Storage #1Intel 905p M.2 360G
    CPU CoolerEKWB Velocity RGB and Revo XRes 140 D5
    CasePhanteks Enthoo Elite
    Power SupplyCorsair AX1600i
    Keyboard Asus Strix Flare
    Mouse Asus ROG Gladius II Origin
    OS Windows 10 64

custom loop questions

Probably not the right place to post, but I wanted the thoughts of our forum on this. Finished installing EKWB XRes combo pump/res and it works great. 2 quick questions. I'm running the pump at max RPM. Is there any advantage to decreasing the pump speed?

Second, I was thinking of adding a flow meter but EK doesn't seem to have one. I was going to use an aquacomputer flow meter in the loop with my aquaero 6 LT. EK stipulates to avoid aluminum in the loop. This appears to be made from steel? Can't really tell the material type:

https://modmymods.com/aquacomputer-g...usb-53129.html

Is it compatible with EK stuff?

New ROGer Array

ow i actually have that aquacomputer flowsensor (it's also a temp sensor) as far as i can tell the internal's are plastic/POM so no worries about contamination, should be compatible with everything under the sun.

and the downside to running your pump slower is lower power consumption and noise from the pump and perhaps if you set it to low higher temperatures.

using that flowsensor i tested my pump at 25% and 100% (aquacomputer D5 USB) 25% was about 1.3L/m in my loop 100% was about 3.5 L/m temperature difference was about...1 degree on the gpu and cpu so i just run it at 25% (1 cpu 1 gpu loop though, 2 gpu's would split the flow between them so they'd like a higher flow rate)

and for the most part with the big brands (ekwb, bitspower, aquacomputer, alphacool) everything will be brass or copper, aluminum is "special" ekwb has a aluminum cooling part lineup but i think there the only one's (it's cheaper but it can only be used in a all aluminum loop aluminum blocks, aluminum fittings, aluminum radiators...and you'd think a pump right not really sure what metal that is....).
    Last edited by anub1s21; 08-14-2019 at 11:14 AM.

ROG Guru: Black Belt Array Hopper64 PC Specs
    Hopper64 PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus R6EO Bios 0702
    Processori9 9900X @ 4.9 1.28V VCore
    Memory (part number)GSkill F4-3600C16Q2-64GTZR
    Graphics Card #1EVGA 2080 Ti Kingpin
    Sound CardCreative SB AE7
    MonitorAsus ROG PG349Q
    OS Windows 10 64

Thanks! That's exactly what I was wanting to know. Appreciate the help!!

Hopper64 PC Specs
    MonitorAsus ROG PG349Q
    OS Windows 10 64

Oh, one other thing. This flow sensor doesn't cause increased restriction? The description states it does not. What's your thought on that? Thanks.

New ROGer Array

well that's kinda difficult to answer as i don't really know what my flow rate was before i added the flow sensor :P i didn't notice a change in restriction but there could have been a difference. looking in to it i can see through but it's somewhat restrictive looking but there's a lot more room off to the side that liquid can flow through so i think there's a restriction but if it's a noticeable one is a big ? tried to take a picture but... it's really hard >.<

currently still transitioning between my Z97 system and my X570 system which is why it's currently out of my system ^^

the main reason i went for this flow sensor is because the simpler one's with a wheel you apparanetly tend to hear, my pc is built for silence (once the liquid cooling is back in) so the thought of a plastic wheel ratteling through didn't seem appearling, this one is noisy if there's air in there, once it's fully bled it's damn near silent.
    Last edited by anub1s21; 08-14-2019 at 11:52 AM.

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by anub1s21 View Post
    well that's kinda difficult to answer as i don't really know what my flow rate was before i added the flow sensor :P i didn't notice a change in restriction but there could have been a difference. looking in to it i can see through but it's somewhat restrictive looking but there's a lot more room off to the side that liquid can flow through so i think there's a restriction but if it's a noticeable one is a big ? tried to take a picture but... it's really hard >.<

currently still transitioning between my Z97 system and my X570 system which is why it's currently out of my system ^^

the main reason i went for this flow sensor is because the simpler one's with a wheel you apparanetly tend to hear, my pc is built for silence (once the liquid cooling is back in) so the thought of a plastic wheel ratteling through didn't seem appearling, this one is noisy if there's air in there, once it's fully bled it's damn near silent.
    The sensor only rattles if you’re over 2GPM or install it upside down, even then you’ll be hard pressed to hear it. It also does NOT have a temperature sensor in it. The sensor will not add any restrictions to your loop.

