cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AI Suite 3 - Shuts off my computer every single time im using it.

Vidati
Level 7
Hi,

I had this system for a long time and i always had this issue where if i launch the Ai suite 3 it will hard shut off my PC after 2-10min and i will need to flick the PSU switch to OFF and then ON again to power the system.

If i dont use AI Suite 3 i have no issues with stability, i can game and i can render intense scenes with no issue.
The problem is i need to use this software for my Fan management and i cant do it in the bios.

My specs:
3900x (before i had 2700x and it did happen with this CPU as well).
H150i PRO 360 rad
C7H WIFI
32GB 3200MHZ CL15 (2x16gb)
Gigabyte 2080TI Gaming OC
2x3TB HDDs
2x500GB Sata SSDs
1x1xTB NVME 970 EVO
EVGA G2 750W PSU

Any advice?
2 REPLIES 2

TÃ_rgue
Level 7
Vidati wrote:
Hi,

I had this system for a long time and i always had this issue where if i launch the Ai suite 3 it will hard shut off my PC after 2-10min and i will need to flick the PSU switch to OFF and then ON again to power the system.

If i dont use AI Suite 3 i have no issues with stability, i can game and i can render intense scenes with no issue.
The problem is i need to use this software for my Fan management and i cant do it in the bios.

My specs:
H150i PRO 360 rad
C7H WIFI
2x3TB HDDs
2x500GB Sata SSDs
1x1xTB NVME 970 EVO
EVGA G2 750W PSU

Any advice?

No real advice but i can confirm it's not just you. My setup is completely different but AI Suite crashes my PC into a powered on but 100% unresponsive state all the same. The only common factor i've seen seems to be that it frequently happens with Ryzens. It's not simply a conflict with other monitoring software like a lot of other people say because it happens with a clean Windows 10 install with zero other programs installed.

The only "solution" for me has been that i always exit AI Suite after using it. The fan profile selected will stay active without the program running. It's a hassle but manageable. The bigger problem for me was that Fan Tuning crashes my PC nine out of ten times and it's obviously mandatory if you want to use the fan controls. It usually doesn't crash in the short time it takes to switch profiles but sometimes it does.

I only use it for setting the PC in quiet mode while watching movies or full blast while doing rendering so i can live with it but it seriously needs some fixing because it's the "official" choice for ASUS hardware and a lot of people will use it by default.

Super_Gnome
Level 11
Vidati wrote:
Hi,

My specs:
H150i PRO 360 rad
C7H WIFI
2x3TB HDDs
2x500GB Sata SSDs
1x1xTB NVME 970 EVO
EVGA G2 750W PSU

Any advice?

I've tried this with an old motherboard: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SpeedFan https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OkBRELqEgM