Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast
    New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingman View Post
    With such great success with corsair ram, you are doubling down for more?
    Well the thing is the 2133mhz ram is what I was using in my previous computer, except it ran perfectly fine at 3000mhz on a gigabyte mobo. I bought a second set of corsair ram because the first had no issues and I liked the RGB. Are you saying that the memory is the cause of the crashes or are you just bagging on corsair?

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by X570 Fella View Post
    Well the thing is the 2133mhz ram is what I was using in my previous computer, except it ran perfectly fine at 3000mhz on a gigabyte mobo. I bought a second set of corsair ram because the first had no issues and I liked the RGB. Are you saying that the memory is the cause of the crashes or are you just bagging on corsair?
    Both. Corsair ram has a terrible track record on AMD. I avoid it like the plague. Secondly, it's more name than anything now especially since they have a habit of swapping components w/o changing the model or using revisions so you never know exactly what you get. And on topic, your ram is not working well at all. Your cpu's imc/fabric is telling you so with the whea errors.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by thesmokingman View Post
    Both. Corsair ram has a terrible track record on AMD. I avoid it like the plague. Secondly, it's more name than anything now especially since they have a habit of swapping components w/o changing the model or using revisions so you never know exactly what you get. And on topic, your ram is not working well at all. Your cpu's imc/fabric is telling you so with the whea errors.
    I think you are right. I'd try G skill. Their RGB stuff is much nicer than corsair's too. ;-)

New ROGer Array simeongg PC Specs
    simeongg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3700X
    Memory (part number)PVS416G400C9K Patriot 2x 8GB DDR4 @3733
    Graphics Card #1Palit Products - GeForce RTX™ 2070 GameRock Premium
    MonitorAcer KG241 Pbmidpx - 24", FHD, 144Hz, 1ms, FreeSync, black
    Storage #12x 500GB Samsung 970 @ Raid
    Storage #22x 4TB Seagate @ Raid
    CPU CoolerArctic Liquid Freezer II - 280
    CaseASUS TUF Gaming GT501
    Power SupplyCooler Master Silent Pro 1000W
    OS Windows 10 x64 Pro

There is good news about resize bar and Ryzen 3000, but will wait for next AGESA 1.2.0.1+

ROG Member Array

Quote Originally Posted by X570 Fella View Post
    My system won't last more than an hour without crashing if I enable any speed higher than stock on the ram I have tried. I have one pair of memory that is supposed to be 3000mhz, I get a WHEA processor crash error after about 20 minutes, sooner if I load a game.

If I run at 2133mhz (stock) I can play most games for hours without issue, but certain games still give WHEA crashes. For example, playing Baldur's Gate 3 on Vulkan give's me a WHEA crash in character creation but not in DX11.

I've tried adjusting ram voltage but it didn't do anything to prevent crashes. I tried adjusting the cpu voltage (I think.) There was a value for SOC Voltage which was default to .975 and I raised it to 1. I've tried a few different tweaks like that and honestly don't know the exact cause of the issue.

I've got the latest X570-E bios 3405, and i've done AMD's chipset driver updater.
    Perhaps you should take a look at your RAM latencies in bios? When i set up my pc i had put incorrect latencies, and then when i looked on the support page for this memory i'd put latencies exactly as it was written and my system is very stable at 3200mhz.

ROG Member Array

anybody else notice that stealth mode is no longer working, even after changing in the bios it doesn't actually change and no longer works although sometimes it will change to aura only but never to stealth mode meaning all LED's are off

New ROGer Array

Armory Crate

Quote Originally Posted by dave798 View Post
    anybody else notice that stealth mode is no longer working, even after changing in the bios it doesn't actually change and no longer works although sometimes it will change to aura only but never to stealth mode meaning all LED's are off
    Had the same issue earlier. Aura Settings in Armory Crate oversteer bios (wierdly enough). Check there. Solved it for me.
    Bios over 3k are not usable for me. Bricked my pc twice now and had to revert both times. Ram Subtiming OC not possible anymore since 1k bios. 3600 cl16 only doable with SOC on 1.1v (upper limit, probably not good for hardware...) etc...
    Seems the most valuable feature on Asus board at this time is hardware bios flashback. Built all my pc's since 15 years on asus boards exclusivly. Next pc will not be asus powered anymore I supose...

ROG Guru: Yellow Belt Array Erwin05 PC Specs
    Erwin05 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus ROG Strix X570-E Gaming Bios v3801
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3,6 GHz
    Memory (part number)G.SKILL F4-3200C14D-16GFX
    Graphics Card #1ASUS ROG STRIX-GTX1070-8G-GAMING
    MonitorIiyama ProLite GB2488HSU-B1
    CPU CoolerCorsair H100i v2
    Power SupplySeasonic PRIME PX-650
    OS Windows 10 Home x64 - v20H2

New bios on the download site.

ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING BIOS 3602
    "- Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.1
    - Support Smart Access Memory for Ryzen 3000 Series Processors
    - Fix the L3 cache performance in AIDA64
    - Improved system performance
    - Improved system compatibility
    - Improved memory performance

Quote Originally Posted by Erwin05 View Post
    New bios on the download site.

ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING BIOS 3602
    "- Update AMD AM4 AGESA V2 PI 1.2.0.1
    - Support Smart Access Memory for Ryzen 3000 Series Processors
    - Fix the L3 cache performance in AIDA64
    - Improved system performance
    - Improved system compatibility
    - Improved memory performance
    Better score in cinebench with the new BIOS

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by Lubna View Post
    Better score in cinebench with the new BIOS
    I did a 4min run with R23 on the 3405 Bios with the following settings PPT 120W, TDC 80A, EDC 130A, vcore offset of 0.07500V and DOCP enabled and I got 14137 MC score.

Same test in the same conditions as above with 3602 Bios and got 14134 MC score, so its within margin of error for me with my settings, it seems no performance increase.

Ill see how it goes with general day to day usage as all previous FWs I have installed I never had an issue.

Page 70 of 79 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 ... LastLast