Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Did the BIOS update include an option to switch to PCIE 3.0?

New ROGer Array

How are everyone's boost performance after the bios update? I've got the X570-E and 3700X setup running newest 1005 bios coming from 7010 and during heavy load benchmarks such as Cinebench my boost now stays around 3.95GHz whereas on 7010 it would boost beyond 4GHz. Gaming wise (tested in Witcher 3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider) boost performance will hover between 4.225 and 4.3GHz though. Still not hitting that magical 4.4GHz.

No changes in regards to idle voltage either with Corsair iCue running (still have to shut that down to get idle voltage to drop).
    Last edited by basketballfreak6; 08-16-2019 at 12:28 AM.

New ROGer Array

yea still gooing full boost 24/7 with icue on (though it sometimes slips in to 1.3v) i do not understand how linus's crew and other youtubers get the 3900x to idle at 0.3v, even on bare ass windows no drivers i sit at 1.09v and with drivers it only creeps up.

also have your pch fans decide to shut up yet? checked temp/speed on 0710 36 degree's fan always on at around 2000rpm, now on 1005 it's 31 degree's and the fan's spinning at 2400rpm... what is this things target temperature ><

and boost wise seems about the same, mostly see it operating in 4.2-4.3 when gaming, according to msi afterburner core's now and then hit 4.55ish but it's for such a short moment that i don't see it happening. haven't fiddled to much with achieving the actual claimed boost clock been more annoyed that my 2019 cpu is getting triggered in to boosting by a rgb controller application >.<

also imo the boosting behaviour seems kinda dumb, if a game's loading up 4 threads heavely and the rest is kinda dooing nothing why are all my core's hovering around 4.2ghz...doesn't seem efficient or smart : /
    Last edited by anub1s21; 08-16-2019 at 11:10 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by anub1s21 View Post
    yea still gooing full boost 24/7 with icue on (though it sometimes slips in to 1.3v) i do not understand how linus's crew and other youtubers get the 3900x to idle at 0.3v, even on bare ass windows no drivers i sit at 1.09v and with drivers it only creeps up.

also have your pch fans decide to shut up yet? checked temp/speed on 0710 36 degree's fan always on at around 2000rpm, now on 1005 it's 31 degree's and the fan's spinning at 2400rpm... what is this things target temperature ><

and boost wise seems about the same, mostly see it operating in 4.2-4.3 when gaming, according to msi afterburner core's now and then hit 4.55ish but it's for such a short moment that i don't see it happening. haven't fiddled to much with achieving the actual claimed boost clock been more annoyed that my 2019 cpu is getting triggered in to boosting by a rgb controller application >.<

also imo the boosting behaviour seems kinda dumb, if a game's loading up 4 threads heavely and the rest is kinda dooing nothing why are all my core's hovering around 4.2ghz...doesn't seem efficient or smart : /
    Hmm now that you've mentioned it I just checked HWiNFO64 and assuming I am looking at the right place it says my chipset temp is sitting at around 63 degrees C at the moment and right beneath it where it says ASUS EC (greyed out))/PCH Fan/CPU Current/CPU Power all have a small red cross next to it and they're not showing any info?! My PC otherwise is very quiet I have 5x LL 120 fans installed as case fans and Dark Rock Slim CPU cooler and I'd only hear the PC if the room is dead silent.

Another interesting thing I've noticed is that I get WHEA errors but of ID 20 variety whereas from what I've read so far the serious one is ID 17. When I first updated the new chipset driver I stopped getting the WHEA error (maybe because the whatever instruction was deactivated by the driver upset) and since I've updated to the newest bios/AGESA I am starting to get the ID 20 WHEA error again which is interesting.

New ROGer Array

PCH fan

I just noticed that my PCH fan is on even when the pc is shut off. Does anyone else have that?
    I am not sure if it has always been like that or if the newest bios did it...

It is not super loud, but now that I am aware, i can hear it.
    The pc is properly shut off, not in sleep mode or anything.

New ROGer Array

hmm i'll have to check, i sleep with my head 1 meter away from the case and with it off i hear...something, could be the pch fan actually. i've just taken to unplugging my pc.

