cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new 2102 bios doesn't seem as stable as 2003.

bulkchart32
Level 7
i recently updated my asus z370 maximus x code to the 2102 bios and oc'd everything and it just didn't seem to be as stable. i tried to keep the settings all the same between the 2 bios but i may have missed something. i flashed it back to 2003 and used my saved oc settings and it is back to being really stable again. has anyone else had this expierence?
6 REPLIES 6

f00j00
Level 7
My god!

thank god im not alone!

im screwed with this as well!

the issue im worried about is with 2102 ME firmware was updated...

not sure if it will conflict with 2003

I also have the X code

Can you kindly past here all your OC configurations?

Thanks a lot!

f00j00 wrote:
My god!

thank god im not alone!

im screwed with this as well!

the issue im worried about is with 2102 ME firmware was updated...

not sure if it will conflict with 2003

I also have the X code

Can you kindly past here all your OC configurations?

Thanks a lot!

i just saw this reply. what info do u need?

bulkchart32
Level 7
test

Guitarmageddon1
Level 9
Why dont you just try the latest bios? Neither of those are the latest. There is one from october. As far as the ME is concerned, I just think it may throw an error if the new versions of ME FW are on a different security version number. i.e. 11.8.71.xxxx cant downgrade to 11.8.70.xxxx as far as I understand it. If it does cause an issue, I'm sure the people over at winraid can lend a hand. Extremely knowledgeable with bios/firmware and there is a repository of ME FW there. Plus, there is an even later version of ME FW that was just put out a few weeks back which asus doesnt even have in a bios yet. Youll have to flash that yourself if you want it.

edit:
as far as actual ME FW versions go, there was a 11.8.65.3606 from july 2019. Then there was 11.8.70.3626 released in september, and then the latest 11.8.71.3630 released just a few weeks ago. However, you can still be on 11.8.70 and still be not vulnerable to the various vulnerabilities out. Confirm by running InSpectre again, as well as this tool from intel.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/28632/Intel-Converged-Security-and-Management-Engine-Intel...
Download the windows version and run the GUI folder exe. It will produce an output

bulkchart32
Level 7
firmware can't be rolled back.

bulkchart32 wrote:
firmware can't be rolled back.

Yes it can, depending. What is the version you are currently on?