ROG Guru: Brown Belt Array LiveOrDie PC Specs
    LiveOrDie PC Specs
    MotherboardASUS RAMPAGE VI EXTREME OMEGA
    ProcessorIntel Core i9 7980XE Custom IHS @ 4.6Ghz 1.23v
    Memory (part number)G.Skill Trident Z RGB F4-3000C14D 64GB
    Graphics Card #1AORUS GeForce RTX™ 2080 Ti XTREME WATERFORCE WB 11G
    MonitorLG 4k 43inch
    Storage #1Samsung 960 Pro NVME 512gb
    Storage #2Samsung 850 Evo 1TB x 2
    CPU CoolerEK-Velocity , EK-CoolStream PE 360, XSPC TX240 Ultrathin, EK X-RES 140 Revo D5 RGB PWM
    CaseCorsair Obsidian 500D SE ATX-E Modded
    Power SupplyCooler Master Vanguard Series 1000W
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G900
    Headset Razer Tiamat 2.2 v2
    OS Windows 10 x64
    Network RouterNetGear

I used a Thermaltake Pacific TF1 it does the job and looks good where it sits haha.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	97e5d794dea9e3105b1a094e09106fd0.jpg 
Views:	0 
Size:	491.0 KB 
ID:	81373

New ROGer Array

Quote Originally Posted by OutSider420 View Post
    The sensor only rattles if you’re over 2GPM or install it upside down, even then you’ll be hard pressed to hear it. It also does NOT have a temperature sensor in it. The sensor will not add any restrictions to your loop.
    i've owned it for a year, it does have a temperature sensor in there.
    there are 2 models one with only a 3 pin header, one with aquabus, usb and some external stuff, so please pay attention to what your commenting about.

also isn't 2gpm about 8 liters per minute? are you using an industrial pump cause i'm fairly certain no real loop runs 2gpm.
    atleast not the second you add any reputable cpu/gpu block.
    orientation also does not matter (i had it installed upside down, come at me brah) if it's ratteling there's air in there, do what you have to (in my case i just pulsed the pump 25>50>75>100>25 a few times and the air came out and it became dead silent.

when a owners testimony gets called in to question gotta ask what people are sniffing these days ^^
    granted i cannot show you it on the aquacomputer website as they don't make special mention of it, they don't even appear to mention it in the manual >.> but this one https://shop.aquacomputer.de/product...oducts_id=2897 the one with all the connectors has a internal temperature sensor. if you don't believe me feel free in about a week my cooling should be back together and i can post proof from aquasuite ^^

untill then this one >>>

the one i'm holding in my hand and have used for over a year, has a internal temperature sensor i am 100% certain of that.
    i know because i had no temperature sensor connected yet it gave me a temperature and shockingly this was within 0.1 degree's of my other inline temperature sensor not exact but shocking in how close (the other is a metal fitting with a temperature sensor below a rubber jacket...did not expect much of that thing. i didn't plan of having 2 temp sensors in my loop but i do.
    Last edited by anub1s21; 08-14-2019 at 01:43 PM.

ROG Guru: White Belt Array

Quote Originally Posted by Hopper64 View Post
    Probably not the right place to post, but I wanted the thoughts of our forum on this. Finished installing EKWB XRes combo pump/res and it works great. 2 quick questions. I'm running the pump at max RPM. Is there any advantage to decreasing the pump speed?

Second, I was thinking of adding a flow meter but EK doesn't seem to have one. I was going to use an aquacomputer flow meter in the loop with my aquaero 6 LT. EK stipulates to avoid aluminum in the loop. This appears to be made from steel? Can't really tell the material type:

https://modmymods.com/aquacomputer-g...usb-53129.html

Is it compatible with EK stuff?
    JayzTwoCents did a video a while back on pump speed vs temps. Might want to give that a watch. Can't remember exactly what his conclusion was but I think there was not that much of a difference.

Hopper64 PC Specs
    MonitorAsus ROG PG349Q
    OS Windows 10 64

Thanks for the feedback guys. Most helpful.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast