cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

High average response time, low write speed on nvme ssd Samsung 960 Pro m/b Hero X

steamapps
Level 7
All went ok till i did an update from 1003 to 2102 bios. After this i start to see big lags while launching programs. Tested my ssd speed and its greatly decreased. Then go to Device Manager and see there a huge response time when my ssd doing write operation its over 16000ms and write speed 300-500 mb/sec but read speed is around 2700-2800 mb/sec with average response time of 0.8ms. i tested everything i can, switched different bios switches but have no luck. Then i rolled back to my old bios but problem remains. Started with LiveCD and problem is persist. What else can i do? i'm tired of this "optimizations".814008140181402
16481ms it is for Seq Q32T1 write
31050ms it is for 4KiB Q8T8 write
and overall result.
Help please if anyone can.
Sorry for big pictures i dont know how to hide them.
5 REPLIES 5

BigJohnny
Level 13
Anything else running in the background? Disable AV and indexing then run the Crystal benchmark again. Or just wait a day or two for it to settle out. Double check all your BIOS settings as well.

steamapps
Level 7
nothing on the background, no AV. With indexing disabled same situation. do you think day or two will help? dont understand to what it should help)

Deepcuts
Level 10
Flash the latest BIOS version that was stable for you and see if the problem goes away.
If it goes away, just stay on that version.
I am on 1901, because all others are crap for my build.

Deepcuts wrote:
Flash the latest BIOS version that was stable for you and see if the problem goes away.
If it goes away, just stay on that version.
I am on 1901, because all others are crap for my build.

thx, i will try. i realized that latest audio drivers make my pc open programs very slow. i can open winrar about 10 sec (only exe file of it). downgraded to previous and program start like it have to be. Another problem is write speed on my nvme ssd samsung 960 pro is about 500mb/sec. read speed is about 2500. Can you advise something?

ThrashZone
Level 10
Hi,
Probably doesn't help your C partition is at 73%
Storage and optimize drive.

Put os and programs on a smaller m.2 500gb
Put all personal files/ games on a larger m.2 1tb or heck even a 2.5" ssd 1-2tb if no other m.2 is an option

All ssd's slow down once it starts to fill up
Use samsung magician to see the state of the ssd.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]