cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temp Sensors Strix X570-e

Merc2k
Level 7
Greetings,

So I am a little concerned about some temps I am seeing on my new board. Not "OMG I need to go and put Liquid Nitrogen on it", but enough that I reckon I should probably do something about it. By the looks of things, there are temp sensors for the CPU Socket, The General Mobo, the Actual CPU, and the Temp Sensor that was included in the box. There are 5 temp Sensors that come up in HWinfo as Temp 2, 3, 4, 5 & 9. But I can't find any information as to what they are measuring. Sensors 2 & 5 are always registering in the high 60-70 degree mark. If I had to guess, I'd go with the Chipset, but I am not sure since that does register elsewhere.

Any pointers would be great.

9 REPLIES 9

psynex
Level 7
I'm wondering the same thing. Temp2 and Temp5 are quite high for me on X570 Strix-e. Did you figure out what they are? I'm concerned as well.

Hello,
After my purchase Asus ROG STRIX X570-E GAMING I notice strange temperatures.
At Asus VRM temperature problem for x570 E or F Rest temperature exceeds 85 ° C without oc. After some research on the Internet I realized that I'm not the only one to have the same problem Asus voltages By default very high (1.4 or more) does not arrange things on my side I'll see how many time my motherboard will fit on English-speaking YouTube There are videos VRM tests for x570 The results are catastrophic the temperatures are very high at several brands but a pity that Asus does not react on abnormal temperatures. Personally I do not advise you to buy it before even doing some research on the Internet any motherboard be very careful.
To bring down the temperatures a little I decided to lower voltages to 1.33 and oc 4.3 Ghz my 3700x to lower the temperature.
Before OC VRM temp 80-99 ° C (1.4v - 1.457v asus voltage default)
After OC VRM temp 60-77 ° C (1.33v)

Here are my screenshots After OC
https: // photos. app.goo. gl / PGhauG25HHDQGU869
Excuse me for my spelling mistakes I write with google translator 🙂
Baguette from France ❤️

I am in the same boat as all of you. Weird behavior on Temp 2 and 5 , when the air con is on, room temp at 22-23C these readings increase and plateau at about 85C and 87C. When the room temp increase say 27C to 30C these drop to 69C and 75C. Also on a Intel Burn test, Temp 5 disappeared Once.

All settings at default in bios (1201) . PBO is at auto. No significant effect on these sensors when core voltage is dropped to 1.25V to 1.35V. System is stable have not encountered any shutdowns or resets on any benchmarks.

Ryzen 3900X , 32 GB 3200MHz , 2070 super, Corsair RM850X.

Aly1984 wrote:
I am in the same boat as all of you. Weird behavior on Temp 2 and 5 , when the air con is on, room temp at 22-23C these readings increase and plateau at about 85C and 87C. When the room temp increase say 27C to 30C these drop to 69C and 75C. Also on a Intel Burn test, Temp 5 disappeared Once.

All settings at default in bios (1201) . PBO is at auto. No significant effect on these sensors when core voltage is dropped to 1.25V to 1.35V. System is stable have not encountered any shutdowns or resets on any benchmarks.

Ryzen 3900X , 32 GB 3200MHz , 2070 super, Corsair RM850X.

I am having the exact same problem, also.
BIOS 1405, Ryzen 3800X 16GB, 3200CL14, GTX680 Classified, Corsair M.2

What are these temperatures monitoring?
Is there a danger to my MOBO?
Is there a fix/solution?

Thanks in advance!

Same thing here, my temp5 is at 89ºC in idle and stock settings.

I have a Ryzen 7 3700x, x570 Strix-e Gaming and 32GB RAM, no overclock.

Same Issue here also, reporting 90C and up! Can someone from Asus Support chime in on this?

Having the same problem. Temp 2 and Temp 5 monitoring very high temps (Temp2: 70-90C / Temp5: 80-90C) when ambient room temperatures are cool at around 21-24C. The system has plenty of airflow with 3 x 140mm Cryorig Performance fans in the front, 1 x 140mm Phanteks fan rear exhaust and the CPU AIO 3 x 120mm fans exhausting out the top. It's overkill, really, and CPU and GPU idle in the mid-thirties Celsius, but whatever these temps are monitoring (I'm thinking south bridge and VRM) are getting very hot during idle. I've even dialed my voltages back for VRM and vcore, and while my CPU idles in a much more acceptable range, Temp 2 and Temp 5 didn't budge.

I might try pointing a fan directly at the VRM and see if one of the temps goes down. I do have a little bracket that came with my dads ASUS Prime Z390-A that mounts onto the VRM and holds a little 80mm fan. Might try to finagle that onto my mobo somehow.

Okay, something f*cky is going on. I cranked my A/C down to the lowest it would go and let it run for a while, then I took a box fan and pointed it directly into the side of my PC, and every temp in the system dropped into the 20's Celsius, except Temp 2 and Temp 5. Those WENT UP, and rose into the 90's Celsius. It makes NO sense to me. The longer I held the fan onto the motherboard, the higher those two temps went. I've never seen anything like it in the 20 years I've been building and maintaining PC's.

In the screenshot, look at the lowest temps of the rest of the numbers and the highest temps of Temp 2 and Temp 5. I just couldn't hold a box fan and take a screenshot at the same time. This has got to be dangerous. I mean, the components, whatever they are, are cooking, reaching over 200F. It's insane. No component in a PC should safely run at idle at 80C+ all of the time, much less jump into the 90's when better cooled. I'm just at a loss. It can't be boost, because I've disabled that. Nothing should be changing, and it shouldn't have been boosting anyway, because it was at an idle state at the desktop.

alphamachine wrote:
Okay, something f*cky is going on. I cranked my A/C down to the lowest it would go and let it run for a while, then I took a box fan and pointed it directly into the side of my PC, and every temp in the system dropped into the 20's Celsius, except Temp 2 and Temp 5. Those WENT UP, and rose into the 90's Celsius. It makes NO sense to me. The longer I held the fan onto the motherboard, the higher those two temps went. I've never seen anything like it in the 20 years I've been building and maintaining PC's.

In the screenshot, look at the lowest temps of the rest of the numbers and the highest temps of Temp 2 and Temp 5. I just couldn't hold a box fan and take a screenshot at the same time. This has got to be dangerous. I mean, the components, whatever they are, are cooking, reaching over 200F. It's insane. No component in a PC should safely run at idle at 80C+ all of the time, much less jump into the 90's when better cooled. I'm just at a loss. It can't be boost, because I've disabled that. Nothing should be changing, and it shouldn't have been boosting anyway, because it was at an idle state at the desktop.

HWinfo64 posts said that Temp 2 & 5 are faulty sensors.. meaning not real.. or hooked up for x570..