cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG MAXIMUS XI GENE on Windows7

yasagurehibagon
Level 7
Hello, I am using the current z390 ROG MAXIMUS XI GENE. I have heard that Windows 7 is the best way to use Geekbench 3 though I'm usually using Windows 10. Again, please tell me in detail how to install Windows 7 and what you need. Also, if you can create a Windows 7 SSD, can you continue to switch between Windows 10 and Windows 7 by simply replacing the SSD with the OS in the same mother? Please forgive me that it may be difficult to understand by translating from Japanese
10 REPLIES 10

Ch3vr0n
Level 10
Seems like you deleted your previous post in the 2 yr necro and made t his new one. Answer is the same.

u don't. That board does not have (official) driver support for anything other than Windows 10. Oh and btw there's no such thing as a "windows 7 SSD". An SSD is a type of hard disk. Dual booting can be done on the same hard drive, no need to swap discs out. That said, doesn't change the fact that that board is NOT have (official) driver support for anything else than Win 10.

yasagurehibagon
Level 7
thank you for your polite response
But I want to hear from people other than you

xeromist
You can definitely switch OS by swapping drives. That might be the simplest method. It's not too hard to install multiple OS's on the same drive and use a boot loader menu to switch though. That way doesn't require any hardware swapping.

As for Win 7, ASUS doesn't provide any drivers. Getting it to work is going to be very difficult, if not impossible. My recommendation would be to try running Geekbench on Linux. I've heard you can get higher scores than Windows and distros like Ubuntu aren't difficult to use.
A bus station is where a bus stops. A train station is where a train stops. On my desk, I have a work station…

dingo99
Level 10
There are no Win7 USB drivers for Z390.
Intel has never supported Z390 on Win7, and older drivers (Z270/Z370) are not compatible.

Thus, you have only two options:
1) Use a PS/2 keyboard/mouse
2) Install a PCIe-to-USB 3.0 adapter card

#1 should work out of the box.
#2 requires you to slipstream the USB driver (usually ASMedia, Renesas, or VIA) onto your Win7 install media. You can Google search to find many tutorials on how to do that.

yasagurehibagon
Level 7
GENE has one PS2 port
If you connect a mouse and keyboard using a distribution cable, you can use Windows 7 installation media.

ThrashZone
Level 10

yasagurehibagon
Level 7
I do n’t know at all
No one tells me more

yasagurehibagon wrote:
I do n’t know at all
No one tells me more

Hi,
You ask at the wrong place 🙂
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ch3vr0n
Level 10
because you can't. There's no driver support? What more do you expect us to tell you. It was already not very easy on Z170 chipset.