MotherboardAsus ROG Crosshair 7 hero wifi
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 2600 x
    Graphics Card #1Asus ROG Strix RTX 2060 Gaming advanced
    Power SupplyCooler Master V850
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset Logitech G935
    Network RouterFritzbox 7590

The problem is not 100% solvable as its BIOS/Sensor related. I am sure Assus regrerts the day they bought this cheap Sensor which is causing so much trouble.

Only thing you can do is reset the cmos, pull the BIOS battery, pull the power cord from the psu and push the power button on your case for a few seconds to be sure no current is in the board anymore. Than put everything back and test.

New ROGer Array fapb48 PC Specs
    fapb48 PC Specs
    MotherboardROG CROSSHAIR VII HERO (WI-FI)
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3700X
    Memory (part number)CMK16GX4M2D3000C16
    Graphics Card #1AMD Radeon RX Vega 56
    MonitorSamsung UE590 Series
    Storage #1Samsung SSD 860 EVO 1TB
    Storage #2Samsung SSD 970 EVO Plus 500GB
    CPU CoolerThermaltake Floe Riing 360
    CaseThermaltake View 32 TG RGB
    Power SupplyEVGA 750+G
    Keyboard Razer Cynosa
    Mouse Logitech MX Master
    Headset Hyper X Cloud Flight
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane28 View Post
    The problem is not 100% solvable as its BIOS/Sensor related. I am sure Assus regrerts the day they bought this cheap Sensor which is causing so much trouble.

Only thing you can do is reset the cmos, pull the BIOS battery, pull the power cord from the psu and push the power button on your case for a few seconds to be sure no current is in the board anymore. Than put everything back and test.
    You have the same motherboard as me. Did this ever happened to you before?

So, you're saying that is the sensor that its causing this randoms shutdowns? I will try to do your suggestion. Thank you

ROG Enthusiast Array Hurricane28 PC Specs
    Hurricane28 PC Specs
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset Logitech G935

Yes, on my CH6 this was very common and there was no fix for it as its the IT sensor that is crapping out which than gives weird readings and this sensor is also responsible for the fans at the same time. Later Elmor (Jon) came with an "fix' and i never encountered this issue after that but it can still happen as this IT sensor is utterly crap and it was the baddest decision ever to buy this cheapo sensor. It only costs like 2-5 euro's each on Aliexpress..

Good luck man.

ROG Guru: Blue Belt Array gupsterg PC Specs
    gupsterg PC Specs
    MotherboardAsus Maximus VII Ranger
    Processori5 4690K
    Memory (part number)HyperX Savage 2400MHz 16GB
    Graphics Card #1Sapphire R9 Fury X (1145/545 Custom ROM)
    MonitorAsus MG279Q
    Storage #1Samsung 840 Evo 250GB
    Storage #2HGST 2TB
    CPU CoolerThermalRight Archon SB-E X2
    CaseSilverstone Temjin 06
    Headset/Speakers HyperX Cloud
    OS Win 7 Pro x64 / Win 10 Pro x64

Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane28 View Post
    I own/owned from launch:-

i) ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero
    ii) ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme
    iii) ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wifi
    iv) ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha

I do at times runs of say folding@home that can exceed ~24hr+ continuous usage, besides the other things I may do.

In all my systems I have used board fan headers to control fans/water pump, used UEFI to set fan profiles.

I have never done what you highlight.

As previously stated to fapb48, this fix is to use SW that uses ASUS WMI if it interacts with Super IO Chip, UEFI must have ASUS WMI support.

In the case of ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wifi UEFI 1002 was first to have working ASUS WMI, 0804 & 0702 had broken implementation, 0601 and earlier had no ASUS WMI.

Approximately from UEFI 2008 (ie when ComboPi-AM4 x.x.x.x became AGESA in UEFI) ASUS WMI was again broken AFAIK. Even then I only experienced 2-3 times issues with fan headers. That UEFI was released back in March 2019, I clocked up obscene amount of usage on my C7H from then til now.

UEFI 0002 should fix fapb48, as stated it is pointless to think the UEFI fixes issue if a user continues to use SW that accesses Super IO Chip not using ASUS WMI. If a user does that they will think issue is still present when it is not.

So as stated before, for fix to work, it is a two fold action, SW accessing Super IO Chip must use ASUS WMI and UEFI must have working implementation of ASUS WMI, if either is not in place user will have issues.

A simple reboot or power on and off will reinitialise Super IO Chip, no need for pulling CMOS battery, etc, etc...
    Last edited by gupsterg; 09-12-2019 at 08:58 AM.
    Intel Defector AMD Rebel

TR 1950X - Custom WC - Asus Zenith Extreme Alpha - G.Skill Trident Z 3400MHz C14 QC - RX VEGA 64
    R5 3600 - Custom WC - Asus Crosshair VII Hero Wifi - G.Skill Ripjaws V 3800MHz C16 - Sapphire HD 5850 Toxic

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
    Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

fapb48 PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3700X
    Power SupplyEVGA 750+G
    Keyboard Razer Cynosa
    Mouse Logitech MX Master
    OS Windows 10 Pro

Thanks everyone.

I have installed UEFI 0002 and uninstalled AI Suite 3 and Aura apps. 24h has passed and so far, so good.

Lets hope it fixed the issue indeed.

Thanks everyone for your precious help!

fapb48 PC Specs
    ProcessorAMD Ryzen 3700X
    Power SupplyEVGA 750+G
    Keyboard Razer Cynosa
    Mouse Logitech MX Master
    OS Windows 10 Pro

3 days running on a 24 hour cycle and all good.

Thank you everyone very, very much!!

My EZ Flash app is saying that my UEFI is outdated.. Should i just ignore and carry on with the 0002 version as long as possible?

Hurricane28 PC Specs
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset Logitech G935

Quote Originally Posted by gupsterg View Post
    I own/owned from launch:-

i) ASUS ROG Crosshair VI Hero
    ii) ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme
    iii) ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wifi
    iv) ASUS ROG Zenith Extreme Alpha

I do at times runs of say folding@home that can exceed ~24hr+ continuous usage, besides the other things I may do.

In all my systems I have used board fan headers to control fans/water pump, used UEFI to set fan profiles.

I have never done what you highlight.

As previously stated to fapb48, this fix is to use SW that uses ASUS WMI if it interacts with Super IO Chip, UEFI must have ASUS WMI support.

In the case of ASUS ROG Crosshair VII Hero Wifi UEFI 1002 was first to have working ASUS WMI, 0804 & 0702 had broken implementation, 0601 and earlier had no ASUS WMI.

Approximately from UEFI 2008 (ie when ComboPi-AM4 x.x.x.x became AGESA in UEFI) ASUS WMI was again broken AFAIK. Even then I only experienced 2-3 times issues with fan headers. That UEFI was released back in March 2019, I clocked up obscene amount of usage on my C7H from then til now.

UEFI 0002 should fix fapb48, as stated it is pointless to think the UEFI fixes issue if a user continues to use SW that accesses Super IO Chip not using ASUS WMI. If a user does that they will think issue is still present when it is not.

So as stated before, for fix to work, it is a two fold action, SW accessing Super IO Chip must use ASUS WMI and UEFI must have working implementation of ASUS WMI, if either is not in place user will have issues.

A simple reboot or power on and off will reinitialise Super IO Chip, no need for pulling CMOS battery, etc, etc...
    Excellent info as usual man.

I did the things to prevent the issue from happening again as i mentioned before because i couldn't get rid of it flashing to other BIOS or any other way.

I did this as some times the registers get corrupted and it can only be wiped by pulling the BIOS battery. I agree its a bit excessive but in some cases its necessary to do so if you can't get rid of the issue.

On my Ch6 i encountered this fan issues even without software monitoring programs running and it even happens in BIOS as i have a video that proof is. So its not only the SW that is causing this but mostly the Asus BIOS that is causing this behavior as i had issues on 2703 BIOS but now on 1103 i do not encounter this.

The conclusion is that multiple sources can cause this sensor to get corrupt as its one of the worst if not the worst IO chips out there and i am sure if Asus knew this before they never bought this crappy sensor. They just tried to cheap out on a sensor and it backfired on them, that is what i think.

Their newer boards are all with Nuvoton instead of IT now.

Hurricane28 PC Specs
    Keyboard Logitech G910
    Mouse Logitech G903
    Headset Logitech G935

Quote Originally Posted by fapb48 View Post
    3 days running on a 24 hour cycle and all good.

Thank you everyone very, very much!!

My EZ Flash app is saying that my UEFI is outdated.. Should i just ignore and carry on with the 0002 version as long as possible?
    If you have no issues and every thing is working well for you i see no reason why you should flash other BIOS.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2