Page 47 of 70 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

BIOS 3001 is bad comparing to the 2816, they did something to the L3 Cache bandwith (450gbit/s vs 700gbits/s), and Cinebench score are bad too, lost arround 500 points.

I did several test, always the same with 3001...
    Last edited by qwrty; 12-23-2020 at 05:17 PM.

New ROGer Array Crystalyne PC Specs
    Crystalyne PC Specs
    MotherboardROG STRIX X570-E
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3800X
    Memory (part number)BLT4K8G4D32AET4K
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon 6900XT (Reference, ASRock)
    Sound CardCreative Sound BlasterX AE-7
    MonitorBenQ EW3270U
    Storage #1Sabrent Rocket 4.0 NVMe 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H115i PRO
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Evolv X
    Power SupplySeasonic Connect (750w)
    Keyboard ROG Claymore
    Mouse ROG Spatha
    Headset Beyerdynamic DT880 (600Ω)
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin05 View Post
    He can also try to plug the sound card in a different PCIE slot X1 or x16. And does he have the 6 pin connected to the sound card and what PSU is he using?
    q-code 96=PCI Bus Assign Resources

When you search on the internet "Asus q code 96" many say its a faulty MB. Plug the sound card in a different PCIE slot and see if this fix the problem. Before unplugging the sound card 1st uninstall the drivers for the sound card.

Also people on the internet say its a faulty display port cable.
    https://forums.tomshardware.com/thre...de-96.3308551/
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=11TNEStDzQg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eXpHf_HzhE
    I've also got an AE-7 with the same Q Code issue.

Flashing to a previous BIOS version fixes the issue, which would point to ASUS not testing the update properly, not faulty hardware.

New ROGer Array mitcon PC Specs
    mitcon PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS Strix X570-E Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3700X
    Memory (part number)Corsair 32GB DDR RGB Pro 3600mhz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS Strix 2070 Super
    Sound CardDesktop audio interface
    MonitorDuel 32" ultrawide LG
    Storage #1M2e
    Storage #2SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair RGB pro
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 700D
    Power SupplyASUS THOR 850W
    Keyboard Corsair K70 low profile mech
    Mouse Corsair Dark Core SE qi
    Headset Sennheiser RS/HDR 180
    Mouse Pad ASUS Balteus Qi-RGB
    Headset/Speakers Edifier S2000 Pro with duel subwoofers
    OS Windows 10 Professional

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Steelo View Post
    Yes there is. Just do it these adjustment, details in the below.

Go bios and set these in manual and no more reboot.
    *Cpu Soc Voltage 1.1v
    *Vddg iod 950v
    *Vddg ccd 900v
    May I ask a simple/silly question, how do we set the SoC on the X570-E. Under AI Tweaker I take it but I don't see a manual way of entering the value I want. It only allows off-sets +or - . Or are people doing it in the advanced overclocking area? Been a very long time since I played with O/Cing and never used ROG gear before or is the correct procedure using the off-sets somehow, which I'm unsure of?

I've got 32GB of Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600mHz CL18 that's Micron E bin memory I'd like to learn how to tweak as DRam Calc suggest a cas of 16 should be fine, just been running it on XMP. I have had a play already but whatever I tried wouldn't post, but I do know that I messed up some of the settings and just never got around to looking at it till Xmas now with time off.

I might try Bios 3001 again and see if I can relearn how to do memory timings, not as young as I used to be lol, retied since the 90's...Brain-farts are common these days

New ROGer Array Steelo PC Specs
    Steelo PC Specs
    Motherboardx570-E
    Processor3700x
    Memory (part number)F4-3600C16D-16GTZN
    Graphics Card #16800 XT FE
    Monitor27HG70
    Storage #1XPG SX6000 Pro 512 GB M2 SSD
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100x
    Caseİn Win 303 Mid Tower
    Power SupplyHydra G 750w Gold Full Modular
    Mouse G502 Proteus Spectrum
    Headset Steelseries Siberia 650
    OS Windows 10

Quote Originally Posted by mitcon View Post
    May I ask a simple/silly question, how do we set the SoC on the X570-E. Under AI Tweaker I take it but I don't see a manual way of entering the value I want. It only allows off-sets +or - . Or are people doing it in the advanced overclocking area? Been a very long time since I played with O/Cing and never used ROG gear before or is the correct procedure using the off-sets somehow, which I'm unsure of?

