cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possibly corrupted bios update ?

INDIANAJUNE2
Level 7
Hey guys , thanks in advance for any help and sorry this is a bit of a long one. I was having and issues with pc failing to post after restarts with updates, (cold boots and regular restarts seemed fine and pc was running well otherwise) one a windows update and one a restart after removing a program. One time it go PCH * Initialization after micro code and the second cpu initialization error. Once I cut the power and restarted everything was fine. I also ran intels cpu diagnostic tool and passed so I doubt it’s cpu. *I decided to update the bios to see if that helped and used ez flash in the bios over the internet first time because I have 2 chips and thought I try the easy way first. Sure enough with my luck during or after ( not sure ) the update the pc turned on and off maybe twice and then magically loaded up. Besides the poop in my pants everything seems to be fine except I seem to be getting less FPS in games. Games that ran 120fps are running 80-60fps I’m wondering not if maybe the update was corrupted or it some other issue ? Running msinfo I can confirm it says it’s the most recent update. Is any of this ring any bells ??? Any help would be appreciated*
1 REPLY 1

BigJohnny
Level 13
That normal after a BIOS update to do 3 restarts.
After updates like that I often have to reload drivers.
Run DDU in safe mode then reboot and reinstall the GPU drivers.