cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Crosshair vii hero, any way to stop usb port providing power on system shutdown?

JohnEJohn
Level 7
Long story short, I have installed a 7inch touchscreen set into my case window for system monitoring purposes. It is powered by USB and connects to hdmi.

It all works correctly but when I shutdown my pc the usb port still provides power and the monitor will flash on and off with no signal.

Is there a way to stop power being sent through the usb port at shutdown, I have set options to disable usb ports U31G1_5 to U31G1_8 in USB configuration, USB single port control, these options have the text 'the applying will be effective after AC power off' but unfortunately trying all four ports still provides power at shutdown.

Would appreciate some help, having to remove the usb cable at shutdown isn't the end of the world but it would be nice if I didn't hwve to do this.
6 REPLIES 6

mikev190
Level 9
JohnEJohn wrote:
Long story short, I have installed a 7inch touchscreen set into my case window for system monitoring purposes. It is powered by USB and connects to hdmi.

It all works correctly but when I shutdown my pc the usb port still provides power and the monitor will flash on and off with no signal.

Is there a way to stop power being sent through the usb port at shutdown, I have set options to disable usb ports U31G1_5 to U31G1_8 in USB configuration, USB single port control, these options have the text 'the applying will be effective after AC power off' but unfortunately trying all four ports still provides power at shutdown.

Would appreciate some help, having to remove the usb cable at shutdown isn't the end of the world but it would be nice if I didn't hwve to do this.

Go into the bios then advance - APM configuration. Then set enable (s5) and that will fix it for you.
Prior to knowing that my mouse stayed on constantly

mikev190 wrote:
Go into the bios then advance - APM configuration. Then set enable (s5) and that will fix it for you.
Prior to knowing that my mouse stayed on constantly

That has done the trick but I'm now getting c5 boot errors, won't post at all after a shutdown. Reset cmos and loaded my profile and everything works again.

Tested this a few times and each time I change this setting my pc won't post with a c5 memory error.

Nothing is ever simple lol.

I've been dealing with that for almost two weeks now, CMOS clear every day when i turn on the PC after powering it off completely 🙂

Interesting that it started happening to you after changing that setting. You're probably running XMP/DOCP on RAM too? If you leave it on 2133, there shouldn't be a C5 error.

igralec84 wrote:
I've been dealing with that for almost two weeks now, CMOS clear every day when i turn on the PC after powering it off completely 🙂

Interesting that it started happening to you after changing that setting. You're probably running XMP/DOCP on RAM too? If you leave it on 2133, there shouldn't be a C5 error.

Currently running at 3600c14 with fclk at 1800, I really don't want to set my ram at 2133. Hopefully when we get ABB some of these issues eill be ironed out.

JohnEJohn wrote:
Currently running at 3600c14 with fclk at 1800, I really don't want to set my ram at 2133. Hopefully when we get ABB some of these issues eill be ironed out.

You could try enabling ErP Ready in the BIOS. That turned off USB charging when AC is off for me as well.

mvmiller12 wrote:
You could try enabling ErP Ready in the BIOS. That turned off USB charging when AC is off for me as well.

Thanks for the suggestion, another user mentioned this but unfortunately setting either s4+5 or s5 gives me a C5 post error, as soon as I reset cmos and load my profile with this disabled i get no post errors.

I'll have to live with it for now it seems, hopefully a bios update will fix the issues.