Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast
Results 501 to 510 of 874
  1. #501
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Reputation
    17
    Posts
    82

    Quote Originally Posted by Dan69 View Post
    Agreed. Spent $600 on this board and this is the level of quality we get with these bios updates.
    I'm running a 12 core Ryzen 3900X with 128GB of Ram and still I get this random not booting stuff. (albiet it's about 1 in ten times) I still find it totally unacceptable considering the amount of money in my system with my umpteen drives etc I have. seen many change the RAM and it's still there - suggest's not the RAM. Even seen a few threads linking it to a display port issue which then should be fixable in a bios update.

    Currently I am starying at Bios version 2802 combov2110 patchB. (10/21/2020)

    This should work like a Switch or Xbox. You boot it, it boots.

  2. #502
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    14

    Quote Originally Posted by primeshooter View Post
    I'm running a 12 core Ryzen 3900X with 128GB of Ram and still I get this random not booting stuff. (albiet it's about 1 in ten times) I still find it totally unacceptable considering the amount of money in my system with my umpteen drives etc I have. seen many change the RAM and it's still there - suggest's not the RAM. Even seen a few threads linking it to a display port issue which then should be fixable in a bios update.

    Currently I am starying at Bios version 2802 combov2110 patchB. (10/21/2020)

    This should work like a Switch or Xbox. You boot it, it boots.
    The amount of money you spend on tech does NOT protect you from being an early adopter. It is well documented that if you buy stuff on release, it will be unstable, it might miss some features whatever.

    Want stability? Give it 3-6 months, then buy. Benefits: stable prices, stable performance, all functions and features enabled and other early adopters found all the bugs for you.
    Want to help out test stuff? Buy on release day, slap it together and enjoy tinkering.

    Your rig sounds like a workstation, then why the heck would you grab early adopter parts?

  3. #503
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    14

    Ryzen 5000 is similar to ryzen 4000 IF is the same only minor changes where made.

    I dont know if its more a agesa problem or bios problem.

    As i said before i start the pc wait until he reboots 3 times within seconds.
    Wait in the bios few seconds and start windows without any changes and it boots without issues.
    Tpu1 doesent work if i press tpu he is asking for loading optimized settings he reboots 3 times again xD
    *
    We need to wait until we get a REAL stable Bios update.

  4. #504
    ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array RedSector73 PC Specs
    RedSector73 PC Specs
    Laptop (Model)FA506IU-AL130T x 2
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VIII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 9 3900X 12-Core Processor
    Memory (part number)4 x G.SKILL F4-3800C14D-16GTZN 14-16-16-36 Samsung B-Die
    Graphics Card #1Gigabyte Aorus RTX 2080 Ti Xtreme WaterForce (GV-N208TAORUSX W-11GC)
    Sound CardArctis DAC
    MonitorAsus ROG Swift PG348Q
    Storage #1ADATA SX8200PNP 1TB
    Storage #22 x Samsung SSD 840 EVO 250GB
    CPU CoolerCoolermaster Liquid Pro Master 360
    CaseEVGA DG-87 Gunmetal Grey Gaming Case
    Power SupplyEVGA SuperNOVA G2 750W Gold Power
    Keyboard Corsair K95 RGB Platinum
    Mouse Corsair Gaming Sabre RGB Gaming Mouse
    Headset ARCTIS Pro Wireless
    Mouse Pad Cooler Master MP750 RGB Cloth Gaming Mouse Pad Extra Large
    OS Windows 10 64bit Pro
    Network RouterRT-AC87U

    Join Date
    Apr 2018
    Reputation
    42
    Posts
    1,030

    Quote Originally Posted by Anilman92 View Post
    Ryzen 5000 is similar to ryzen 4000 IF is the same only minor changes where made.
    If you mean a completely new cache architecture (on same node) with an identical RAM controller make them similar, then sure, it is like saying all porcha type cars are the same or no difference between the models.
    Last edited by RedSector73; 01-04-2021 at 05:43 AM.

  5. #505
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Reputation
    17
    Posts
    82

    Quote Originally Posted by cryonicangel View Post
    The amount of money you spend on tech does NOT protect you from being an early adopter. It is well documented that if you buy stuff on release, it will be unstable, it might miss some features whatever.

    Want stability? Give it 3-6 months, then buy. Benefits: stable prices, stable performance, all functions and features enabled and other early adopters found all the bugs for you.
    Want to help out test stuff? Buy on release day, slap it together and enjoy tinkering.

    Your rig sounds like a workstation, then why the heck would you grab early adopter parts?

    But the Mobo has been out since last July and the Ryzen CPU too...PS I use my rig for gaming and a workstation - more content creation I am a photographer. It's been fine apart from this random 1 in 10 times start issue or whatever, and it's only just come about it seems. As I said, I'm not a new adopter as this stuff hasn't just come out?

