cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Code 00 after cold start of a Zenith Extreme Alpha --> SOLUTION

NordLicht
Level 7
Hello,

my board has sometimes code 00 issues. That means after power switch on the display only shows CPU 00, then after some seconds the machine turns off automatically and on again with CPU 00 code again and stay there. Fans are turning meanwhile.

I've tried power cycles with power cord off and on. Retry button, reflashing bios via USB, Clear cmos button. Nothing helps.

SOLUTION
The only thing which helps is to power off the machine, disconnect power cord and REMOVE CMOS BATTERY AND WAIT FOR 1 MINUTE.
Then reinstall it and connect powr cord and start.

Then you have to reload the hopefully saved bios profile. THAT'S it. Strange.

I don't know when it will happen. Sometimes.

Has anyone similar experiences?

CONFIG:
Zenith Extreme Alpha Rev 1.0
CPU 2970WX running stock
RAM Corsair 4* 16GB (3466 Mhz RAM) running at 2666MHz (a waste)
PSU: ROG THOR 1200W
Cooling: AIO RYUIJN 360
BIOS: 2001 / or 1901 (there it will happen also)
11 REPLIES 11

jpasint
Level 7
Same problem here. Seems about every 10 or so power on cycles I get hit with the code 00 and have to pull the battery.
Are you using the fan extension card by chance? I am currently but I can't stand the AI Suite software so I purchased the aquaero 6 XT. Have not hooked it up yet though.
I wonder if it could have anything to do with that fan extension card?

I'm running a 2950 and using G.SKILL Trident Z RGB (For AMD) 32GB (4 x 8GB) 288-Pin DDR4 SDRAM DDR4 3200.

macmus
Level 7
same problem here!! I did everything.. remount CPU/RAM etc..

It stooped doing it now.. but it was real pain in the ass at the start it was happening all the time.
Not sure if that is because of driver updates or something, but it did not get this issue since a month now.

I did not update BIOS.

i'm using fan extension card all the time.

This should be PINED and bummped regular. It's scary that 600 bucks board does this ****.

jpasint
Level 7
Just thought I would throw this out here to see if anyone has had a similar experience.

I did a fresh reinstall of Windows in an attempt to resolve an issue with my VR. This time I did not install ANY Asus software other than drivers. I have not had the code 00 issue since the fresh reinstall almost 2 weeks ago.
This really makes me think the code 00 issue is related to some piece of Asus’ software.

This is probably not related but in case it is or even partially related I'll post

I was having issues with my Windows 10 pro build on Zenith Extreme Alpha

The cpu code is different however, but I would get a freeze every 3rd or 4th boot, sometimes more

I discovered Windows was crashing but the event was buried in the event log

I debugged the memory dump and found a hardware error - except it's not really a hardware error but a signal error being sent to a device to reset when it is not yet active

It turns out that windows fast start feature stores a snapshot of your driver setting on shutdown and tries to be smart on start-up. But the PC is too quick and windows is trying to reset the hardware before it's ready

I disabled the windows fast start and al boot issues have stopped

I doubt this is the issue here but just in case it could somehow be 'related' I thought I'd post

jpasint
Level 7
I have been having the code 00 issue again. It occurred about a week or two after I posted above with no issues.
Please Asus, help us out.

I was having this problem since day 1 but when I was restarting my pc it was being fixed.
Yesterday I wanted to put some thermal paste on the cpu, so I unscrewed my Fryzen and because the memories were in my way I disconnected them. I didn't open the cpu. When I had them all ready again I opened the power and got "Code Error 00 Detect Memory". I have tried to disconnect everything including the battery and all the power cables.
Problem exists.
Now I run only with 2 sticks of RAM and total 16GB.
When I tried to put a single RAM on the left socket I have "Code Error 00 Detect Memory".
I don't know what else I can do.
Is there a test that I can make to see if cpu is causing this issue?

Seda
Level 8
The Code 00 until I rip the battery happens to me once every month or so. I'm running Debian GNU/Linux, so for all of you on Windows, it's not likely to be an operating system issue imo. I've just saved my CMOS settings to a USB and reload them each time.

ais_studios
Level 7
I Tried the power chord removal and bios battery removal and didn't work for me. I even thought it was a bad PSU and bought new one and still same 00 code. Then saw this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1jexzVKVqo&feature=emb_rel_end (check out 6 minute 35 second) and the crazy thing was - for me - it worked. Crazy right? I still replaced the Board with another because I didn't want to do this all the time, plus, obviously there's something wrong with the board.

I must be one lucky guy with my board.
The only time I was witnessing errors when I was trying to overclock the RAM from 3200Mhz to 3600. The other times when I couldn't observe my M.2 SSD's in the BIOS when they are inserted. Then again, my processor is running on stock settings and I reverted the overclocked frequency.
Strange error you are experiencing with the Alpha edition.