Page 32 of 94 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast
    ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by ForkWNY View Post
    Off-the-wall somewhat unrelated question...

Just recently upgraded my GPU to a PCI 4.0 model. I have it plugged into the first PCI express slot, but it's still showing as PCI Express in the graphics card settings (within Windows 10) for bus speed, instead of PC Express 4.0. I set the slot to "Gen 4.0" within the BIOS, but it still shows up as PCI Express 3.0x16. Is this expected behavior or is there some other config change required within the BIOS? Thanks.
    What GPU do you have ?
    As far as I know all current gen graphics cards are PCIe 3.0

ROG Enthusiast Array ForkWNY PC Specs
    ForkWNY PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS ROG Strix-E X570
    ProcessorRyzen 7 3700X
    Memory (part number)48GB Crucial Ballistix DDR4-3200
    Graphics Card #1XFX Thicc III Ultra Radeon RX 5700XT
    Monitor27" Radeon FreeSync Monitor 1080p
    Storage #12 x WDBlack NVME 500GB
    Storage #22TB Seagate Barracuda HDD
    CPU CoolerAMD Wraith Prism
    CaseRosewill RISE Glow Full ATX
    Power Supply750W Corsair
    OS Windows 10 Pro x64
    Network RouterASUS ROG GT-AC5300

It's a XFX RX 5700XT Thicc III Ultra, fully PCI Express 4.0 compliant.

I found the culprit - the riser cable I was using was not PCI Express 4.0 compatible, only supported 3.0 and earlier. Got rid of riser cable and plugged the new GPU directly into the X570E PCI express socket #1. Powered back up, card running at PCI Express 4.0x16. Previously the screenshot (below) was showing PCI express 3.0x16 (with the riser cable plugged into the GPU). All good now with the added bonus of the GPU running cooler since it has more direct airflow from the front chassis fans.

Fortunately I no longer needed the riser cable - I used to have an old RAID disk array that was taking up a good chunk of space within my tower, so I had the GPU plugged into a different area of the tower using a PCI riser cable. I got rid of the disk array a few months back and have plenty of space in there now. The card is a beast though, over 12" long and probably weighs 3 lbs.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	pci4.jpg 
Views:	4 
Size:	89.6 KB 
ID:	86109
    Last edited by ForkWNY; 08-29-2020 at 09:22 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Dan69 View Post
    Apologies, I meant 2204. ERP shows up for me.
    ASUS removed 2204 from their BIOS list.

Could this be related to PSUs?
    I'm running a Corsair RM850
    I'm using a Seasonic Focus Plus Platinum 750 PSU. Really hoping someone can confirm if ErP Ready is in any of the available later versions before I update.

ROG Member Array

Apologies, I meant 2204. ERP shows up for me.
    ASUS removed 2204 from their BIOS list.

Could this be related to PSUs?
    I'm running a Corsair RM850
    I have a Corsair RMx 750W Gold, should be a pretty similar situation to you.

Like the other guy, I'm stuck using 1405 for ERP Ready. Everything beyond that up to 2408 is missing ERP Ready for me. Too bad that 2204 has been removed. I haven't checked 2606, because I don't want to go through the trouble of upgrading and downgrading again if ERP Ready isn't available on it.

ROG Enthusiast Array

Quote Originally Posted by Gigaflux View Post
    I have a Corsair RMx 750W Gold, should be a pretty similar situation to you.

Like the other guy, I'm stuck using 1405 for ERP Ready. Everything beyond that up to 2408 is missing ERP Ready for me. Too bad that 2204 has been removed. I haven't checked 2606, because I don't want to go through the trouble of upgrading and downgrading again if ERP Ready isn't available on it.
    Here's a trick:
    https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/m...-ASUS-2204.zip

ROG Member Array

Well that's kind of neat. Why was 2204 removed in the first place though? I assume some stability issues?

Can anyone comment on ERP Ready (Under APM) being available or not in 2606?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by Gigaflux View Post
    Well that's kind of neat. Why was 2204 removed in the first place though? I assume some stability issues?

Can anyone comment on ERP Ready (Under APM) being available or not in 2606?
    what do you want ERP ready to do for you?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by chief gunney View Post
    what do you want ERP ready to do for you?
    Do you know the answer to my question about ERP Ready being available on 2606?

ERP Ready is the only thing that allows my ROG Strix GPU power indicator LEDs, motherboard lights, and USB devices to fully turn off after shutdown. Please note that the lights that remain on are not RGB. I have RGB properly configured with Aura Sync and Aura bios settings. I have S5 power set to disabled in BIOS. Also toyed with various windows settings, most notably disabling fast boot. Been through various forum posts and talked to Asus support. I'm convinced that the only thing that works for what I want is to use ERP Ready, which is why I downgraded to BIOS version 1405.

So please, if anyone can confirm if ERP Ready is present in 2606 or not...

ROG Member Array

Gigaflux, I went through all the settings in Bios 2606 and could not see any setting for ERP ready.

ROG Member Array

Hello !

I have a question about this mobo.

With the 2606 Bios, does there are settings in Bios for PCH fan now ? (the changelog is laconic : "Improve Fan control function")

Thanks

Page 32 of 94 FirstFirst ... 22 30 31 32 33 34 42 82 ... LastLast