  6. #506
    ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Erwin05 PC Specs
    Erwin05 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios v4002
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3,6 GHz
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1070-8G-GAMING
    MonitorIiyama ProLite GB2488HSU-B1
    CPU CoolerNoctua NH-D15S chromax black
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME PX-650
    OS Windows 10 Home x64 - v21H1

    Join Date
    May 2015
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    182

    This motherboard is from July 2019.

  7. #507
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    14

    Quote Originally Posted by primeshooter View Post
    But the Mobo has been out since last July and the Ryzen CPU too...PS I use my rig for gaming and a workstation - more content creation I am a photographer. It's been fine apart from this random 1 in 10 times start issue or whatever, and it's only just come about it seems. As I said, I'm not a new adopter as this stuff hasn't just come out?
    The Motherboard is older, the CPUs are not - the current BIOS updates are aimed at the Ryzen 5000 Series and they are new. You also get some new features with older CPUs like "SAM" with a new AMD GPU if you have one. And this stuff is new, so expect stability issues.
    Want a stable BIOS for an older CPU? Do not update it.
    Want a stable BIOS for the new CPU? Help ASUS test it, this is what we are here for

  8. #508
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Reputation
    17
    Posts
    82

    Quote Originally Posted by cryonicangel View Post
    The Motherboard is older, the CPUs are not - the current BIOS updates are aimed at the Ryzen 5000 Series and they are new. You also get some new features with older CPUs like "SAM" with a new AMD GPU if you have one. And this stuff is new, so expect stability issues.
    Want a stable BIOS for an older CPU? Do not update it.
    Want a stable BIOS for the new CPU? Help ASUS test it, this is what we are here for
    Okay, but I was kind of hoping in time that this will improve or go away entirely with a bios update for my Ryzen 3900X. So far people are complaining about stability issues with the new updates for this board so I've stayed with the last stable varient around oct 2020. What do you think?

  9. #509
    ROG Member Array
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Reputation
    10
    Posts
    14

    Quote Originally Posted by primeshooter View Post
    Okay, but I was kind of hoping in time that this will improve or go away entirely with a bios update for my Ryzen 3900X. So far people are complaining about stability issues with the new updates for this board so I've stayed with the last stable varient around oct 2020. What do you think?
    This is a good solution.
    There is only one thing that you could theoretically benefit from in new BIOS updates - that would be SAM, smart access memory - and it currently works only with the 6000 series GPUs from AMD which are hard to find anyway.
    Everything else that is included in the updates is targeted at the new 5000 series Ryzen CPUs, you do not benefit from it, so why update something that is stable?

    In general my recommendation for anyone is - find a stable BIOS for your PC and stick with it. Even if you update - remember which BIOS was stable for you before, so you can roll back if needed.

    We are lucky enough that this board has the flashback function, so even with a corrupted BIOS we can recover. So keep the stable BIOS file on the same USB stick as your windows install media, this is what i do - a bootable USB always has the stable BIOS file saved - it has a stable Windows version + stable BIOS in case i need to recover/reinstall.

    I have the 5800X CPU so i need to update the BIOS. You can stick around with the older ones, before the AGESA code updates for the new Ryzen CPUs.

  10. #510
    ROG Guru: White Belt Array
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Reputation
    17
    Posts
    82

    Quote Originally Posted by cryonicangel View Post
    This is a good solution.
    There is only one thing that you could theoretically benefit from in new BIOS updates - that would be SAM, smart access memory - and it currently works only with the 6000 series GPUs from AMD which are hard to find anyway.
    Everything else that is included in the updates is targeted at the new 5000 series Ryzen CPUs, you do not benefit from it, so why update something that is stable?

    In general my recommendation for anyone is - find a stable BIOS for your PC and stick with it. Even if you update - remember which BIOS was stable for you before, so you can roll back if needed.

    We are lucky enough that this board has the flashback function, so even with a corrupted BIOS we can recover. So keep the stable BIOS file on the same USB stick as your windows install media, this is what i do - a bootable USB always has the stable BIOS file saved - it has a stable Windows version + stable BIOS in case i need to recover/reinstall.

    I have the 5800X CPU so i need to update the BIOS. You can stick around with the older ones, before the AGESA code updates for the new Ryzen CPUs.
    Thanks, do you recon it will be fixed for my 3900x on this x570 e board so I can run it without this ever happening? I still have the RAM at 3600 and dealing with the occasional boot failure but might put it at 3000.
    Last edited by primeshooter; 01-04-2021 at 04:13 PM.

Page 51 of 88 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •