cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Flickering Textures while gaming

PanosCy
Level 7
Hi All !

In short i would like to ask if anyone experience any texture flickering while in game?

(please see video) *https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Zje9T2kWFA&feature=share *

I replaced the following without been able to solve the problem 😞

1. Power Supply
2. Motherboard from Z370-F to Z390-F
3. Graphics Card (the problem exist's even with the on-board card) *

I'm using 960 nvme SSD disk and*Corsair Vengeance -DDR4 Ram modules
i have also re-install windows 10 version 1903, 1809 and now 1803... but without success to get the flickering gone.

my computer is not overclocked.

* *thank you for your time to read it.
8 REPLIES 8

Ey3z6
Level 7
What graphics card are you running?

Im running a 5700xt on a b450 board with the latest bios. I dont get full potential of the card due to AMD pulling PCIe 4.0 capabilities from pre x570 boards. I too get this stutter in demanding games. My FPS has been cut by half in non demanding games. I can't get wattman to register anymore in order to change anything. Cant use Afterburner or Any other 3rd party tool either because the card doesnt register wattman values.

panzlock
Level 12
Stop using MSI AB and see if the issue persists. AB might need updates.

AMD drivers might need updating, as well.
I'd like to deploy my troops in her country.

panzlock wrote:
Stop using MSI AB and see if the issue persists. AB might need updates.

AMD drivers might need updating, as well.

I uninstalled AB when I did a fresh install of everything. Didnt help any. I'm currently on the most updated bios and drivers. Still no luck. I even rolled back to 19.7.5 (the last driver that was working for my card). No luck there either. However, the latest/last thing I did was update the bios and that's when all of it started. So I researched and that bios update killed pre x570 PCIe 4.0 support.

panzlock
Level 12
To confirm, this did not help?:

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-19-8-1-driver-download.html

panzlock wrote:
To confirm, this did not help?:

https://www.guru3d.com/files-details/amd-radeon-adrenalin-edition-19-8-1-driver-download.html

It did not, I read some of the comments at the bottom of the page. Seems others are still having the issue as well. The only thing thats different on my end is that I updated the bios on my MoBo (Strix ROG B450-F) a few hours after installing the driver update. But I did all of the clean installs after the bios update. Nothing changed. So I presume to think that its the update to bios. The notes I read on the update state that PCIe 4.0 in pre x570 boards were being pulled. Here is where I assume the problem comes into play... My B450 is PCIe 3, not 4. My card is 4, so I assume thats the conflict? I put my rx590 in and have zero issues.

panzlock
Level 12
Revert to last BIOS on which your system was stable.

panzlock wrote:
Revert to last BIOS on which your system was stable.

That didnt work, ended up disassembling my pc and removed my motherboard. Went to micro center and traded it in since I purchased the 2yr warranty. Got an x570 board and all is smooth as butter... For now.