dont have an extra 3k w-3175 laying around to test and my newegg RMA time is running out so I need to resolve this quick.

elderan
Level 7
So I took everything out, set it up on its own with just MB, CPU, GPU (from another machine I know works), 1 stick of memory, another PSU (which I know works)

Same issue.

Code 00 unless I put some heat on it with a blow dryer then it goes through all the codes and says "POST Error" and nothing displays.

I am still no closer to knowing if its cpu or mb.

* Hello I just finished building a PC equipped with a ROG Dominus Extreme and a W3175X. No problems encountered apart with the contacts between the processeur and thé processeur support on the motherboard. The large number of pins in the LGA 3647 processor support requires a strong pressure in its support via the cooling block. The 4 screws should be tightened in the indicated order and thoroughly, especially the two middle screws in the center of the two long support sides, tightening them until the spring blades comes in contact with the cooling block. If the pressure applied to the processor is not sufficient, not all the pins in the processeur support make contact with the processor and the card does not start. You can check the consumption of the card and processor by connecting the USB socket of the Corsair 1600I power to another PC on which Corsairlink software is installed. You have to read a consumption of 250 watts or more if the processor runs.

Best Regards*

Machproo *

machproo wrote:
* Hello I just finished building a PC equipped with a ROG Dominus Extreme and a W3175X. No problems encountered apart with the contacts between the processeur and thé processeur support on the motherboard. The large number of pins in the LGA 3647 processor support requires a strong pressure in its support via the cooling block. The 4 screws should be tightened in the indicated order and thoroughly, especially the two middle screws in the center of the two long support sides, tightening them until the spring blades comes in contact with the cooling block. If the pressure applied to the processor is not sufficient, not all the pins in the processeur support make contact with the processor and the card does not start. You can check the consumption of the card and processor by connecting the USB socket of the Corsair 1600I power to another PC on which Corsairlink software is installed. You have to read a consumption of 250 watts or more if the processor runs.

Best Regards*

Machproo *

Thanks for the tip about connecting the PSU to another pc via USB to see if its reading power at all. My guess is if its reading power then the CPU is good and the MB is a problem. But if there is no power read the CPU most likely is bad?

I have re sockted the cpu multiple times, doing the screws in order and still no luck. I read it can be tricky to get socketed right but not read about people getting cpu code 00 with it.

Hello , Have you tried this procedure : Verify the position of all switches and jumpers on the motherboard. Specially RSVD-1 and RSVD-2 in the disable position. 1 - Disconnect all the cables from the motherboard and leave connected only the power connectors: the 24-pin EATXPOWER-1 and the two 8-pine EATX12V-A1 and EATX12V-B1 to the Corsair 1600i power supply. Connect the fans and the processor cooling. Connect a small speaker of about 100 ohms between pines 1 and 4 of the marked speaker connector next to the lithium battery. Plug in the power supply and press the START button to the right of the Q-code Led. Note if there are one or more beeps coming from the speaker. No beep: one missing power 3v , 5v or 12v or bad memory or bad processor. Using a voltmeter, check the voltages 3v, 5v, and 12v on the motherboard connectors. One short beep: Power-on test is ok One long and two shorts beeps: Bad memory. One long and three short bips : Problem with Graphic Card. With power off but power plug connected Switch to the second Bios by pressing the Bios switch button (24) the Bios LED must move to LED 2. Start the procedure with the second Bios. *

Hello, heve you tried to set LN2 jumper to enable ?

elderan
Level 7
Well I tried everything I could and decieded to try another brand to make sure the CPU atleast works. So got the C621 AORUS XTREME today. Booted up first try no issues.

So I know the cpu isnt doa now atleast. Main issue now is I really preffer the asus. The gigabyte will need another vrm waterblock and it doesnt even have m.2 ports so I will need a pcie m.2 card.

Little irritated atm.

Hello,*It seems that you are a victim of the cold-boot bug during post which is bypassed by the Plug LN2 in position enable. See page 1-15 of the manual

machproo wrote:
Hello,*It seems that you are a victim of the cold-boot bug during post which is bypassed by the Plug LN2 in position enable. See page 1-15 of the manual

[/HR]

I tried that and it did not work, same issue.