New ROGer Array

hmm i'll have to check, i sleep with my head 1 meter away from the case and with it off i hear...something, could be the pch fan actually. i've just taken to unplugging my pc.
    Ok, then it is probably just working as intended i guess.
    I have also started to unplug it as I am in the same situation as you, bed right next to it.

Maybe this is something Asus could adress in a bios update?
    I have spoken to them about it but did not really get a good answer. Just told me to unplug stuff to see if that helped, and if not RMA the board.
    But that is kinda pointless this is how it works... That's why I wanted some second hand experiences.

But as far as topic goes, I have gotten better boost clocks and lower voltages.
    I have not had time to check in games, but CB 15 I get around 4130mhz MC and 4280mhz SC.

Edit: 4342 SC in game.
    With a 3700x.
    Last edited by Muerto; 08-21-2019 at 06:24 PM.

New ROGer Array

yea still gooing full boost 24/7 with icue on (though it sometimes slips in to 1.3v) i do not understand how linus's crew and other youtubers get the 3900x to idle at 0.3v, even on bare ass windows no drivers i sit at 1.09v and with drivers it only creeps up. /
    As is mine. I made several posts on different sites stating I was always at boost clocks even at idle. It appears higher voltages equate to boosted clock speeds, so this is a very common issue.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Muerto View Post
    I just noticed that my PCH fan is on even when the pc is shut off. Does anyone else have that?
    I am not sure if it has always been like that or if the newest bios did it...

It is not super loud, but now that I am aware, i can hear it.
    The pc is properly shut off, not in sleep mode or anything.
    did some more checking and for mine the pch fan is not spinning when the system is shut down, the sources of noise for me is something with the RGB (i can hear it turn on and off, kind of the same deal with my monitor, on standby the light blinks on and off which i hear by a buzz when it's off, same thing appears to apply to the motherboard.

but that sound is dwarfed by my psu (corsair RM750 black label) it's got some windows feature allowing it to be off but not really (still receive mails and stuff) which i think is resulting in quite a bit of noise even when it's turned off (and the feature is not being used...afaik).

i also had a NZXT internal usb hub that took power from the psu and mobo but could run off only the mobo and thus put out a high pitch noise even when the system is off (by taking power via usb), but i replaced that with a aquacomputer hubby 7 that you can set to take power from the psu so it's off when the system is off. but then it turned out the PSU's noise was waiting to take over from the nzxt hub T.T

Quote Originally Posted by djxpress View Post
    As is mine. I made several posts on different sites stating I was always at boost clocks even at idle. It appears higher voltages equate to boosted clock speeds, so this is a very common issue.
    i wish it did, when i check ryzen master most of the time 9 core's are napping 2 core's are around 300-500mhz and 1 core is around 1200-2500mhz meanwile voltage is going full 1.45 now it might be microboosting (boosting for extremely short periods of time) but ryzen master is not telling me about it or letting me know such a thing is happening so either it needs to knock that off or amd needs to let ryzen master tell you wants going on instead of triggering the wait is that normal response that most people are having.
    Last edited by anub1s21; 08-22-2019 at 03:33 PM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by basketballfreak6 View Post
    How are everyone's boost performance after the bios update? I've got the X570-E and 3700X setup running newest 1005 bios coming from 7010 and during heavy load benchmarks such as Cinebench my boost now stays around 3.95GHz whereas on 7010 it would boost beyond 4GHz. Gaming wise (tested in Witcher 3 and Rise of the Tomb Raider) boost performance will hover between 4.225 and 4.3GHz though. Still not hitting that magical 4.4GHz.

No changes in regards to idle voltage either with Corsair iCue running (still have to shut that down to get idle voltage to drop).
    Same here. I think motherboard doesn't report correct power draw.
    on 7010, 3700X 4375 Mhz @ 1.425V CB20 test, package power is about 80W... too low.
    on 1005, 3700X all stock settings, reach 88W PPT Limit on 3.9Ghz in CB20... too high.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast