cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone had similar problems with 2080ti Strix Advanced/OC?

Robbie97
Level 7
Hello!

I was just wondering if some other 2080ti Strix Advanced or OC owners have had similar or the same issues with their cards as i did before i RMA'd it.

Gpu fans ignoring fan curve when it hits 70 degrees which makes them spin at 100% until it goes down to 69 degrees at which point they slow down which means the card goes back up to 70 degrees and fans go haywire again.

Fans make a weird uneven almost buzzing noise when spinning at high RPMs.

Furmark 3d results were 5k-8k below other users: 14k and mine were around 6-8k

Card ramping up in heat too easily even when i was on a 1080p monitor with alot of demanding settings turned to low or off. Imagine the nightmare of sound when i switched to 1440p recently...

Did you guys RMA and get a replacement or get your money back and switch to a diff brand? And if you did get a replacement, how was it? Did it work perfectly fine then?
1 REPLY 1

Khean
Level 10
Robbie97 wrote:
Hello!

I was just wondering if some other 2080ti Strix Advanced or OC owners have had similar or the same issues with their cards as i did before i RMA'd it.

Gpu fans ignoring fan curve when it hits 70 degrees which makes them spin at 100% until it goes down to 69 degrees at which point they slow down which means the card goes back up to 70 degrees and fans go haywire again.

Fans make a weird uneven almost buzzing noise when spinning at high RPMs.

Furmark 3d results were 5k-8k below other users: 14k and mine were around 6-8k

Card ramping up in heat too easily even when i was on a 1080p monitor with alot of demanding settings turned to low or off. Imagine the nightmare of sound when i switched to 1440p recently...

Did you guys RMA and get a replacement or get your money back and switch to a diff brand? And if you did get a replacement, how was it? Did it work perfectly fine then?

I have the OC version when i tried to use fan curved on MSI Afterburner to start spinning when hits 50C but its doesn't work for me the fan still spinning even at 40c on iddle.

But in Heaven Max temps was 73c on the benchmark.