I've got 32GB of Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3600mHz CL18 that's Micron E bin memory I'd like to learn how to tweak as DRam Calc suggest a cas of 16 should be fine, just been running it on XMP. I have had a play already but whatever I tried wouldn't post, but I do know that I messed up some of the settings and just never got around to looking at it till Xmas now with time off.

I might try Bios 3001 again and see if I can relearn how to do memory timings, not as young as I used to be lol, retied since the 90's...Brain-farts are common these days
    At defult its "AUTO" press + button and it will go "OFFSET" if you press + one more time it wil set to "MANUEL" and then set override to 1.100 and do it same for others.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20201227_134121.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	186.5 KB 
ID:	87341

For Dram OC you should go Dram Timing Control its under the AÄ° Tweaker and set it to these numbers.

Name:	IMG_20201227_134318.jpg 
Size:	166.5 KB 
ID:	87342

And finally you have to set the DRAM voltage. This is my setup but you should 1.39v for dram if doesnt work give it 1.40
    Btw if doesnt work your bios may not open so if this happend on you, you have to release cmos battery to reset your bios.

Name:	IMG_20201227_134215.jpg 
Size:	183.9 KB 
ID:	87343

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by qwrty View Post
    BIOS 3001 is bad comparing to the 2816, they did something to the L3 Cache bandwith (450gbit/s vs 700gbits/s), and Cinebench score are bad too, lost arround 500 points.

I did several test, always the same with 3001...

This is my trial version results with Aida64 and 3001 bios -

Name:	3001 bios.JPG 
Size:	62.5 KB 
ID:	87345

My results seem different, 5900x no overclock and 3600 ram speed

mitcon PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3700X
    Storage #1M2e
    Storage #2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Steelo View Post
    At defult its "AUTO" press + button and it will go "OFFSET" if you press + one more time it wil set to "MANUEL" and then set override to 1.100 and do it same for others.

For Dram OC you should go Dram Timing Control its under the AÄ° Tweaker and set it to these numbers.

And finally you have to set the DRAM voltage. This is my setup but you should 1.39v for dram if doesnt work give it 1.40
    Btw if doesnt work your bios may not open so if this happend on you, you have to release cmos battery to reset your bios.
    Thank you so much for explaining how to get it to let me manually enter SoC value. That will make it much easier now, thank you again so much. lol was doing my head in, I should have asked much earlier.

Are you suggesting I try those actual timings for my corsair RGB ram or just for illustration purposes. Yeah I know about clearing CMOS and found shorting the jumper on this board never cleared it, always had to remove battery. Wish so much they just had a button like my last MB, made life so much easier/quicker. Made me panic the first time it wouldn't just clear thinking it was bricked, but all was ok after removing battery for a few minutes.

edit: I'm obviously doing something wrong, no matter what I do it doesn't allow me to enter SoC value still. It's on auto, if I click it it allows me manual or offset mode. No matter which I select, nothing enters when I type. tried clicking twice on offset +, still no go. When I run XMP (well DOCP) the SoC changes to 1.1v and dram is 1.35v etc. it lets me adjust the volatge there etc...just not in the SoC when I'm trying to enter a value there.

I'm thinking I might go back to an earlier BIOS and try again then maybe. Any, don't want to mess up this BIOS thread and take it off track. Thank you again for your time and showing me how though, I think I'm borked in the head lol.
    Last edited by mitcon; 12-27-2020 at 08:02 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array Shenny PC Specs
    Shenny PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Memory (part number)2 x 16 GB Corsair DDR4 3200 MHz
    Graphics Card #1EVGA RTX 3080 FTW3 Ultra
    Sound CardCreative Sound BlasterX AE-7
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Storage #1Intel SSD 330 240 GB
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 860 EVO 500 GB
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH U-12S
    CaseBe Quiet! Pure Base 500DX
    Power SupplyCorsair RM 850x
    Keyboard Logitech G15
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset HyperX Cloud Alpha Gold Limited
    OS Windows 10 x64 Pro

@mitcon: Offtopic, I really wonder whether it will make any real world difference for you if your memory is running with CL18 or CL16. If it is about gaming, the human eye is not that sensitive to notice the difference between running a game with 100 FPS or with 101 FPS. If I want to see a more substantial boost, I would upgrade my GPU, and then perhaps the CPU as a second best option.

