cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zephyrus s GX531 air vent RGB problem

neweshy
Level 7
I recently bought rog Zephyrus s GX531GWR ..... and I recently noticed that the right air vent RGB not working correctly as there is no Green light .. the led can light with blue or red and any mix of them but it doesn't accept green ... I am not sure if it was working before or not because I have just noticed it. After purchasing I updated everything and I updated the bios to version 303 and recently updated the windows to version 1903 . Is it a hardware problem or a software problem ? and what I should do ? .... here are some photos to make everything clear :

What I did :
1-I uninstalled and installed Armoury crate multiple times (v2.3.5)
2-installed and uninstalled Aura core and Aura lighting service v 1.07.71 & 1.07.66

More system specifications :
processor : core i7 9750H
Graphics Crad: RTX 2070 max-q
bios: GX531GWR.303, 5/24/2019

Thanks in advance
2 REPLIES 2

xDhii
Level 7
neweshy wrote:
I recently bought rog Zephyrus s GX531GWR ..... and I recently noticed that the right air vent RGB not working correctly as there is no Green light .. the led can light with blue or red and any mix of them but it doesn't accept green ... I am not sure if it was working before or not because I have just noticed it. After purchasing I updated everything and I updated the bios to version 303 and recently updated the windows to version 1903 . Is it a hardware problem or a software problem ? and what I should do ? .... here are some photos to make everything clear :

What I did :
1-I uninstalled and installed Armoury crate multiple times (v2.3.5)
2-installed and uninstalled Aura core and Aura lighting service v 1.07.71 & 1.07.66

More system specifications :
processor : core i7 9750H
Graphics Crad: RTX 2070 max-q
bios: GX531GWR.303, 5/24/2019

Thanks in advance

Any news? Facing the same problem since last bios update.
AirVent RGB stopped, keyboard stopped, numpad stopped.
The firmware is broken in this update.
I "fixed" the keyboard using another model's firmware, but still some problems.
I need the original firmware file for GX531 keyboard.

xDhii wrote:
Any news? Facing the same problem since last bios update.
AirVent RGB stopped, keyboard stopped, numpad stopped.
The firmware is broken in this update.
I "fixed" the keyboard using another model's firmware, but still some problems.
I need the original firmware file for GX531 keyboard.

Actually no I coexisted with it unfortunately , but I think my problem is different than users your problem seems to be a driver software problem or something but mine I think the problem in the LED it self as all colors work fine but only the problem in the green color, & recently I discovered when I make All the lEDs red " keyboard & Air vents " i noticed that the keyboard in the first area start blinking but it noticeable only in the dark room but if I make the air vents with any other color there is no blinking , I don't know what is the relation !!