Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    New ROGer Array

Maybe I just lucked out, but I was having issues after updating to 2001. Lockups in the UEFI, heat issues, etc. Tried defaults, clearing cmos via battery, nothing.

I had to replace the fans on my aio cooler, so I physically unplugged my PSU and disconnected the 8pin power cables from the Mobo (because they were in the way to a couple of screws.

After leaving it without any power for repairs for about 10 min, it came right up and my issues were gone.

Not sure if it was a fluke, but it may be worth a shot.

ROG Junior Member Array dayjob PC Specs
    dayjob PC Specs
    MotherboardZenith extreme alpha

Quote Originally Posted by ninjamonkey1982 View Post
    Maybe I just lucked out, but I was having issues after updating to 2001. Lockups in the UEFI, heat issues, etc. Tried defaults, clearing cmos via battery, nothing.

I had to replace the fans on my aio cooler, so I physically unplugged my PSU and disconnected the 8pin power cables from the Mobo (because they were in the way to a couple of screws.

After leaving it without any power for repairs for about 10 min, it came right up and my issues were gone.

Not sure if it was a fluke, but it may be worth a shot.
    How is the system doing now after some time? Any perceived benefits? I tried once to flash it on the second bios which was stable on previous bios version, but nothing I did got me past the boot lockup. I am afraid to go to 2001 unless there is a reason. The system has finally been stable for longer then 2 weeks for me and doing anything makes me nervous but I would love to someday get above 2933 on ram speed (which I have the hardware for).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2