Page 78 of 91 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast
    ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by primeshooter View Post
    I edited my post can you go back a page and look at the screen shots. Also, what do you mean here, not following you>?
    I think others explained it, you are mixing up the M.2 fan header with the PCH, the PCH was never controllable. Some folks have put out custom bioses that allow you to control it (the code is in the BIOS, just hidden in the UI). I wouldn't suggest loading a custom bios though. If the fan is loud or you are getting too hot on the PCH you might need to replace it. I know some folks have put on smaller 60/40mm noctua fans there and it helped a ton.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistercr0c View Post
    Hi primeshooter - I understand you believe you were able to control the PCH fan in earlier BIOS's, and I'm not trying to diss you here, but I genuinely think you're mixing up two different headers on the motherboard.

The M.2 fan header is (and has always been) on the bottom of the motherboard on the right of the W_Pump+ and Cha_Fan2 headers. This is the header referenced both in QFan in BIOS and AI Suite in Windows 10 and it is addressable, i.e controlable by the user.

The PCH fan header is in the middle of the motherboard (underneath the uppermost PCI-E slot) and has the chipset fan connected to it (see picture). This fan is NOT addressable via QFan in BIOS nor AI Suite in Windows 10. You CANNOT control this fan in any way as far as I understand. There are NO BIOS options to control this fan, so how you believe you were controlling it is beyond me. I know you think it was referenced as the M.2 fan in earlier BIOS's and if that is correct, then what was the actual M.2 fan on the bottom of the motherboard called?
    I know, I know I sound crazy, but the previous bios I used let me slow this down. I know it because I could frickin hear it lol. I'm aware I don't have anything connected on the M.2 header, but just telling you how it worked. It was bios 2502 or something IIRC. That little daft PCH fan slowed right down when I modded that M.2 curve...

Quote Originally Posted by Sinistercr0c View Post
    @primeshooter - for completeness, I've had issues where the m.2 fan header receives no power and shows as N/A in BIOS (as if it thinks there's nothing attached to that header) after BIOS updates. The fix to this that I've found is to run the auto fan speed feature in BIOS which attempts to see what the lowest speed each attached fan can actually run at in PWM mode. Once it 'resets' the minimum fan speed you should be able to set the fan curve again in QFan.
    That's the irony, I don't have anything, nor ever did have anything attached to that M.2 header at the bottom of the board, but it was still letting me slow that fan down...in Q fan and fan xpert...

ROG Member Array

That's the irony, I don't have anything, nor ever did have anything attached to that M.2 header at the bottom of the board, but it was still letting me slow that fan down...in Q fan and fan xpert...
    Meaning, that this most likely was an unintended feature from Asus... Probably due to a bug in the BIOS source code it allowed to control PCH instead of M.2 or there was a matching condition (a workaround) if no M.2 header were connected you could control PCH.

The code and human mind can do many weird things...

Quote Originally Posted by KaitenCage View Post
    Meaning, that this most likely was an unintended feature from Asus... Probably due to a bug in the BIOS source code it allowed to control PCH instead of M.2 or there was a matching condition (a workaround) if no M.2 header were connected you could control PCH.

The code and human mind can do many weird things...
    Fair enough. Any reason why ASUS wouldn't let me slow that PCH fan down from 2500-3000RPM when my temps are below 30 degrees?

ROG Member Array

Fair enough. Any reason why ASUS wouldn't let me slow that PCH fan down from 2500-3000RPM when my temps are below 30 degrees?
    Well.. there could be at least a few good reasons for that:

1) the chipset under the PCH fan is not stable enough under higher temps and this is a poor-man safety measure so that it always must be cooled down regardless
    2) under test/lab conditions the hardware build version that ASUS uses - does not have this issue
    3) the heat sensors were faulty ar actually reports higher temps than they usually are in the BIOS internals (again, code issue)
    4) this is the "Achilles Heel" of this X570-E and probably a consequence of cost performance/savings and poor component choosing
    5) any other valid reason that ASUS does not want us to know.

Also, this X570-E looks like an artificial product just to fill the market with the "right product for the buck". The Hero/Formula version is a far way better and this X570-E looks like a stripped-down version of it.
    Last edited by KaitenCage; 04-08-2021 at 07:30 AM.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Erwin05 PC Specs
    Erwin05 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios v4021
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3,6 GHz
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1070-8G-GAMING
    MonitorIiyama ProLite GB2488HSU-B1
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15S chromax black
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME PX-650
    OS Windows 11 Home x64 - v21H2

New Beta Bios v3801 on the downloadsite.

ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING BIOS 3801
    "- Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.2
    - Fix USB connectivity issue
    Last edited by Erwin05; 04-08-2021 at 02:26 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Shenny PC Specs
    Shenny PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Memory (part number)2 x 16 GB Corsair DDR4 3200 MHz
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
    Sound CardCreative Sound BlasterX AE-7
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Intel SSD 330 240 GB
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500 GB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH U-12S
    CaseBe Quiet! Pure Base 500DX
    Power SupplyCorsair RM 850x
    Keyboard Logitech G15
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset HyperX Cloud Alpha Gold Limited
    OS Windows 10 x64 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin05 View Post
    New Beta Bios v3801 on the downloadsite.

ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING BIOS 3801
    "- Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.2
    - Fix USB connectivity issue
    Judging by the experience with previous v3603, it stays as a beta BIOS for a week and then ASUS removes the beta label after we test it to be stable enough.

New ROGer Array

Beta bios

I am not seeing the beta 3801 BIOS on their US website at the moment. Did they take it down possibly?

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Erwin05 PC Specs
    Erwin05 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios v4021
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3,6 GHz
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1070-8G-GAMING
    MonitorIiyama ProLite GB2488HSU-B1
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15S chromax black
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME PX-650
    OS Windows 11 Home x64 - v21H2

The Beta Bios is still on the downloadsite.

https://rog.asus.com/us/motherboards...pdesk_download

Page 78 of 91 FirstFirst ... 28 68 76 77 78 79 80 88 ... LastLast