cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus IX Hero slow download speeds

bobalay
Level 7
I recently upgraded my docsis 3.0 cable modem to a Netgear CM1150V Docsis 3.1 modem, which is connected to my Netgear gigbit switch, which all my pcs are connected to. Everything is wired CAT6 and I'm currently hitting speeds of 930mbps/40+mbps on my other pcs but on my main rig I'm not able to hit over 100mbps down on any speed test but it's hitting 40+mbps on the upload. I have the latest bios, drivers, windows updates you name it. I was able to hit over 300mbps w/ the old 3.0docsis modem but nothing over 100mbps w/ the new one. Any clue why I can't hit over 100mbps down but can hit 40+ on the upload and yet if I run a speed test on my cheap Dell laptop I can hit 930mbps down / 40+ upload. TIA

Specs:
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-7700K CPU @ 4.20GHz
32768MB RAM
Samsung 970 EVO Plus
GTX1080
Intel(R) Ethernet Connection (2) I219-V
Device ID: PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_15B8&SUBSYS_86721043&REV_00\3&11583659&0&FE
Driver: C:\WINDOWS\system32\DRIVERS\e1i65x64.sys, 12.17.0010.0008 (English), 3/19/2019 00:43:34, 553984 bytes
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
Odd that this would occur after the modem changed since you're not even connected directly to it. You're sure nothing else changed on the PC?

I guess if it were me I would check to make sure the link speed is still gigabit and that it's not somehow failing down to a 100Mb link. If the link is flaky I would start by swapping cables. If everything else tests out I would buy a discrete gigabit network card and run off of that.

I'd also try installing the drivers listed on the ASUS support page even if they are older. In the past I've experienced Windows auto updating to something newer but worse. In my case it was the Intel Management version that tanked my WiFi speeds and caused occasional crashes. I changed to another version and everything was good. Not saying that's your issue but it couldn't hurt to try ASUS's validated drivers. Unfortunately, if this is the issue Windows will keep updating so you may have to google how to disable driver updates.

I guess one last thing you could test just for sanity's sake is a bootable Linux live USB. You can run one of these like Ubuntu without installing anything and it would allow you to test your hardware with completely different software and drivers.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Hi all,

is there any solution? I have exactly the same issue and more or less the same set up.

Thinks which i tried :

- Exrta NIC (2 diffrent) doesn't help more than 300 - 350 mb @download aren't possible
- Refresh drivers (up and downwards)
- deactivating any net package changing app (e.g. GameFirst, Win10 GameMode ...)

But nothing helps...

The crazy thing my six old latop has on the same lan box arroung 900 mb down....

Thx for replies.