cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FORMULA / No USB Ports Working, only usb 3.1 (red port)

boyapodi
Level 7
Formula | No USB Ports Working
Specs:

Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VIII Formula

RAM: CORSAIR DDR4 3200mhz

CPU: i7-6700k

PSU: 650W Corsair

GPU: RTX 2060 Founders Edition

Storage: RAID O ( 2X SSD 240GB )

NONE OF MY USB PORTS ARE WORKING ONLY USB 3.1 (RED PORT) .

My computer was running perfectly fine and everything until I decided to take full advantage of the pc by doing a slight automatic overclocking through the asus software itself. Everything worked fine all until I decided to restart my computer. After doing so I noticed my keyboard wasn't lighting up or working and neither was my mouse. I spent hours lookin for up solutions to this issue and proceeded to click the "RESTART CMOS" button which did nothing for me.

I have tried several bios (version 3801 and 3703, both the most recent as well as the previous, yet the problem continued.

I have also installed windows 10 several times, without my hardware connected, just mouse or keyboard.

I've tried every single USB port on the back along with the front, usb's are getting power but no data connection.

My PC won't turn off unless I hold down the power button on my case. Shutting down through windows won't work and neither will just pressing the button once. All it does is turn off my keyboard/mouse and monitors but the GPU/CPU Cooler and fans are all still running.

Sorry for the long post but I'm really desperate and depressed right now since I literally just built this PC.

anyone got a solution??????????hellllpppp
2 REPLIES 2

ondersma80
Level 7
Press the CMOS clear button while the system is off. See if that allows default settings to return and work normally. If that doesn't work, turn the system off and press the CMOS clear button for 5 seconds then remove the CMOS battery for 5 minutes. While the battery is out, press the chassis power button. The goal here is draining all residual power from capacitors. Reinstall the CMOS battery. The system should be reset to default settings and hopefully, if the failed overclock didn't destroy things, work normally.

ondersma80 wrote:
Press the CMOS clear button while the system is off. See if that allows default settings to return and work normally. If that doesn't work, turn the system off and press the CMOS clear button for 5 seconds then remove the CMOS battery for 5 minutes. While the battery is out, press the chassis power button. The goal here is draining all residual power from capacitors. Reinstall the CMOS battery. The system should be reset to default settings and hopefully, if the failed overclock didn't destroy things, work normally.

I've tried to do it all, not quite the same, but already removed the battery, already cleaned CMOS, already switched bios to the previous version and then to the most current again ...

but I will try to do exactly as you indicated, and I already say the result