cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maximus apex ix turned on and off during bios update

INDIANAJUNE2
Level 7
Hey guys , thanks in advance for any help and sorry this is a bit of a long one. I was having and issues with pc failing to post after restarts with updates, (cold boots and regular restarts seemed fine and pc was running well otherwise) one a windows update and one a restart after removing a program. One time it go PCH * Initialization after micro code and the second cpu initialization error. Once I cut the power and restarted everything was fine. I also ran intels cpu diagnostic tool and passed so I doubt it’s cpu. *I decided to update the bios to see if that helped and used ez flash in the bios over the internet first time because I have 2 chips and thought I try the easy way first. Sure enough with my luck during or after ( not sure ) the update the pc turned on and off maybe twice and then magically loaded up. Besides the poop in my pants everything seems to be fine except I seem to be getting less FPS in games. Games that ran 120fps are running 80-60fps I’m wondering not if maybe the update was corrupted or it some other issue ? Running msinfo I can confirm it says it’s the most recent update. Is any of this ring any bells ??? Any help would be appreciated*
2 REPLIES 2

1mluer
Level 11
Nope it's just going through memory training and other POST diagnostics. I can turn off and on up to 3 times. I have an apex ix and it does that every time I have upgraded the bios.
InWin 909 Silver RGB build
i9-10900k
ROG Maximus XII Apex
ROG Matrix 2080 ti
Gskill Trident Royal 4400 16g

Everything overclocked and love it.
ROG Awesomeness !!!!

1mluer wrote:
Nope it's just going through memory training and other POST diagnostics. I can turn off and on up to 3 times. I have an apex ix and it does that every time I have upgraded the bios.

hey thanks for the response ! That’s good to hear, a couple days later it still seems to be fine so hopefully yeah , I’m out of the woods. Guess time will tell about the post problems. I also seemed to fix the FPS problems just but going back into the bios , doing nothing , and leaving. Maybe it just needed to save the settings again. Idk I’ll take it for now*