I am just making a note as I can see that it takes quite an effort to achieve the desired timings at the expense of finding the proper settings in the BIOS and possibly losing time to clear CMOS if something goes wrong or to reflash the BIOS.

Don't get me wrong - it is perfectly OK to seek the maximum results from your rig! I would just not be that eager to extract the last fractions of a percentage point in performance if I know that this would take more me than a couple of hours to achieve it with the risk to also brick my mobo.

mitcon PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3700X
    Storage #1M2e
    Storage #2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Shenny View Post
    @mitcon: Offtopic, I really wonder whether it will make any real world difference for you if your memory is running with CL18 or CL16. If it is about gaming, the human eye is not that sensitive to notice the difference between running a game with 100 FPS or with 101 FPS. If I want to see a more substantial boost, I would upgrade my GPU, and then perhaps the CPU as a second best option.

I am just making a note as I can see that it takes quite an effort to achieve the desired timings at the expense of finding the proper settings in the BIOS and possibly losing time to clear CMOS if something goes wrong or to reflash the BIOS.

Don't get me wrong - it is perfectly OK to seek the maximum results from your rig! I would just not be that eager to extract the last fractions of a percentage point in performance if I know that this would take more me than a couple of hours to achieve it with the risk to also brick my mobo.
    Hi there,
    yes I'm aware of the differences between benching and real world use/impact but I am thankful that you mentioned it. I have memory problems myself and forget so many things that used to be everyday for me, so it's not just the computers that have memory errors lol. I'm not worried about trying to squeeze every bit of performance out, I just wanted to run my RAM @ it's rated speed and have my computer stable. With the XMP (DCOP) selected my memory runs fine and gives no errors but with this BIOS version (and some other versions) my computer will randomly shutdown/restart if I have XMP (DCOP) enabled.

My RAM isn't running even close to warm (temps sitting about 35c and don't seem to break 40c ever) and I just wanted to try to relearn how to do this, just it's not easy for me at this stage in my life and I've never really used ASUS MB's prior so am unfamiliar with their bios terms/set/up as well. Though I would have forgot most likely even if I had used them lol. But yeah I'm not worried about bench marks or gaming really for that matter. Just wanted to have computer running decently and trying to keep my mind busy and working, or at least trying hehehe.

Thank you all for the help though, I just get frustrated a bit with it due to my own lack of remembering and understanding of things I used to know inside-out.

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Erwin05 PC Specs
    Erwin05 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios v3405
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3,6 GHz
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1070-8G-GAMING
    MonitorIiyama ProLite GB2488HSU-B1
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i v2
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME PX-650
    OS Windows 10 Home x64 - v20H2

New Beta Bios v3201 on the downloadsite:

ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING BIOS 3201
    "Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.9.0.

ROG Member Array McBacker PC Specs
    McBacker PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 5900X
    Memory (part number)4 x 16 GB G. Skill 3200Mhz
    Graphics Card #1ASUS TUF RTX 3080
    MonitorSamsung Q80 55'' 4K
    Storage #1Samsung 960 EVO 500GB
    Storage #2Samsung 860 EVO 1TB
    CPU CoolerCorsair H150I PRO RGB
    CaseLian Li PC-O11 Dynamic
    Power SupplyCorsair TX-750M
    Keyboard Corsair K70 MK.2 RGB
    Mouse Logitech G703
    Headset HyperX Cloud Flight Wireless
    OS Windows 10 Pro
    Network RouterLinksys WRT32X

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin05 View Post
    New Beta Bios v3201 on the downloadsite:

ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING BIOS 3201
    "Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.1.9.0.
    Where did you find this? It isn't even listed on the support page yet...

Page 47 of 70 FirstFirst ... 37 45 46 47 48 49 57 ... LastLast