cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura 1.07.71 and earlier versions - Aura service is currently unavailable

evlqueen1186
Level 7
Hi y'all. I'm getting kinda annoyed about this software. I have followed the guides to completely remove it with revouninstaller, I've used the aura cleanup software, I've rebooted like 4000 times, I've manually run the aura service installer about a dozen times, but still when I try to launch the app it says that the auraservice is currently unavailable. I've also unplugged the computer overnight as someone mentioned, but honestly I think that is bull**** because it's a software issue.

Software shouldn't be this messy or this difficult to uninstall completely. Please do something about it!

I have a Crosshair VI Hero.

Is there anybody here who knows what the frig they're doing that can get this working for me? I want to be able to control the lighting. I spent a lot more money to have RGB and I just want it to work as advertised.

Also, put the captcha at the bottom of the screen on this. Holy crap.
59 REPLIES 59

Phrancky
Level 8
Same problem here. I really like Asus hardware but software suc.ks

My setup:

ROG Maximus Formula XI i9 9900
ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti OC
PG27UQ
PG279Q
RAPTURE GT-AC5300
Windows 10 pro

sorry to say but ASUS software is really bad..
EZ Update give AIo.sys loading error. Can't uninstall ezupdate.
AURA does not work same error Service unavailable
AURA RGB lighting control for Graphic cards does work.
Why does AURA install Galaxy RGB and Raport RGB ?

Why asus , why is the sofware so buggy?

Mariner_Mark_II
Level 7
I have to clean install windows and let Amoury crate automatically install itself, Aura sync is bundled with that.

I have a problem with all versions of Aura Sync with bios version 2406 and 2501 on Crosshair VII Hero Wifi. Lower bios verios are okay.

I've been through every single guide and now ver 71 does this. I give up.

I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService after uninstalling the lighting service component and found a 3kb file called LastProfile.xml. I deleted it. I then went to the registry to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ and deleted the LightingService subdirectory.

Same at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ (deleted the lightingservice folder)

I reinstalled just the lightingservice component and then rebooted, and sh...it just started working. Try it out. I don't know if it's related, but I also updated my AMD radeon driver to 19.7.5 by downloading from the amd website and choosing "Clean Install".

have an issue with bios 1105 and 1201, both have left the bios not following the instruction for aura lighting to be on or off during the states specified as programed, IE, when the computer is off the aura, is staying on and now I have to unplug my computer every time to stop the AURA , and the Aura on the video card is not detected anymore and pulses Red.

MaLLoc wrote:
have an issue with bios 1105 and 1201, both have left the bios not following the instruction for aura lighting to be on or off during the states specified as programed, IE, when the computer is off the aura, is staying on and now I have to unplug my computer every time to stop the AURA , and the Aura on the video card is not detected anymore and pulses Red.

These is normal. the reason is that most of us, even me until i start helping on the fixn data recoleccion, see aura as a APP. a program. IS NOT. Aura is hardware. a chip on out boards.

When you remove the electricity of the board, the chip reset. then on boot the aura chip revice the info as XMP file that reprogram on last know configuration. by befault (bios instruction) the board is rainbow and the gpu is red breathing.

These is where the fix was done. some instruction get left behind. and that is why many of us have aura that does not load or have issues.

When i have my target of 50 computers, i will send the data back since for now is manual fix that WORKS! (97%of the times) the rest has done con clean install cause there is more than xmp files. bios, windows make a good chuck of the issues. I send that all ready and we are going to test something that add a simple way with out making any mombo jombo registry cleanning. i hope soon these is sort out.

I take these iniciative since we asus are sending and the help on some drivers, that is a huge effort, and most no one can resolve my notes. WELL a fix is was made.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

evlqueen1186 wrote:
I went to C:\Program Files (x86)\LightingService after uninstalling the lighting service component and found a 3kb file called LastProfile.xml. I deleted it. I then went to the registry to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Services\ and deleted the LightingService subdirectory.

Same at HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\ (deleted the lightingservice folder)

I reinstalled just the lightingservice component and then rebooted, and sh...it just started working. Try it out. I don't know if it's related, but I also updated my AMD radeon driver to 19.7.5 by downloading from the amd website and choosing "Clean Install".

It helped me, thank you very much!

evlqueen1186 wrote:

Holy sh**t dude, thanks so much. I was trying for hours to get aura to load and then see my gpu, ram, pad, headset. All that was showing was my mobo, right when all hope was lost I found this thread. I must have uninstalled and reinstalled aura 30 times, did every clean uninstall install I could find..

I deleted the last profile file( didn't have lightingservice in registry) and everything popped right up. Working great since.

I made an account and waited 24hours to post to say thanks!!! I am nvidia 2080 but ran into problems when I decided to upgrade my her wifi bios and get the lastest aura for no reason 😃

Thanks Again!!