cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rampage VI Extreme Omega Chipset Drivers 10.1.1.38

Super_Gnome
Level 11
The motherboard is a Rampage VI Extreme Omega (supposedly the current "flagship board"). Windows Device manager says the chipset driver 10.1.1.38 is installed in my system and any attempt to update the driver returns the message: "The best drivers for your device are already installed." However, EZ Update (I know) says the driver 10.1.1.38 is out of date--but after downloading from there and checking to see what is newly installed after the installation device manager shows the very same driver *as before* is installed--10.1.1.38. At Asus' support webpage (is there a problem there too?) there is a completely different set of chipset drivers for the same hardware. However low down on the list is this same driver--10.1.1.38. Now if you go to download it, you then get the message that your system has a newer driver installed and that if you are to install this driver you will be downgrading your driver. What is up with that?

Does anyone else with this driver have similar problems? And do you also get daily notifications from Asus and EZ Update that your chipset driver is out of date?
7 REPLIES 7

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Here is how progress on this issue is going. After throwing everything I had at the issue, I contacted Asus support via their live chat . The rep linked a download for the EZ Update component. I downloaded it. Then I uninstalled the EZ Update component. I then disconnected to the chat rep and restarted. After that I could not get only the new EZ Update component installed by going to the EZ Update folder in the new extracted folder. So I thought I had to install AI Suite III in its entirety by running set up from the main folder. I did that and then restarted. I then expected a new reinstallion of the whole AI Suite. But when I tried that, only the new EZ Update installed. I then went to the support page for the rest of AI Suite III and got it installed. So then I thought all was well.

Well, now I no longer get messages to install the Chipset driver, but now whenever I start my rig I get a little window opening with a message saying "Can't open AsiO.sys !! ( 5 )."

Yaaay--all in trading an old error for a new one. Man.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Issue solved with the latest updates of Asus software. Yaay.

Super Gnome wrote:
Issue solved with the latest updates of Asus software. Yaay.

Exactly what updates? *
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Oh, at the support page for your motherboard, under driver and utility as follows:

Version 3.00.52
2019/08/2772.18 MBytes
AI suite III V3.00.52
AI suite III V3.00.52
- USB BIOS Flashback V1.03.12
- Ez Update V3.00.11

Here is a link to the page for an ROG Rampage VI Exteme Omega motherboard:

https://www.asus.com/Motherboards/ROG-RAMPAGE-VI-EXTREME-OMEGA/HelpDesk_Download/

Hopper64
Level 15
I haven’t used EZ update. I have always installed stuff manually. Does EZ update work fairly well?
MZ790A Bios 2002, GSkill F5-8000J3848H16GX2-TZRK, 13900KS, EKWB D5 TBE 300, Seasonic Prime TX-1600 ATX 3.0, Asus Strix 4090 w/ Optimus block, Phanteks Enthoo Elite, Asus Claymore 2, Asus Gladius 3, Asus XG349C, Samsung 990, Windows 11 Pro

Hopper64 wrote:
I haven’t used EZ update. I have always installed stuff manually. Does EZ update work fairly well?

Bugs and glitches aside, I like it. It prompts you to download the latest drivers/versions when they are available. Unless you want to go to the support page regularly to check manually it is helpful and saves you time. In my case, over the years, I have had frustrating crashes, etc. when things weren't up to date--so I naturally prefer to keep everything as up to date as possible.

Super Gnome wrote:
Bugs and glitches aside, I like it. It prompts you to download the latest drivers/versions when they are available. Unless you want to go to the support page regularly to check manually it is helpful and saves you time. In my case, over the years, I have had frustrating crashes, etc. when things weren't up to date--so I naturally prefer to keep everything as up to date as possible.

Thanks. I check for new stuff fairly regularly, but it doesn't hurt to have it.