cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ROG Crossair VII Hero Wifi witn Ryzen 3700x CPU 0 RPM

fapb48
Level 7
Hi,

I have built a pc recently with Crossair VII hero + Ryzen 3700x and thermaltake riing 360.

From time to time my pc shuts down or reboots itself.

Last time it shutdown i powered back on, and on POST said CPU overheating or something like that.

And every time i go onto the AI Suite says CPU Fan 0RPM, but then i have AIO Pump at 1800rpm.

I am trying to troubleshoot why the PC is shutting down at least once a day (i leave it on 24/7) but i cant seem to find out.

Is this a potential cause? MOBO is running the latest BIOS

Thanks in advance.
17 REPLIES 17

TXTerror
Level 7
could be several things to be honest....make sure your have all fan and pump headers are plugged in properly...i wonder if your aio pump is a dud if your system is suddenly powering off due to over heating....

TXTerror wrote:
could be several things to be honest....make sure your have all fan and pump headers are plugged in properly...i wonder if your aio pump is a dud if your system is suddenly powering off due to over heating....

Thanks for your reply. What does dud means? lol

It gone trough a few days when everything seemed fine but now its back again. There was this day when suddenly the pc became very very slow for 5 minutes and then just shutdown.

Do you think i should remove the AIO block and try to install again?

Thanks

fapb48, does it happen on the latest beta bios 0002 for you? Fan stopping is well known issue with older bioses when you use some soft which pokes at Asus WMI, like HWINFO for example. Try different monitoring software for a test (Coretemp works for me) and see if it helps, but in general fan issues should be fixed in the next official bios.

UncleHunk wrote:
fapb48, does it happen on the latest beta bios 0002 for you? Fan stopping is well known issue with older bioses when you use some soft which pokes at Asus WMI, like HWINFO for example. Try different monitoring software for a test (Coretemp works for me) and see if it helps, but in general fan issues should be fixed in the next official bios.

Thanks for your reply,

Yes i looked yesterday to see if it had any update and i updated to the latest version. Woke up this morning the pc was turned off again. It's so strange.. On the AI Suit 3 the CPU Fan is always 0rpm.. it doesnt seem normal at all...

gupsterg
Level 13
fapb48 wrote:
Hi,

I have built a pc recently with Crossair VII hero + Ryzen 3700x and thermaltake riing 360.

From time to time my pc shuts down or reboots itself.

Last time it shutdown i powered back on, and on POST said CPU overheating or something like that.

And every time i go onto the AI Suite says CPU Fan 0RPM, but then i have AIO Pump at 1800rpm.

I am trying to troubleshoot why the PC is shutting down at least once a day (i leave it on 24/7) but i cant seem to find out.

Is this a potential cause? MOBO is running the latest BIOS

Thanks in advance.

Reads like the Super IO Chip is crapping out.

The Super IO Chip (IT8655E) has issues with the way and number of apps that access it. ASUS to mitigate the issue brought out ASUS WMI. This is a two fold fix, software accessing SIO must use it and UEFI must have working implementation.

So first off remove any software that could be accessing SIO, things like Ai Suite, Aura, etc. Don't have other company SW which does similar, ie iCue, etc.

Next update to beta UEFI 0002, this has working ASUS WMI.

Use apps which use ASUS WMI, I know latest AIDA64/CPU-Z/HWINFO do.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

gupsterg wrote:
Reads like the Super IO Chip is crapping out.

The Super IO Chip (IT8655E) has issues with the way and number of apps that access it. ASUS to mitigate the issue brought out ASUS WMI. This is a two fold fix, software accessing SIO must use it and UEFI must have working implementation.

So first off remove any software that could be accessing SIO, things like Ai Suite, Aura, etc. Don't have other company SW which does similar, ie iCue, etc.

Next update to beta UEFI 0002, this has working ASUS WMI.

Use apps which use ASUS WMI, I know latest AIDA64/CPU-Z/HWINFO do.

Thanks. I have uninstalled Ai Suite and Aura. Now, dummy question. Where can i update the UEFI? cannot find on the motherboard support page.

Thanks again

gupsterg
Level 13
Unfortunately not on ASUS offical support page, Shamino aka Peter Tan shared it in this post, if link doesn't work I can share one.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video

gupsterg wrote:
Unfortunately not on ASUS offical support page, Shamino aka Peter Tan shared it in this post, if link doesn't work I can share one.

So, i have installed version 0002 and on boot i had to disable the fan speed option because it said CPU Fan speed error detected. This happened to me before on my very 1st boot.

If the system shuts down i will let you know.

Thank you very much

I’m not sure if the board ever resolved the issue of running monitoring software looking at a sensor on the board causing the board to shutdown without warning. To see if this is your issue close your monitoring software and see if it continues to shutdown.