cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to update devices for displayport 2.0?

Goat-on-a-Stick
Level 7
I have a PG27UQ, and I was wondering if something like a future firmware update could be possible to enable higher refresh rates without the chroma sub-sampling that's currently required to do so?
2 REPLIES 2

xeromist
I would peg that as unlikely for a couple of reasons. The first is that external devices like monitors and other peripherals seldom get updates. Many don't even have a user accessible update method so I'm not sure if that display does.

The other reason is that the sub-sampling is due to a bandwidth limitation. Trying to increase available bandwidth after a product goes to market is difficult to do right. You have to drive hardware in ways it likely wasn't tested and customers aren't very understanding of that difficulty.

But, anything is possible. A few years back ASUS had a deal for people to send specific non-gsync laptops in and have g-sync added. Unfortunately it didn't go well so I don't know if ASUS will ever do anything like that again.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

Psycrow
Level 11
They should invent some kind of adapter to us 😄