cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Best Ram for Zenith?

dusty459
Level 7
I have the Zenith Extreme and 1950x threadripper what is the best ram to get for this motherboard
5 REPLIES 5

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Samsung B-die single sided kits

G.Skill 32 or 16 GB kits with 14-14-14-34 timings

Was going to reply on Discord but can't post there for some reason...

The kit in my specs has worked flawlessly on this board from day one...for example

Arne Saknussemm wrote:
Samsung B-die single sided kits

G.Skill 32 or 16 GB kits with 14-14-14-34 timings

Was going to reply on Discord but can't post there for some reason...

The kit in my specs has worked flawlessly on this board from day one...for example

I have similar memory kit and I'm just wondering have you tried OC? Higher frequency or preloaded configs in bios for your kit?

Arne_Saknussemm
Level 40
Hi there...sorry for taking so long to reply...

Yes...OCd RAM very well...3600 3866...check various results this thread

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?99129-Goodbye-Intel-hello-AMD/page10#post705900

Note

Samsung have ceased production of b-die modules

I wish Asus would keep their memory compatibility up to date, surely a company of this size could do this

I found the whole ram search very painful, Asus could add a lot of customer value here by doing a lot of the grunt work in regards to ram compatibility

If your living outside of the US, the ram picking situation is very painful with limited suppliers

I found it near impossible and in the end I relied on my local PC store to guarantee Corsair ram even though it was not on the compatibility list - it works but it is slower but I need 128gb so I accepted the slower ram and cheaper price

Then you have conflicting information about whether or not the Zenith boards (I have the Alpha) supports 256gb or not with 32gb dims. Logged a ticket with Asus and got an fairly non definitive reply - so I played it safe and went back to 126gb

So much more Asus could do around ram compatibility and keeping information updated for it's customers, especially since new ram is coming online and people are wondering if it will work or not (i.e g.skill's neo ram, does it work in Zenith/Zenith Alpha boards?)

You're right. When I was building my computer there was very limited information on various kits available on the market for ZE. I decided to take a risk with Goodram, a Polish company. I overclocked my ram to 3000Mhz and it worked just fine. Last summer, I thought to myself that I should try choosing a G Skill ram kit. I bought 4 kits of the random access memory modules displayed in my profile for a total of 128GB. It worked also fine @ 2666MHz. Later I tried overclocking all of the memory modules to 3200MHz, while in process destabilizing my system with Windows 😛 So from that moment, I'm using 64GB at 3200MHz and working just perfectly with a few adjustments in other BIOS setting's as well.
I've been using Asus's motherboards for the longest time I can remember. I wasn't a hit and miss/trial-error process for most the time but since the release of these newer motherboards, I guess the company is targeting experienced users. G Skill's neo ram should work just great however up to 3600Mhz and 64GB maximum settings. I could be wrong with the maximum GB capacity though. You would have to ask Arne. He's the expert for that board in extreme frequency settings.