cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bios 2606

TXTerror
Level 7
Seems like bios 2606 on ch7 has finally fixed my ram timings issue....still to early to tell but after powering off pc with docp set , the pc booted back into windows without an issue.... hopefully this bios is stable....it seems to be playing nice with the 3900x so far but its only been for an hr or so...
9 REPLIES 9

TXTerror
Level 7
after further testing its not as stable as i was hoping...ram timings stay and boot.....sometimes but sometimes will require a cmos clear...im glad i can finally set docp but it means nothing if the system will not reliably boot up after a complete power down.....decided to try manually setting ram speed and timings with mix results....sometimes the system wouldn't boot, but instead of a cmos clear i would restart the pc and sometimes it would boot fully and sometimes it wouldn't....messing with voltages now to see if that will help it get stablish...

so messing with voltages doesn't seem to matter with having a stable reboot....so turning on docp will force a cmos reset after fill power off and power on cycle.... setting ram speeds and timings manually will cause a weird boot....what i mean is once you do a full power off and on it will get hung up and not boot....if i power off again and power on it boots with all timings and setting intact...very strange and honestly having to turn the system on twice will get old quick...anyone have any ideas?

MrAgapiGC
Level 13
you mean that sometimes boot other stay on asus logo?
Learn, Play Enjoy!

when it does get hung up , it doesn't even make it to the asus screen....its an odd bug to say the least....i would say 3 out 4 times it boots perfectly....docp is still a no go cause it will not boot after a restart... just glad its somewhat stable now. ive done a simple all core oc and everything is holding together nicely just to test the system. this bios in my opinion is better and more stable that 2501. so manually setting ram speed and timings is the way to go....in my case that is.

so after about 20 or so reboots and cold boots...system hasn't hung up again....stable as of right now...

Rayken8
Level 7
I'm experiencing some issues with this new bios (2606). I have a ryzen 3600 on a c7h and when I try to overclock the ram (G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16) to 3200mhz (default value is 2133mhz) it reboots the computer twice when I restart and when I turn it on it always cold boots twice too...I hear a click sound when this happens coming from the mobo and it shuts off and then comes back to life again, so I'm kinda worried it may cause any damage to the cpu or mobo. I don't know why this issue is happening but it made me go back on the previous version (2501) where I can overclock ram through bios without any proiblem. If someone has a similar issue or knows how to fix this I would appreciate.

i havent tried to oc my ram but was more concerned with getting my current sticks up to their docp specs and a stable system...im currently using g skill 2x16gb cl16 3600mhz sticks...ive probably done way too many to count power cycles and haven't had any issues or fears about my mb....the way i see it, theres a start and reset buttons on the c7h for situations like this....i do know when i was on bios 2501 i could set my ram other set of ram g skill 2x8gb cl 14 3200 sticks to 3600mhz easy but if i messed mess with the timings the system wouldn't boot. the 3000 series still has some maturing to do.

Rayken8 wrote:
I'm experiencing some issues with this new bios (2606). I have a ryzen 3600 on a c7h and when I try to overclock the ram (G.SKILL Trident Z RGB 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4-3200MHz CL16) to 3200mhz (default value is 2133mhz) it reboots the computer twice when I restart and when I turn it on it always cold boots twice too...I hear a click sound when this happens coming from the mobo and it shuts off and then comes back to life again, so I'm kinda worried it may cause any damage to the cpu or mobo. I don't know why this issue is happening but it made me go back on the previous version (2501) where I can overclock ram through bios without any proiblem. If someone has a similar issue or knows how to fix this I would appreciate.

What you are experiencing is normal for this UEFI version. It does it for everyone. If it posts and boots into windows than you are fine. This issue has been talked about in another thread on this forum as well as on the OCN. Also, make sure you are setting your memory boot voltage to 1.4 to 1.45.

Rayken8 wrote:

Othello wrote:
What you are experiencing is normal for this UEFI version. It does it for everyone. If it posts and boots into windows than you are fine. This issue has been talked about in another thread on this forum as well as on the OCN. Also, make sure you are setting your memory boot voltage to 1.4 to 1.45.

The multiple POSTs on UEFI 2606 seem like training process POSTs, the click should be coming from PSU, components will not get damaged.

The advise for VBOOT & VDIMM they should be matched, for example my HW requires 1.4V for 3800MHz C16, so both will be set as that.
Intel Defector :eek: AMD Rebel

R9 5900X - Custom WC - ASUS Crosshair VII Hero WiFi - Ballistix Sport LT 2x16GB 3800MHz C16 - RX 6800 XT - WD SN770 2TB - 2x 870 EVO 4TB

24/7 OC: i5 4690K @ 4.9GHz CPU@1.255v 4.4GHz Cache@1.10v - Archon SB-E X2 - Asus Maximus VII Ranger
Sapphire Fury X (1145/545 ~17.7K GS 3DM FS)

:eek: CPU Validation 5.198GHz@1.314v with 4.4GHz cache + RAM 2400MHz@1T :eek:
Da Music video