cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

9900K + XI Hero

danielchow
Level 7
Hi everyone, I need some thoughts regarding my overclock. After hours of testing, I've only managed to get to a stable 4.9Ghz with these settings. I have a 3200mhz tridentZ. Temps in realbench averages at 85C with 95C peaks. In games, 70C max. My ambient temps are about 25C with the AC turned on.

1.325 in bios (1.243v measured during stress test) / xmp1 / avx 0 / mce off / speedstep and cstates off / all power limitations maxed / cache ratio 43 / 1.35v dram / 1.2v sa and vcio

I've been trying for 5ghz and dialed up voltage to 1.35 and can't get it stable. Any higher, I'd reach 100C during Realbench. Any suggestions or did I completely lost at the silicon lottery?
3 REPLIES 3

mdzcpa
Level 12
danielchow wrote:
Hi everyone, I need some thoughts regarding my overclock. After hours of testing, I've only managed to get to a stable 4.9Ghz with these settings. I have a 3200mhz tridentZ. Temps in realbench averages at 85C with 95C peaks. In games, 70C max. My ambient temps are about 25C with the AC turned on.

1.325 in bios (1.243v measured during stress test) / xmp1 / avx 0 / mce off / speedstep and cstates off / all power limitations maxed / cache ratio 43 / 1.35v dram / 1.2v sa and vcio

I've been trying for 5ghz and dialed up voltage to 1.35 and can't get it stable. Any higher, I'd reach 100C during Realbench. Any suggestions or did I completely lost at the silicon lottery?

What CPU cooling do you have. Your temps may be a limiting factor.

danielchow
Level 7
I have a Kraken X72

danielchow wrote:
I have a Kraken X72

That AIO should do the job.

I suggest you use the AVX Offset. It sounds like your gaming temps are ok. AVX tasks are causing your temp spikes.