cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extremely pleased so far :)

Terminal_Meltdo
Level 10
I have managed to get the CPU @ 4.7ghz and all 32gig of ram @ 2133 running rock solid. Needless to say, I'm extremely pleased so far with the new system. I should have some pics to share soon 🙂

Thank you,
TM

Antec 2002 Chassis - AMG 1000 Modified
Asus Rampage IV Extreme (bios 4201)
Intel® Management Engine (firmware 8.1.10.1286)
EVGA GTX 680 - PCI-E @ x16 3.0 (driver 332.21)
Intel 3960x revision C2 @ 4.7ghz daily - rock solid
G.Skill Ripsaw Z - 32 gig @ 2133mhz
Corsair: 2x Force GT, AX1200, H80
Windows 7 64bit
8 REPLIES 8

Retired
Not applicable
Great!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D

HiVizMan
Level 40
Nice system you have put together looking forward to seeing your pictures 🙂
To help us help you - please provide as much information about your system and the problem as possible.

abb1
Level 8
Nice! You have close to the same system that I have. I love my setup and I have always used, and had very few issues with Asus boards. People get discouraged when all they read is the problems that people have. It is nice to hear the good stuff as well. I have also had no major issues with the setup and the system is rock solid. Keep up with the great posts!

DooRules
Level 10
Yup, always nice reading positive stories. 🙂
7980XE on Asus ApexVI
Zotac 2080Ti
Intel 900P
2 x Samsung 950 Pro
EVGA 1600W
Alienware 34"
Samsung 28" 4K

Krash
Level 7
Terminal Meltdown wrote:
I have managed to get the CPU @ 4.7ghz and all 32gig of ram @ 2133 running rock solid. Needless to say, I'm extremely pleased so far with the new system. I should have some pics to share soon 🙂

Thank you,
TM

Good to hear.

I'm extremely happy with the RIVE so far. I had everything hooked up and ready to go while waiting for the C2 stepping 3930k to arrive. When it arrived, put the CPU in and everything went off without a hitch. Tried to do a basic 4.5Ghz clock and it worked a treat, first time with no further tinkering required. That was without any XMP setting on the ram or anything. Now I've just left the CPU @ 4.3 ghz and that's the clock I'm likely to keep for a while. I'm sure I could push more out of the thing, but my main priority is to keep the H100 fans spinning as slow as possible.

TLDR, So far, very happy with the RIVE.
Intel i7 3930K C2 @ 4.3 Ghz
Corsair H100 CPU Cooler
ASUS Rampage IV Extreme
16GB Corsair Dominator GT 2133 RAM
2 x EVGA 680GTX SC Signature in SLI
3 x BenQ XL2420T Monitors
2 x 240GB Corsair Force GT SSD's in Raid 0
2 x 1TB Seagate Barracuda HDD in Raid 1
1 x 2TB Seagate Barracuda HDD - Backups
Corsair Link + Lighting Node
Corsair 800D Case
Corsair AX1200 Power Supply
SteelSeries 7G Keyboard
Logitech G9x Mouse

Exceptionally happy with my new(ish) system. Easy to OC, posted the first time I hit the start button, excellent support... And I love the little "Powered by ROC" sticker that came with the MB. I found a special place on my case for that. 🙂
Motherboard: RIVE (3602 bios)
CPU: Intel 3930K @4646MHz
OS Drive: 2 X Samsung 840 PRO (Raid 0)
Storage Drive: 2 X 1.5TB WD Caviar Black RAID 0, 2 X 3TB WD Caviar Red, Kingston V100 256GB SSD
Memory: 64GB G.SKILL Ripjaws Z (F3-12800CL10Q2-64GBZL)
GPU: Gigabyte GeForce GTX580 @795MHz - 1536MB GDDR5
PSU: OCZ ZX1250
Cooling: Phantek PH-TC14PE

Melting Point wrote:
Exceptionally happy with my new(ish) system. Easy to OC, posted the first time I hit the start button, excellent support... And I love the little "Powered by ROC" sticker that came with the MB. I found a special place on my case for that. 🙂

Nice Build , but just in case you not satisfy and you want to throw it away, I will send you a pre-paid UPS label to make sure it’s recycle properly ....lol

mdzcpa
Level 12
I've had this system up and running since November when X79 and SB-E made thier debut. I love the challenge and excitement of being an early adopter. Now that a few months have past and I've had a chance to use this system daily for most of that time, I have to say that this is the best system I've ever built. Cutting edge, overclocked, super functional, and rock stable.

My experience with the Asus RIVE is the closest thing I've had to the fun and excitement I used to get many years ago when overclocking on the first "softmenu" Abit mobos. I think Asus rolling out the ROG line and getting really serious about the enthusiast niche has been successful in producing some seriously world class kit. Getting Shamino on board was the final piece needed to really make an incredible mobo. It reminds me of the Oscar Wu days at Abit. I was very saddened over the demise of Abit and I never found a true replacement brand until now. EVGA put out some really nice 680i, 790 Ultra and X58 mobos but nothing as purely "hot rod" as this Asus Rampage IV Extreme. Asus has really nailed it this time. I haven't had this much fun on a new system in many years.

That's my two cents on the feel good thread 🙂