cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asus ROG STRIX X470-I: White LED POST Failure on every other boot

nico35
Level 7
Hi all,

I've got a peculiar issue on my config. I just replaced an AMD 2600 CPU with a shiny new 3800X.
Everything went fine (except for fairly long boot times for some reason), but I'm now consistently having issues on boot.

Every time I boot or reboot, I get stuck during POST on the VGA test (White LED is on), and the motherboard stays that way until I force a hard shutdown. After I do this and then restart, it goes fine.

Any idea what could cause this?

Here's my config:

Motherboard model: ROG Strix X470-I

BIOS Version: 2501

CPU:3800X

Memory kit part number (s) and amount in GB: Corsair 163301 Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz

GPU: ASUS GTX 1060 6GB

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: Samsung 970 M2 2x512GB (RAID 0)

PSU: Corsair RM750x 80 PLUS Gold, 750 W

USB Devices (model/version number):

Dell Keyboard and Mouse
Microsoft WebCam

CPU Cooler: Stock Wraith Cooler

PC CASE: NZXT ca H200 W H200I

Operating system: Windows 10 1903 64 bit, Microsoft Activated: YES
2 REPLIES 2

stathis_christo
Level 7
nico35 wrote:
Hi all,

I've got a peculiar issue on my config. I just replaced an AMD 2600 CPU with a shiny new 3800X.
Everything went fine (except for fairly long boot times for some reason), but I'm now consistently having issues on boot.

Every time I boot or reboot, I get stuck during POST on the VGA test (White LED is on), and the motherboard stays that way until I force a hard shutdown. After I do this and then restart, it goes fine.

Any idea what could cause this?

Here's my config:

Motherboard model: ROG Strix X470-I

BIOS Version: 2501

CPU:3800X

Memory kit part number (s) and amount in GB: Corsair 163301 Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4 3200 MHz

GPU: ASUS GTX 1060 6GB

SSD/HDDs/Optical drives: Samsung 970 M2 2x512GB (RAID 0)

PSU: Corsair RM750x 80 PLUS Gold, 750 W

USB Devices (model/version number):

Dell Keyboard and Mouse
Microsoft WebCam

CPU Cooler: Stock Wraith Cooler

PC CASE: NZXT ca H200 W H200I

Operating system: Windows 10 1903 64 bit, Microsoft Activated: YES

Hi, plug in a usb device ( anything ) on your 3.1 usb ports and try to boot.
If no post not even to bios then you just maybe tried to enable DOCP.
2501 is buggy on DOCP and does that.
Clear CMOS , update bios to 2606 and enable DOCP but put the FLCK value to Manual and set it half of your advertised speed of ram.
for example i have 3200mhz rams so i set it to 1600mhz !

good luck !

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
interesting. same issues on a x470 with new bios. (up to there) a usb like mouse or keyboard?

the sympom is that sometimes, not always takes to much time to pass the logo. or stays there. Most of these issues are related on external usb hd, or any peripheral. that is most of those odd cases. also that can apply on hd on sata that has issues. that also includes but not limited on coolers with usb.2.0 connections. etc. but still strange. that as same of the last post. was fix with clear the cmos . maybe a chip set update can be performance on future bios?
Learn, Play Enjoy!