cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Aura Sync, Every Version!!

ctank
Level 8
Hello.

I have brand new X570 Crosshair VIII motherboard, and ASUS 2080Ti card, as well as ASUS monitor.

I tried every trick in these forums, and actually repair upgraded my Windows (no way Im gonna reinstall from scratch because of this bs).

And It wont work. Message comes "AuraService is currently unavailable check if installed bla bla".

The lights on everything works, I just cannot control them. I have Corsair iCUE with AIO, and Gskill memory.
I have disabled Corsair Services and not starting iCUE on these tryes to get AURA working, btw.

I gotten the window to open couple of times installing version of graphic card only, but I only see MONITOR in there
and I cannot control it and eventually it just crashes.

This is pretty whacked because in my old Z370 Gigabyte board, Aura Sync actually worked for memory and monitor also.

I have newest Windows 10 Pro with all updates, newest BIOS, chipset drivers and basically all newest software.

I gotten AI SUITE to work, although it says "cant find ASIO.SYS" and dont load DIP, I dont even know how it started to not asking it and working at
some point.
But at this point I uninstalled all your crap. To mention the obvious, otherwise the system works good (except your BIOS which
I wrote other thread about.)

Now I will say this; this is 400+ euros motherboard, this is UNACCEPTABLE!!! What I read these forums you had problems with Aura
for 5 years now, DO SOMETHING ASUS OR STOP ADVERTISING RGB LIGHTNING.
10 REPLIES 10

--Player000--
Level 7
I'm having the same issue AURA will only sync RAM. It wont catch the onboard led and the case fans, even when its connected properly ( case fan cable . IDK what to do its a headache.

Someone help me getting it sync properly

--Player000-- wrote:
I'm having the same issue AURA will only sync RAM. It wont catch the onboard led and the case fans, even when its connected properly ( case fan cable . IDK what to do its a headache.

Someone help me getting it sync properly

Same with me. did u find any solution for it ???

here's a list of products im using in my build.

Motherboard - ROG-STRIX-B450-F-GAMING
Fan - https://antec.com/product/cooling/spark-120-rgb.php
RAM - Trident Z RGB

I also have the crosshair viii hero wifi and armoury crate and aura has almost never worked correctly.
Only the last version of armoury works but does not see my tident z rgb neo ram no matter what i do , furthermore there are times that all led are flashing and i have to restart the pc to sort this behavior.
Mobo keeps showing red colors when pc is off no matter what setting i choose from the bios.
Really disappointed from a 400 euro mobo for a showcase build.
I expected more , the perfomance is there but the support on the rgb is almost none.

TÃ_rgue
Level 7
ctank wrote:
Hello.

I have brand new X570 Crosshair VIII motherboard, and ASUS 2080Ti card, as well as ASUS monitor.

I tried every trick in these forums, and actually repair upgraded my Windows (no way Im gonna reinstall from scratch because of this bs).

And It wont work. Message comes "AuraService is currently unavailable check if installed bla bla".

The lights on everything works, I just cannot control them. I have Corsair iCUE with AIO, and Gskill memory.
I have disabled Corsair Services and not starting iCUE on these tryes to get AURA working, btw.

I gotten the window to open couple of times installing version of graphic card only, but I only see MONITOR in there
and I cannot control it and eventually it just crashes.

This is pretty whacked because in my old Z370 Gigabyte board, Aura Sync actually worked for memory and monitor also.

I have newest Windows 10 Pro with all updates, newest BIOS, chipset drivers and basically all newest software.

I gotten AI SUITE to work, although it says "cant find ASIO.SYS" and dont load DIP, I dont even know how it started to not asking it and working at
some point.
But at this point I uninstalled all your crap. To mention the obvious, otherwise the system works good (except your BIOS which
I wrote other thread about.)

Now I will say this; this is 400+ euros motherboard, this is UNACCEPTABLE!!! What I read these forums you had problems with Aura
for 5 years now, DO SOMETHING ASUS OR STOP ADVERTISING RGB LIGHTNING.

Did i understand correctly that you not only upgraded your motherboard to a new generation, but also changed the processor and switched from Intel to AMD without doing a fresh Windows install? That's like the ultimate recipe for a disaster.

Törgue wrote:
Did i understand correctly that you not only upgraded your motherboard to a new generation, but also changed the processor and switched from Intel to AMD without doing a fresh Windows install? That's like the ultimate recipe for a disaster.

I indeed did completely fresh install of Windows. But I also upgrade install it.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
if aura is install, with last updates and chipset, and IF you have NOT use ccleaner or similar programs you can try these and on the letter.

1. open c
2. open program files (x86)
3. open lighting service
4. delete file name LastProfile.XML
5. empty recycle bin
6.Open Services (windows logo type services
7. Find LightingService and restart that service, and restart the computer. IF the service is stop start the service and righ away restart and restart the computer.

Let me know.

NOW. there is a issue with aura an ryzen drivers. if these is your case, we need to wait, But as far my testing goes, has work 99% of the the 140 computers that I help and myself see. So give a try.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

MrAgapiGC wrote:
if aura is install, with last updates and chipset, and IF you have NOT use ccleaner or similar programs you can try these and on the letter.

1. open c
2. open program files (x86)
3. open lighting service
4. delete file name LastProfile.XML
5. empty recycle bin
6.Open Services (windows logo type services
7. Find LightingService and restart that service, and restart the computer. IF the service is stop start the service and righ away restart and restart the computer.

Let me know.

NOW. there is a issue with aura an ryzen drivers. if these is your case, we need to wait, But as far my testing goes, has work 99% of the the 140 computers that I help and myself see. So give a try.

I tried that also already. I wonder ,how does the empty recycle bin make a difference though, sounds like witchcraft 😄

ctank wrote:
I tried that also already. I wonder ,how does the empty recycle bin make a difference though, sounds like witchcraft 😄

windows, even that the file is on the trash still part of the computer cause the index. I also find out that having the files decompress, cause some issues. since still part of the indexing. WIndows looks for files name X. Some drivers are open, like drivers, other are close (just a compress exe file)

Now. i read that there is issues with amd drivers.

But as far is working and II have fix a lot during the testing.

Asus lighting is 80% hardware and 20% a application since aura is a chip. also I find out that aura and the auorus app cause issues. So far razer and nzxt is ok. Logi products i can not test since I can not installed in my computer. In the end could be a windows issues or how the app is getting install. i send these to a friend to test many times. If you like right shift and turn off and then discharge the pc for a cold boot. and try later today. I am trying to get another computer here and record the work. Part of the future of aura, is 1 app to make all work and we testing these now, since i can control light, asus aio, fan control of that aio with the armory crate.

Also i can recommend installing Visual Studio 2015, 2017 and 2019 both x86 and x64 since part of the app itself is that. I find out that some drivers use a, what appears to look of it a old c++ drivers. make these first and have all uptodate and try again. these will help to see what is up, since the idea is to take most data possible.
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Emmily
Level 7
Try version 1.06.95 only working for me.