cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fan blade ROG Strix RTX 2060

ProDigit
Level 7
Hi all!
I purchased a ROG STRIX RTX 2060. It's working great; the beefy cooler is larger than an RTX 2080 TI that I own, and is capable of keeping temps of 48C (lowest I've ever seen on a card) and keeping the same performance as an RTX 2070 blower card I also own!;
But recently a fan blade broke off, because somehow a power cable touched it.

I contacted Asus, and their response was less than nice.
I'd have to send my card to them, pay for shipping, have a technician repair the thing, and pay for the repairs and return shipping.
The price of this joke?
$50 shipping + fixes, as mechanical damage isn't covered by warranty!
Needless to say I was less than excited about it all!
I might as well spend double that, and buy a single bladed RTX2060 (and coincidentally that was also the price of this card) instead!

What's worse, I can't seem to find any aftermarket replacement fans, and the whole fan unit, is a triple-in-one system.
Unlike other brands, where one can simply replace one of the fans, here, I'd have to replace all 3.
I can't even swap them out, as all 3 cards are tied together.
If I could only swap the bad fan in the center, the outer 2 fans still provide enough cooling for this card!

This has been the worst experience I've ever had on a GPU, and seriously would consider other brands next time when buying a new GPU!

Is there a more humane solution available?
Perhaps I'll just glue the blade back on with crazy glue... It seems the best solution.
1 REPLY 1

ALB92
Level 8
ProDigit wrote:
Hi all!
I purchased a ROG STRIX RTX 2060. It's working great; the beefy cooler is larger than an RTX 2080 TI that I own, and is capable of keeping temps of 48C (lowest I've ever seen on a card) and keeping the same performance as an RTX 2070 blower card I also own!;
But recently a fan blade broke off, because somehow a power cable touched it.

I contacted Asus, and their response was less than nice.
I'd have to send my card to them, pay for shipping, have a technician repair the thing, and pay for the repairs and return shipping.
The price of this joke?
$50 shipping + fixes, as mechanical damage isn't covered by warranty!
Needless to say I was less than excited about it all!
I might as well spend double that, and buy a single bladed RTX2060 (and coincidentally that was also the price of this card) instead!

What's worse, I can't seem to find any aftermarket replacement fans, and the whole fan unit, is a triple-in-one system.
Unlike other brands, where one can simply replace one of the fans, here, I'd have to replace all 3.
I can't even swap them out, as all 3 cards are tied together.
If I could only swap the bad fan in the center, the outer 2 fans still provide enough cooling for this card!

This has been the worst experience I've ever had on a GPU, and seriously would consider other brands next time when buying a new GPU!

Is there a more humane solution available?
Perhaps I'll just glue the blade back on with crazy glue... It seems the best solution.

Hi , first of all i would like to say that i totally agree with you , ASUS does handle those kind of issues very poorly compared to other brands so there are alot of things they can do to improve this !

Now regarding your issue it appears to me that Strix 2060 uses the same fans as the older Strix models ( prior to the new fan design found on RTX 2070s etc ) so those are Everflow T129215SU model . You can find those individualy ( pay attention to their pin count wich varies dependig their position ) or in complete set of 3s on Amazon or Aliexpress https://fr.aliexpress.com/item/32847631838.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.7ffe28e4eDuRFg&algo_pvid=b... for far cheaper and do the replacement yourself . Hope that helps .