Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    ROG Guru: Orange Belt Array

1. While you have the laptop apart to replace that battery you should remove the motherboard and replace the thermal paste for both your CPU and GPU.

2. Considering the battery problems you may want to look into replacing the DC-IN board. You will notice replacements of this this sub-board are getting very difficult to find. Many G751 users have had similar battery problems and have had their DC-IN boards replaced along with their batteries and charging brick.

3. This would be a good time to replace your primary hard drive with a new SSD and install a fresh updated Windows 10 version 1903 (May 2019 Update). This will be an excellent time to utilize that Driver DVD you downloaded from that German website.

4. With everything apart, it might be a good time to checkout that problematic keyboard, a replacement requires dozens of screws.

5. Finally once you get that laptop back together, you should update your BIOS to the latest version that was released, June 2019.

6. Maybe a great time you just design and engineer a much better laptop yourself, or even purchase a new, better designed laptop (ASUS Mothership GZ700).

7. For you, I would recommend an Apple iPad.
    Last edited by jdfrench3; 08-13-2019 at 11:18 AM. Reason: Added info
    G752VSK, G75VW-3D, G51J, G1S
    Homebuilt Windows Server

Do you not read this warning when you are running HWINFO64?
    Miniatura de Adjuntos Miniatura de Adjuntos HWINFO Warning.png  

Homebuilt Windows Server

ROG Member Array

I feel like your post, especially this bit here;
    7. For you, I would recommend an Apple iPad.
    is intended as an insult.

I specifically mention that it shouldn't require taking apart the entire machine to replace a single battery and you reply telling me to do advanced engineer level stuff. As if you're trying to insult me for not being as skilled with taking apart machines as you are.

1. I don't have heat issues. Nor am I going to take apart the machine just to test if my battery is the problem.
    2. You sure do assume a lot, pretending that I did everything you said.

3. I already have two internal SSDs. System boot time is 3 seconds.

4. I do need a new keyboard, but its not worth replacing because Asus decided it needs to have the entire machine disassembled for a simple god damn part.

5, will a bios update require Windows to be updated? If so, can't do.

6, If the people who designed these laptops cared about making a laptop that can last, there'd be no problems. But they keep removing things people use and making them more difficult to repair.

7, again, clearly an insult, a deliberate insult.

-----

Do you not read this warning when you are running HWINFO64?
    Hmm, I do remember seeing that, but this was before I found my fan sensors and enabled them. This occurred long before that, and I believe I clicked do not show this warning again after I tested long term stability. I'm not sure if I remember clicking do not monitor or continue.

As I said, the problems only started, after I found my fan sensor names and edited them into the INI to get them to be monitored.

It doesn't cause high system load, or latency. It causes the upkey to be randomly clicked, and this continues for several days, every few minutes or hours, the upkey gets randomly pressed. Then when rainmeter freezes up, the big problems begin like the start menu freezes or crashes, the system starts to glitch about, dragging a window does that Windows XP effect of the window leaving an image behind every millisecond. Are you sure this "sensor warning" is still related to that? I can't find a setting that restores that warning so I can see which one that sensor is. I presume thats the same sensor as my fans? "ASUS NB EC: ASUS G751JT"

Why would monitoring a fan speed cause instability issues? Makes no sense to me. From my understanding all it should do is tell the system how fast the motor is spinning.

------

Something I forgot to mention, I attempted to uninstall the battery driver so that it would reset, it reinstalled its self in seconds, however it didn't fix the fact that the battery is locked at 97% with no charging. So I definitely know there is something wrong with the battery.
    Last edited by VasVadum; 08-13-2019 at 03:34 PM. Reason: Added another detail

If you don't know the answer to your question.....

"5, will a bios update require Windows to be updated? If so, can't do."

I have nothing more to add.

Good Luck
    Last edited by jdfrench3; 08-13-2019 at 05:30 PM.
    Homebuilt Windows Server

ROG Member Array

What we need is a remove reputation button, because you came here to insult me for not being an engineer or an electrician rather than staying professional. Just because you've taken apart computers many times, does not mean everyone else is on that same level either. Nor does it mean they are comfortable risking a screwup that could damage their entire machine and leave them with nothing.

As it so happens, I've been running hwinfo all night without rainmeter, seems it still has issues so its probably the sensor monitoring causing the upkey to be randomly hit. I can't figure out why that would happen from simply monitoring a sensor but whatever.

I've also noticed that some of the cores have hit 205F and experienced thermal throttling, so you are probably right that I need new thermal paste. I'm not sure when they hit that, I've been trying to push them again to see if they get up there again but can't seem to manage it.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	unknown.png 
Views:	0 
Size:	326.1 KB 
ID:	81372
    Last edited by VasVadum; 08-14-2019 at 02:13 PM. Reason: A corection.

ROG Member Array

Ok, so my shutdown issues are because of the battery. For certain. The charge controller is dead and causing the random shutdowns.

As jdfrench3 said after being rude to me, the sensor I was monitoring is responsible for the odd behavior. Which if jdfrench3 had said without first insulting me by telling me to get an apple device, I would have been more likely to accept that and go disable that monitoring thing in hwinfo sooner.

I will now see if things improve now that I disabled monitoring the embedded chip.

I will also be getting a new battery at some point, not now because you still have to take apart the whole god damn machine to replace it. (THANKS ASUS... </sarcasm>)

New ROGer Array

G751s are well known for battery failure

ROG Member Array

Well Mikie21, it is a 4-5 year old laptop. :P I'd have been surprised if the battery wasn't failing. It just sucks that its the charge controller and not just lower and lower capacity.

ROG Member Array

So to post an update. My USB port seems to have died today, I no longer think the battery is bad, I believe that the motherboard is damaged in some way. More and more keys on my keyboard are beginning to fail, now a USB port, and the battery at the same time? I don't think this is some sort of coincidence. I believe all of the problems have to be connected, and whats the one thing that connects all of these problems together? The motherboard.

I've head how Asus has gotten bad now since the splitup and people are telling me not to get another Asus machine. With all the problems I'm having with this one, I'm worried about that myself, on top of the fact that Asus keeps deleting keys from the keyboard even though there's no reason to.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2