cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't open asio.sys (5) Fresh windows 10 installed

nitinvaid20
Level 7
I just downloaded the latest build of windows 10 after installing ASUS Z370-F Gaming Drivers i am getting this error at startup
can't open asio.sys (5)
https://prnt.sc/osn9ia
16 REPLIES 16

nitinvaid20
Level 7
i have to uninstall the ASIS AI suite to fix this.. whats the solution?

katlani
Level 9
no solution it seems but a heads-up to either have a restore point, or to avoid installing the latest version of EZ Update that is part of the bundle

https://rog.asus.com/forum/showthread.php?112377-AISuite3_EZUpdate-30011-Problem-can-t-open-Aslo-sys...

Super_Gnome
Level 11
I still get the error even without EZ Update. Hopefully Asus fixes the problems soon.

Rewerend
Level 9
Same here I tried some youtube tips with copying .dll and so on, but no results... Please fix this annoying box.

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
i add a post somewhere that IF you installing the AI suite, DO NOT INSTALL these update. No idea the why have a crash. My guess is that to use these update on the z390 board, a bios update a chip set driver is needed. so far the Formula xi has a new bios. I try on my codexi and no luck. I us last bios and i downgrade cause issues on USB disconect including front panel and aio etc.

I unly use the ai suite to control the fans
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Rewerend
Level 9
Okay I try to uninstall all and clear with ccleaner any more advice? Then I instal AiSuite 3 without that update....hope I got lucky

Rewerend wrote:
Okay I try to uninstall all and clear with ccleaner any more advice? Then I instal AiSuite 3 without that update....hope I got lucky

no cc cleanners malware. (use these as your last last...last resort before taking the clean install way)

i made my changes running a roll back in windows. these update install a restore point. If these WAS you last installalion on you pc, should appear a restore point MATRIX.. (yea sound like a movie) just run that and restart and check how that works for you. In my case that make the works. Now I do not remember what else i did.

Try your way. since I am out i can not check my notes and i will be late back
Learn, Play Enjoy!

Rewerend
Level 9
So no lucky with clean install, I cannot use restore point yet... So it´s really ****ty state... And on the programmer view the solution cannot be a restore your Windows point...ee

Re
Level 10
I can confirm that ai Suite makes no restore point (for me not)