cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

are they still making motherboards with 7.1 audio jacks?

UncleJoe
Level 7
Razer Tiamat 7.1 headphone user here. This head phone requires 4 analog audio jacks to power all 8 speakers. With my current MaximusVI GENE, there's no problem. But I'm very disappointed that new motherboards at best only have 5.1 analog out. I don't care that much if I lose positional audio from not having the side channels, but the bigger concern is the loss of volume going from 7.1 to 5.1. The drivers on these headphones are smaller, so you got to power them all to get the same loudness.

Razer suggests getting an external USB sound card, but I don't like that because I want a small form system (where it's harder to find even 5.1 analog out). I'm open to getting a sound card, but that would require a uATX board or bigger and I can't find any good x570 motherboards with uATX size.

Any suggestions? Is high end motherboard audio really dead?
3 REPLIES 3

toronto699
Level 13
Blame Microsoft For Death Of High End Audio,
PM Nate He Will Help You With MB Selection
https://rog.asus.com/forum/member.php?107341-Nate152

Why is Microsoft to blame? I do remember they shipped drivers that didn't have any of the equalizer or atmosphere effects the Realtek ROG drivers had, but they still support 7.1 channel.

toronto699
Level 13
Microsoft Drivers Only Support 5.1 Or 7.1 From Source ,The Source Must Be 5.1 or 7.1 , No More Speaker Fill , In Drivers , Microsoft Think Ever One Uses Head Phones Not 5,1 or 7.1 Speakers , Audio Is Weakest Link In W10 , No Where In W10 Microsoft Drivers Is There Any 5.1 Or 7.1 Code ,