cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New build issue... Asus Maximus Hero XI...

5-Card-Major
Level 7
New build...

Phanteks Evolv X case
Asus Maximus Hero XI (cause of issue not sure...)
Intel i9-9900K
EVGA 2080ti FTW3
Seasonic Prime Titanium PS 850
Corsair Vengeance LPX (2x8gb), 3200 mhz

On first attempt to start up, fans turning, lights on the vid card, but nothing on screen, and error code '00' on motherboard. Per Asus tech, sent in the MB to them (they just received it today).

I had set up a custom EK water loop for the cpu only, 7 Noctua fans, large radiator. I might remove it and go w/ the new Noctua NH-U12A. With the loop in the case along with the reservoir/pump, things are quite tight.

Will update... Any thoughts are welcome. Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10

Zka17
Level 16
Just had a very similar issue with a Maximus XI Gene! In my book, Q-code 00 is "not assigned"...

I have tried re-seating the CPU, different RAMs, still no joy... both the seller an Asus said to return it.

Hope that Asus can fix it... although I have developed a thrust issue with mine... for now I went with an another board.*

Apparently, I have a similar problem. Everything seems to startup but the boot sequence does not start. Q code is 00 and the 4 sequence lights do not blink or come on to report a problem. I will be calling support later today when they wake up on the west coast and see what they have to say. Most likely will send the board back to Amazon for a new one.

Ok, I talked to an ASUS rep and he said the current verions of the BIOS was incompatable with CPU (Intel i9-9900K) so we updated the BIOS to the latest version. This did not solve the problem. The motherboard would not boot, the Q code was 00 and the lights below the Q Code did not light or blink. ASUS decided the board needed to be replaced and tole me to contact Amazon since the exchange time period was still valid.

I conacted Amason and the contacted ASUS with the case number that ASUS had give me. Amazon said the ASUS wanted to repair the board, not replace it. I told Amazon that I did not care what ASUS did with the board after Amazon exchanged it for me. They finally agreed to replace the board and is should arrive tomorrow.

What a run around. Two hours of chat and phone conversations to establish who would replace it, the seller or the manufacture. Why does the client have to go though all this crap?

I'm the OP.

Got the reply email from Asus. Somehow or other I guess I managed to bend a CPU socket pin. The charge was $80.25. I hope I didn't damage the i9-9900K CPU as well!!

Hoping to have the MB back within 10 days. Oh, and I received the new Noctua NH-U12A heatsink/fan for the CPU. I pulled out the custom EK water cooling loop I had... took up too much space in the case.

dgperry wrote:
Apparently, I have a similar problem. Everything seems to startup but the boot sequence does not start. Q code is 00 and the 4 sequence lights do not blink or come on to report a problem. I will be calling support later today when they wake up on the west coast and see what they have to say. Most likely will send the board back to Amazon for a new one.

Ok, I talked to an ASUS rep and he said the current verions of the BIOS was incompatable with CPU (Intel i9-9900K) so we updated the BIOS to the latest version. This did not solve the problem. The motherboard would not boot, the Q code was 00 and the lights below the Q Code did not light or blink. ASUS decided the board needed to be replaced and tole me to contact Amazon since the exchange time period was still valid.

I conacted Amason and the contacted ASUS with the case number that ASUS had give me. Amazon said the ASUS wanted to repair the board, not replace it. I told Amazon that I did not care what ASUS did with the board after Amazon exchanged it for me. They finally agreed to replace the board and is should arrive tomorrow.

What a run around. Two hours of chat and phone conversations to establish who would replace it, the seller or the manufacture. Why does the client have to go though all this crap?

I give up. I have never had these problems before. the new Mobo give me the same reaults. unconnected everything but water cooler, monitor using on board graphics, and only ome membory stick, treid in all slots. Same result. Q Code is 00, no blinking lights under the Q Code lights, no display, light all work on the Mobo.

Any suggestions?

dgperry wrote:
I give up. I have never had these problems before. the new Mobo give me the same reaults. unconnected everything but water cooler, monitor using on board graphics, and only ome membory stick, treid in all slots. Same result. Q Code is 00, no blinking lights under the Q Code lights, no display, light all work on the Mobo.

Any suggestions?

Remove CPU and inspect socket for any bent pins.
Clear CMOS
Double check PSU connections **

dgperry wrote:

Any suggestions?

Did you read my post? My problem was bent CPU socket pins...

5-Card-Major wrote:
Did you read my post? My problem was bent CPU socket pins...

Yeah, that's what I would say too... but let's hope that your fixed board will work just fine! *

Zka17 wrote:
Yeah, that's what I would say too... but let's hope that your fixed board will work just fine! *

The Asus Hero XI MB due back today from repair of bent CPU socket pins (oops...).

Assuming MB boots and repair is fine, my big concern now is where to connect my 7 Noctua 120mm case fans (3 front intake, 3 top exhaust, 1 rear exhaust) AND my just-received Noctua 'NH-U12A' CPU heatsink/2 fans combo. The instructions for connecting all of this is confusing... There is a fan hub built into the Phanteks Evolv X case and quite a few fan headers on the motherboard. Some folks say there are issues w/ the fan hub not working properly.

ASAP, can anyone help me out here with details of clearly where to connect the 7 case fans AND the 2 fans mounted on the CPU heatsink....

Installed replacement MB... New rig is very fast.

I removed the custom EK CPU water loop. It made everything in the Phanteks Evolv X case too snug and difficult to work on. I have the new Noctua NH-U12A CPU heatsink w/ dual fans.